Metal Dinosaur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My software : RPG Maker MV.

Issue : Hello! I wanted to have the walls of my rooms consist of two tiles horizontally so I can have paintings fit onto my walls without looking weird or too big/crowded. I also don't want my rooms to look horizontally squished. I place down a door and everything is fine, except when the door is used and opens, it opens to show the player walking into the wall before being transported to the designated room. That looks really odd and I hate that. Thus, I put the solid black tile behind the door so that when the door is being used and opened, it'll show the player actually walk into darkness rather than some dumb wall. BUT THE LINES, OH GOD, THE LINES ( shown below in the SS )! How the heck do I fix this? :kaoangry:

I refuse to use double-tiled doors. They are way too big for my lil' old man sprite.

-
KAHT :kaoswt:

Attachments

• Door Issue.png
    Door Issue.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 22

Olra

Global Derp
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quite simple, there should be a darkness tile in Tileset B. You can't miss it, it's a black void with a grey gradient coming from the bottom.

Alternatively you could've shift-clicked.

Edit: actually ignore the last sentence, I derped.

To go more into this, the gradient void tileset allows you to walk into a space that would regularly be a wall and looks pretty nice. The darkness tile you used acts as a wall.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you changed the screensize in your game?
Sometimes those lines happen if the screen size is changed to a number that is not divisible by 48.

Kacribus

Metal Dinosaur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Olra I couldn't find the black void gradient tile you described in B as I was using SF-Inside but I tried shift-clicking instead even though you said to ignore it, and it worked! It looks totally normal! Thank god, now I don't have to have squished up maps. Thank you! :kaoluv:

@Andar I figured it out! Thank you though! :kaohi:

- KAHT

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Last monday Hawkzombie played ATV.

Here are the videos:

Yes, I'm alive. No the semester didn't kill me. Though there are days I feel like I am dead.
In the review stages for Pixacrea to be put up on Steam :) Coming Soon page... hopefully coming soon ;)
since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadened