RPG Maker XP Graphics for RPG Maker VX Ace (Tilesets and Characters)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by LadyBaskerville, Jan 11, 2017.

1. LadyBaskerville

LadyBaskerville Hell-poodle Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cover.png
    (Download links at the bottom of the post)

Now with character sheets!

I resized and reformatted the tilesets from RPG Maker XP for use in MV a while ago (they can be found here). I still had the 32x32 pixel versions of the reformatted tiles, so I thought I might as well share them here.They can be used in VX Ace or in MV with a plugin to change the tile size. As of now, I only rearranged the tiles so that they can theoretically be used in RPG Maker VX Ace. There are still some issues with them, especially the autotiles, but I won't have time to fix them in the near future. (Please note that you must own RPG Maker XP in order to use these tiles.)

These tiles are rather difficult to use in VX Ace since the engine only has one upper layer (MV and XP both have two), but it's not impossible. The map above was made with just the tilesheets linked below, without any events to replace the missing upper layer. (And yes, I have missed a few corner pieces, but I'm too lazy to fix that now :p ) Still, if you want to use these tiles in VX Ace, you might want to edit some of the tilesheets to add overlapping versions if you need them.

The zip archive "XP Tilesets for VX Ace" below contains:
    - one set of A1 autotiles
    - two sets of A2 autotiles (inside and outside)
    - one (incomplete) set of A4 autotiles
    - one set of A5 ground tiles
    - the 50 XP tilesheets reformatted for VX Ace; they can be used in any of the B-E slots. Some of the original tilesheets are split into two VX Ace tilesheets; those are named e.g. XP_to_Ace_017-MineTown01a.png and XP_to_Ace_017-MineTown01b.png, respectively.

There are duplicate tiles between the sheets; if you want to use your tilesets more efficiently, you will need to rearrange some tiles yourself (or wait until I find the time to do it ;) ).

The zip archive "XP Characters for VX Ace" below contains all XP character graphics ready for use in VX Ace (193 sheets, most of them single characters).

You can also download all tilesets and characters at once in the archive "XP Graphics for VX Ace".

Terms of use

Free for commercial and non-commercial use in any RPG Maker engine, as long as you legally own RPG Maker XP. Optimized for VX Ace.

Repost and edit as much as you want, but please link back to this thread if possible.

Credit:
    - Enterbrain for the original tiles
    You don't need to credit me if you use these graphics, but I won't stop you if you do ;)

Feel free to post here about any issues you have with these tiles. Although I probably won't fix them in the near future, I will write them down in a to-do-list for when I have more time.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nice work!

Could you please clarify... are you sure the graphics in the Characters folder are commercially useable? Seems like many different artists work, no?

3. LadyBaskerville

LadyBaskerville Hell-poodle Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, all the graphics - tiles and characters - are minor edits of the RPG Maker XP RTP. If you own a license for XP, you can use these graphics commercially in any RPG Maker engine.

There might have been multiple people working on the RTP, which would explain some differences in art style, but overall the style feels quite consistent to me. (Then again, I'm not really an expert for something like this ...) Can you give an example where it seems to be the work of different artists to you? I just checked the folder again to make sure nothing non-RTP has slipped in, but maybe I overlooked something.

4. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome work!

LadyBaskerville likes this.
  5. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
  6. Darmok0

Darmok0 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great Job. I've reformatted these in the past and they were ok, but these are done very well.
    Thank you for your hard work.