RPG Music Pack - Free Commercial Use

Discussion in 'General Resources' started by Aaron Krogh, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Sindaine

Sindaine Tired Gamerz Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just wanted to say thank you for this. I listened to all of the tracks and I must say, you have true talent. Each song I can put a scene together in my head while listening to it. Simply amazing work.

Sindaine

2. Zack

Zack Perverted King of Demons Veteran

Right behind you; breathing down your neck.
    First Language:
    English
    Your music made my game sound like liquid gold. This collection is high above the average mark and it's completely free; you're a saint.

3. Aaron Krogh

Aaron Krogh Spoony Bard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the uplifting posts! I just came through a big medical ordeal. It set me back a bit, but I hope to have more free tracks available soon. Thank you for the continued support.

4. Zack

Zack Perverted King of Demons Veteran

Right behind you; breathing down your neck.
    First Language:
    English
    Hope you feel better soon!

Aaron Krogh likes this.
  5. zeraf

zeraf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is realy great! I like every song you've made. Good job

Aaron Krogh likes this.
  6. Aaron Krogh

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Everyone, 

zeraf has found a thread that gives instructions on how to reduce the size of audio files. My files are rather large, sometimes greater than 5MB, and this can cause issues. 

The thread can be found on another site, rpgmakervxace.net, so going there will take you out of these message boards. http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/12712-how-to-reduce-audio-size/

Once again, thank you, zeraf!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  7. West Mains

West Mains Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I can't remember if I posted in here or not, but I thought I'd say (or possibly reiterate) my thoughts:

I like the music, it's of a great quality. Althoguh I don't think I would personally ever use it in a game (partly because I prefer to do my own). It's a solid bit of work though, and I highly appreciate people doing it.

About the file size stuff: why would you do that for an audio file? You're bound to get a loss in quality, and unless the audio is bigger than, say, 50MB, I don't think it's even justified to do it. But I'm obviously incredibly biased and I'm the kind of guy that doesn't bat an eyelid about converting to FLAC (which, as I'm sure some of you know, creates the most stupendously sized files.)

8. Ocedic

Ocedic Dog Veteran

The loss in quality is negligible for 99% of people. Audio accounts for the vast majority of game file sizes, and even today file size is an important factor in how many people try out your game. There's also logistical issues with a larger game. It may not seem like much, but I've saved a lot of time just in how long it takes to backup my project or compress it due to the smaller file size. Your game sounding better with a pair of $400 headphones isn't really worth it unless your game is based around audio or something. I've tested with my sennheisers and I sincerely cannot tell a difference between Aaron Krogh's MP3's and the compressed OGG's. I'm willing to wager most people in a 'blind hear test' wouldn't be able to either.

On the topic of Aaron Krogh's work, it's pure awesome. I'm really glad that you're back; you've honestly done so much for the community (I hear your music everywhere now) I'm surprised you aren't burnt out yet. Your 162 Boss Battle theme is still my favorite battle theme, reminds me Samurai Champloo.

9. West Mains

First Language:
    English
    I don't wanna derail the thread by going into audio quality vs audio size, but I just want to point out this one thing you said here. 

I want to be sure you're not trying to say that audio is somehow one of the lesser important aspects of the game. If you ask me, it is (alongside plot) one of the most important parts of a game, hands down. 

Or maybe I'm a fuddy-duddy that places too much importantance on sound.  :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  10. Ocedic

Ocedic Dog Veteran

I'm not, audio is very important to me and to me one of the key ways to create emotion. What I mean by being based around audio is something like a music/rhythm game or a game that is clearly based around sensory overload, like say Rez.

11. Aaron Krogh

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I understand where you're coming from, West Mains. Personally, if I'm going to listen to music for fun, I prefer the highest quality, or at least the least amount of compression possible. 

Having said that, developers ask me 9 times out of 10 to compress the audio to a size >5MB. OGG is the most accessible format for some of these developers, who are worried that large game file sizes will negatively affect their game. (Not sure how, but I respect that.) The quality does remain good, and many of the smallest OGG files have sound quality comparable to MP3s three times their size.

I'm happy to help if someone needs me to compress a song or two. Anyway, I'm overwhelmed at the positive responses I'm getting. Thanks, guys!

12. West Mains

First Language:
    English
    For some things it could be an option to cut and loop parts to give the impression of length of a piece of music, getting more bang for lower space.

But still, I understand. Although in this day and age, I do think compressing any and all to under 5mb is pushing it a bit. Btut hey ho, people want what people want, doesn't bother me.

Aaron Krogh likes this.
  13. PIT-FACE

PIT-FACE Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I'm DIGGING that desert battle music. Not sure yet if I need it, but i might just make it so I do! haha!

Aaron Krogh likes this.
  14. Pixel Brady

Pixel Brady Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Been using a lot of your music in my latest project and just wanted to express my thanks to you.  Some really great and unique tracks there and just so many to choose from!

Keep up the good work~

Aaron Krogh likes this.
  15. Nosleinad

Nosleinad Storyteller Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
      I am also using some of your musics in my project (I really loved the world map song) and i must say, if i hear all the songs i will surely find other songs that will fit even an horror themed project. Thanks a lot for this big contribution to the Rpg Maker community.

You have a true talent and i am sure that also a kind heart, even not knowing you personally!!

Aaron Krogh likes this.
  16. Aaron Krogh

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks everyone!

I have a new track to share! 

After taking a hiatus from sharing music, I have uploaded a bittersweet piano & flute track. The general theme of the song is "unrequited love." 

Hyperlink:

311 - Love from Afar (Loop) - A soft theme for a character or a bittersweet scene. Based on the idea of an unrequited love theme.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that you do not have to ask me for permission to use this song in a commercial game. All of my SoundCloud tracks that are included in "Sound Color"-titled albums are downloadable. Please credit the composer as "Aaron Krogh."

Thanks,

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    Ocedic likes this.
  17. Aaron Krogh

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Friends,

Here's an older track I polished up during my recent stay at the hospital:   :stare:

http://snd.sc/ZRW5lN'>312 - Vista Del Mar

Based on a coastal-town idea. Sounds more modern than the usual RPG setting, but here goes nothing.

It's a lot happier-sounding than many of my tracks. I think the post-op pain medication I was taking had a little something to do with its inspiration.... 

Maybe? :p

18. Aaron Krogh

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Everyone,

Please check out my newest, biggest project ever! I'm working with Horizon's End Gaming on "THE GREAT GAIAS," an ambitious project that is sure to please RPG fans, especially fans of old-school Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and other franchises. It has excellent, original anime artwork, lovable characters and a great storyline. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I know many of you are in the process of making your own games, but I believe that you also like to play this style of RPG. Come check us out at http://www.horizonsend.com/the-great-gaias

as well at https://www.facebook.com/horizonsendgaming

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, I'll keep updating this thread with free tracks.

Thanks for your support! You guys are awesome!

~Aaron

19. Aaron Krogh

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Friends,

Here's an unconventional track. Minigames, starting towns, or really really excitable characters. It's not my usual fare, but maybe someone will use it.

X01 - Upbeat

(It was commissioned for a game, but apparently was not used. O.O) 

Enjoy.

seita likes this.
  20. AlanLane

AlanLane Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey there! I've been checking in for awhile now, and its about time i post my thoughts to you!

ever since I came across your music when I first started working with my brother on our game, we have both been completely inspired by your music,

we even seem to be making scenes just to fit the music! We love listening to it even when we're just hanging out and working on artwork, or anything else we might be doing.

Your post about using sequel even made me go get a copy to try to work on my longlost love of making music lol, now I've dabbled here and there, and even made a few little tunes, but I'm still in awe of how you put everything together so well!

You are a true artist, and a wonderful asset to the community :) Thank you a million times for your contributions!

I've also checked out the game you are working on, it looks great! you guys keep up the great work, and I cant wait to hear your music with it when it comes out!

~Kristen

Aaron Krogh likes this.