Not open for further replies.

shylor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was just wondering if anyone was looking into a way to make the game in browser more responsive?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you mean like the autoresize default plugin?...

Edit:

Code:
Graphics._defaultStretchMode = function() {    return true;};

Last edited by a moderator:

shylor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you give me a little more info of how to enable this? I don't see this plugin, and I don't know where your code snippet is from or should go.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
He was referring to a plugin that was included with the RPG Maker MV demo posted online. If you take the code and put it into a javascript file (text file with the .js extension instead of .txt), and put it in your plugins folder, you can add it through the plugin manager.

shylor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sweet, I will try it now. :D

Xamos

Xamos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Adding that code into a file named Autoresize.js does work, however I didn't see it included with the demo. Well technically the Trial.

Works great though! Will the performance increase and RPG Maker MV moves on?

I am creating and Android game however was hoping to export a version to HTML5 as well, but while this plays in the browser it chops.

What is confusing about this, is that when I press F2 to debug WebGL, it tells me I am getting 33-35 FPS but it just *feels* slow compared to an application.

terwilliker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
He was referring to a plugin that was included with the RPG Maker MV demo posted online. If you take the code and put it into a javascript file (text file with the .js extension instead of .txt), and put it in your plugins folder, you can add it through the plugin manager.
Neat, that is great. We need a place to keep track of tips like this.

Trjstan

Pretty high right now
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm slightly confused on how we export HTML5 in the first place. There isn't a default option in the deployment section.

shylor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@mephistopheles: export as windows and grab the www folder out of the output location. Then just upload the content of www to your website.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
dont even need to export, can just grab the files from your project folder and send them :/

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm slightly confused on how we export HTML5 in the first place. There isn't a default option in the deployment section.
As shylor said, you can either export as windows, or the Android/iOS export also works, and then grab the content files. 

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
What exactly does this do to make is more responsive? Would this work for anything outside the browsers as well? 
It makes it more responsive in the sense that as you resize the browser window the game will resize as well. This is the web development term 'responsive', however, when I think the topic starter actually meant responsive as in better framerate.

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It makes it more responsive in the sense that as you resize the browser window the game will resize as well. This is the web development term 'responsive', however, when I think the topic starter actually meant responsive as in better framerate.
Ahh yeah. This is great though very important to have. I added it in but right now I can't care about those type of improvements right now. My focus is purely on fps. I'm still trying figure out if I can make mobile game use webgl rather then canvas. 

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ahh yeah. This is great though very important to have. I added it in but right now I can't care about those type of improvements right now. My focus is purely on fps. I'm still trying figure out if I can make mobile game use webgl rather then canvas. 
There are lots of people working on the exact same thing. My suggestion (and what I'm also doing) is to just get on and have some fun learning, then in a week or two someone who has a much better idea of how RPG Maker works internally (or maybe just someone who has more free time than I do!) will produce a plugin :)

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There are lots of people working on the exact same thing. My suggestion (and what I'm also doing) is to just get on and have some fun learning, then in a week or two someone who has a much better idea of how RPG Maker works internally (or maybe just someone who has more free time than I do!) will produce a plugin :)
Yeah it's already happening on reddit by someone or at least trying to. I made a fresh post on that topic:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47116-performance-issues-with-core-js-related-to-tilemaps/

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Aha, a fellow redditor :) Saw that post on reddit earlier, and was quite shocked at the way tilemaps were implemented to say the least!

Trjstan

Pretty high right now
Reaction score
First Language
English
@mephistopheles: export as windows and grab the www folder out of the output location. Then just upload the content of www to your website.
 I click the index to see how it works and it tells me it failed to load Actors.json

Loki2020

Maestro
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
Trjstan, You may need to upload it to a web server to get that fuctionality to work.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Loki2020, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

And because this is most probably already solved, closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgeal365