hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aaron, I just wanted to stop in and say that your music is absolutely beautiful and has been a big inspiration for myself to get into making music for video games (even though mine is more along the lines of rock, while yours better fits the RPG genre). Thank you for providing us so many free and amazing tracks to use in our projects.

On another note, I was wondering if you ever took requests or suggestions. I have a couple song ideas I was looking for for my game, but I can't seem to find anything that quite fits, and I just love the sounds of your tunes.

Aaron Krogh

Spoony Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, thank you for your kind words!

On another note, I was wondering if you ever took requests or suggestions. I have a couple song ideas I was looking for for my game, but I can't seem to find anything that quite fits, and I just love the sounds of your tunes.
I am not currently taking requests, unfortunately. I'm job-hunting and writing music for The Great Gaias, mentioned in post #158. Maybe soon, though. At the moment I am only even *considering* taking paid commissions.

Your post about using sequel even made me go get a copy to try to work on my longlost love of making music lol, now I've dabbled here and there, and even made a few little tunes, but I'm still in awe of how you put everything together so well!
Glad to hear that the tracks inspired you! Sequel's a great program, and it gives you quite a library of instruments to use. There are so many possibilities!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanitas

Sora's Worst Nightmare
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Out of curiosity, could we upload 'soundtrack' videos using these tracks for promo purposes, with credit and links back to you? 

It's fine if I can't~

I really like some of these, though a few I find fit scenes besides what they were made for. That said, my favourite is probably "This is not a drill". The drum beat immediately gets you going and ready and creates a real sense of palpable tension in the air, so well done! You're quite the composer.

There are some synths that occasionally feel off but I think that's because there is a particular synth I'm not fond of and musicians seem to be (at least from what I've encountered during my escapades). The melodies are quite clear though, which is always great to hear.

Aaron Krogh

Spoony Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Out of curiosity, could we upload 'soundtrack' videos using these tracks for promo purposes, with credit and links back to you? 
You are most definitely allowed to upload soundtrack videos!

There are some synths that occasionally feel off but I think that's because there is a particular synth I'm not fond of and musicians seem to be (at least from what I've encountered during my escapades). The melodies are quite clear though, which is always great to hear.
I can understand that. There are plenty of synths I've used that I chose because I didn't have many choices, and because the more professional sounding ones were too expensive. I do use some crazy-sounding synths, though! :D

LoneWolfDon

Big Don
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great work! And so much to choose from! :D Thank-you very much for making and sharing this wonderful music (you're one of my Heroes now too ;) . I will probably be putting some of it to good use in my game I'm currently developing (of course I'll give you credit for any of your music I may use, and would be glad to give you a copy of my game too if you like, when it's finished).

I'm just a broke guy, and a 1-man-team making my game, but if you have a Donate button someplace (and do you have an official website?), let me know, and when I'm able to I'd be glad to send a few dollars your way as a token of my appreciation.  Thanks again! Keep up the great work.

Aaron Krogh

Spoony Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm so thankful for your support, everyone!

LoneWolfDon, my tumblr blog contains means of donation via PayPal. There's a button in the upper-right-hand corner.

It's so generous of you to offer!
My tumblr blog also contains info about my latest projects (and some silly ramblings). ;)

Here's the link: http://amkrogh89.tumblr.com

LoneWolfDon

Big Don
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Aaron : Thanks for the info. I've bookmarked your site(s).  I went ahead and already sent in a little donation to show my appreciation for your wonderful music.

Though currently my PayPal funds is now almost empty now :p   Lol. Perhaps I can make another donation when I get further along in the development of my game and I have a few extra dollars. And of course you'd be welcome to get a copy of my game when I finally have it finished (but that could be a ways off yet).

By the way, I haven't officially posted anything yet about my current project yet (though it's shaping up nicely and I have a good working foundation for my game in place already), but the title of my game will be "Blade of Rage", so if you see some info about that project in near future, you'll know that it's mine. Thanks again! :D

Aaron Krogh

Spoony Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
LoneWolfDon,

Thank you so much! I love sharing these tracks, and it's great to see that they're being put to good use! Best of luck to you and your project! I'll be keeping an eye on "Blade of Rage." :)

Aaron Krogh

Spoony Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a remastered track from a few years ago that was a direct "sequel" to "148 - The Brother I Never Had." It's a little angsty, but I think it can be used in a sweet romantic scene or for a lonely character theme.

313 - Bittersweet Affection

As always, you do not have to ask me for permission to use this track in a commercial project! Use it however you like. I ask that you credit the composer as Aaron Krogh.

Thanks, everyone!

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I must say, Aaron Krogh, you are the least spoony bard ever, what with your awesome music.

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is all fantastic work!  Thank you so much for sharing with us!

AngryPurple

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Amazing job! I think I'll have to be crediting you in nearly all of my upcoming projects. These songs can really tell a story. 

Azarael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just another new developer who wants to say thank you. This is great work. I was worried, when I first started working in RM, that I was going to be hamstrung by the lack of music I LIKE in the RTP. Thanks to you, Hyde, and others I discover in the future, that worry is now a thing of the past.

Rodoren

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Amazing, thanks. And thanks for making them commercially available.

razy

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I only signed up 2 thank you for your work.

Its brilliant.

As a (ex-worldchampion) DJ from Germay I can also only say.. WOW!!!

Head up to it and I hope you feelin better yet. If not I have 2 kick some asses...

:) stay fine

Aaron Krogh

Spoony Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I only signed up 2 thank you for your work.

Its brilliant.

As a (ex-worldchampion) DJ from Germay I can also only say.. WOW!!!

Head up to it and I hope you feelin better yet. If not I have 2 kick some asses...

:) stay fine
Well, thank you! Your support is appreciated. It is nice to read those words written by a fellow musician. I am feeling much better since my surgery, thank you (I believe that is the incident to which you were referring).

Outstanding works. ^_^
Thank you very much, Metalraptor! I hope to post new, free music soon. :)

Zack

Perverted King of Demons
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice to see that you're still making music, Aaron.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The presentation pictures for FSM Castle Tiles are really bad, there is so much more content in this DLC than they show. Great DLC.^^
Anyone know/remember Mummy's Tomb / Crystals of Zong for C64? Trying to recreate it for One Map Challenge. Fun. And ... er ... challenging!

Listen.. I er... caught the live stream. :LZSwink:
The MZ first look stream was quite good. Looks like we get a lot of generator parts right off the bat this time around. Lots of cool clothes, helmets, facial marks, etc. Looking forward to playing around with it. :)
Any tips on how to share resources in here? Should I upload them in a image hosting site or Google Drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denzelwatson