Rpg MV Leaders Score Board [Request]

Raggon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can anyone point me in the right direction or make this plugin? how would you store a score board on a website Database for example mysql and show users scores on there?

it would probably be exporting a score from variable X onto the WWW into a txt file? php file?

Any Help or advice would be appreciated.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To write to a file across a network, I believe you need to have a server-side application to handle the incoming write request and have that application write the file for you. I think a common option for sending data is XMLHttpRequest. Some online hosts may have a HTML/JS-based scoreboard API already set up, which would greatly simplify matters; just need to check the documentation to see what kind of format the server expects. :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this can be done fairly easily with SQLITE, some bootstrap (or however you want to make your board pretty), a bit of php and a plugin called CloudManager.js

search for that and hopefully it comes up. i've used it to implement scoreboard type things and it works perfectly. you can also store game saves online, etc. i'm low-level intermediate with programming and was able to set up a working demo in a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spielmister