[RPG Maker XP Script Request] Adding Sex and Race to character

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey...

I was wondering if there were scripts to add to the character database the sex and race of a character.

Basically a drop-down box in the database thing to determine if a character is male or female (or unknown), and what race the character is (human, elf, dwarf, etc).

Why?  Well, suppose there is an armor that is meant for only males or females, or for a particular race (like the dwarves).  Or a weapon one particular race can wield, aside from character class.

Any scripts out there to add a Sex/Gender slot and a race slot?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Pretty sure there are no scripts that actually change the database. (That goes for all makers as far as I know.)

There are scripts to edit the menu, so you can type what gender/race they are in the script.

MobiusXVI

Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To add to what slimmmeiske2 said, you can't make changes to the how the in-editor database works as that would require changing RMXP itself which violates the EULA. So to do what you're asking, you'd need a script that adds gender/race to all the actors where you have to specify in the scripts configuration what those are. Then you'd have to script the access requirements for armor/weapons. All of that is doable but involves changing a lot of the core scripts, i.e. it's not a simple request.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.
Hey everyone! Not sure how many people know about Cafofo Music on Itch.io, but I highly recommend their Sound Effects! It is amazing quality AND quantity and best of all, they are having a 50% sale! I can't express how much I love sales.
Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeoValinferno