wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone. Wow it’s been awhile since I last posted here.
However today, I would really need your help !
I am still using vx ace instead of MV because I’m really comfortable with it so please, let’s not discuss about this.
however, i recently discovered one of Yanfly’s script named Message Backlog (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Message_Backlog_(YEP) )which basically offers you the possiblity to read past messages in a visual novel fashion.
i would really need this sort of script but for my vx ace game.
would any one be able to find me an equivalent of this mv script, i’ve been looking everywhere but cannot find one.
i considered soulpour777 animated message log script but since the script doesn’t seem to be working, i cannot know if this script if what i’m looking for ( here is the script : https://rpgmaker.net/scripts/417/code/ )

i’d be tremendously grateful if anyone could help me !

Zuzza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Raizen made a script that may interest you, but it is in Portuguese. You can find it here!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Requests. Thank you.

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Raizen made a script that may interest you, but it is in Portuguese. You can find it here!

Thank you for the suggestion ! However, even by using google translate, I cannot find where is the message log part located in the script. All I can find is the key to skip the dialogue.
I believe this script allows you to see previous message logs through the use of a script call, but what I was planning is to allow the player to press a specific key in order to re-read the previous dialogues.

[MOVE]RGSSx Script Requests[/MOVE]

Haa yes sorry, I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out where to post this feed. Thanks !

Zuzza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know if this is the best solution, but you can create a common event in a parallel process with a conditional to check if the key you want has been pressed. If so, you use the script call.

Oh, this is the script call:
SceneManager.call(Scene_Message_Log)

I tried to make an example, but there are several things in Portuguese
:kaoswt2:

CE.png

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know if this is the best solution, but you can create a common event in a parallel process with a conditional to check if the key you want has been pressed. If so, you use the script call.

Oh, this is the script call:
SceneManager.call(Scene_Message_Log)

I tried to make an example, but there are several things in Portuguese
:kaoswt2:

View attachment 134743

Yeah', I didn't think about that.
I tried it, it gives some good results but it's still not what I'm looking for sadly :/.
You cannot trigger the script call until that the event is done and it only displays a restricted amount of past dialogues (if I'm not wrong, you cannot scroll up to see even older dialogues), so if you wish to re-read the dialogue that started at the beginning of an event, and if the event is long, you cannot read it again. It's a shame though, this could've been a useful script for my game.

But thank you for your dedication Zuzza ! I appreciate that !

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tiamat-86 wrote on Andar's profile.
tfw just trying to help and get yelled at. /comfort
:LZSooo: Gotcha Gotcha Games... have launched an official discord server for RPG Maker. :LZSooo:

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dramacoolanetamak