CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By chance, does anyone have insight into what the full technical differences will be from the RPG maker MV computer version compared to the RPG Maker MV that is releasing on the Nintendo Switch next month?

I'm interested in getting it, but part of me has the idea it will only be RTP assets that can be used on the Switch version, and no importing/exporting to other platforms and such. Please correct me if I am indeed wrong.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly we are the wrong place to ask this, as it is not even being published by the same company.

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it is gonna be rtp only and you cant use plugins

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will say that fes was fun to work with, partly because of the limitations and also the portability. I'm not sure yet if that feeling can transfer over to MV on switch, especially considering many people that would use it have already experienced MV with all the bells and whistles, so to speak.

IFCATS

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can share my experience so far because the japanese version has english language. I bought it with enthusiasm and so far it has disappointed greatly. While Fes has an interface conceived for the hardware, on the Switch you have the same interface of pc, only harder to navigate. It is also slow. The limited assets and no plug-in are nothing compared to the chore that is trying to create anything. I really wish that they ported FES Instead :(

Also by having the same interface of MV, it means that the tilesets/characters are minuscule in handheld mode

Last edited:

MoonDragonLuna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English, German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder what the price will be, as generally games on the Switch (Online Shop) are in my country at least 20€ more, does that mean as example RPG Maker MV would cost like a 100€ on Switch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This is on the Amazon page for the FF7 Remake: 'If you get the game early, please think of others and don't spoil it for them. Please don't post videos or screenshots of the game until it is officially on sale on April 10.'
Gave my avatar an update, stay safe, people!
I'm currently available for hire for scripting (and perhaps other things).
Also, don't worry, the Advanced Minimap plugin is a work in progress.
Hallelujah! Work is getting stricter on humans in the store.
Day 3 of mapping... at least the whole game its just one location :3 (Still taking forever...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RitBro