JShaw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there fellow gamers!

I am Jonathan Shaw - a freelance composer and sound designer - and have released a free video game music library with a bunch of royalty-free video game tracks covering various themes and scenarios, all with an orchestral aesthetic and with suggested uses and loop metadata.

If you would like to collaborate on a project, feel free to contact me here or on my website.

But nevertheless, here is some information on the royalty-free music library. You can check out the tracks and download the free .MP3s:

"RPG Orchestral Essentials"

How to download:

1) Click the link "RPG Orchestral Essentials" above
2) Click on the big orange button titled "LEGACY"
3) Scroll down to the "Versions" section
4) Under the "Download" column, click the big blue "Free MP3" button
5) Enter "0" as a price on the new popup window (or if you are feeling generous, name your own price!)
6) Click the big blue "Buy now"
7) Done! You'll get sent a download link to your email
8) If using the free .MP3s, remember to credit the track in the credits list of your project! A good example is in the FAQ below!

Examples:

FAQ

Where can I use these tracks?
These tracks can be used in any project! While they are intended for use in video games, they can be used in other mediums (if you can make them fit, I applaud you!)

It's free?! Are you pulling my leg? :o
Yep - it's free! The .MP3 versions of the tracks are completely free to download and use.

Is this music royalty-free?
Yep - entirely! The tracks I release in this library are all royalty-free! I have released the free MP3s under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license (see the question below) so you do need to credit the track(s), but otherwise, there is nothing else you have to do!

Do I have to credit/attribute you if I use these in my project?
For the free MP3s, yes! A lot of blood, sweat and English tea went into creating these tracks, so if you use them, do please mention the track(s) in the credits list. A good format is:

"(Track Title)"
Composed by Jonathan Shaw
(www.jshaw.co.uk)

Can you compose a new track for my project?
I most certainly can!

____________________​

Any comments/criticisms/suggestions are all warmly invited.

Enjoy, and feel free to contact me for any queries!

Last edited:

JShaw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As the snow continues to fall, we begin our journey in a northern village. All is calm, all is quiet, and slowly the sun begins to pierce through the clouds, revealing a vast winter land coated in a ...

"Morning Frost"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a small, peaceful village, town or house in a winter, snowing area."

Download the free .mp3 recording on the library's web page:

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've got some beautiful tracks here! Thanks for sharing.
I'm a little confused with the terms of use though... are these mp3 tracks allowed to be used in commercial games as long as I credit you?

JShaw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a little confused with the terms of use though... are these mp3 tracks allowed to be used in commercial games as long as I credit you?
Correctamundo!

The free .MP3 versions are released under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License, so they can be used in both noncommercial and commercial projects so long as credit is given.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More free music is always good especially if it is of quality :)

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well this is some high quality stuff! Very nice indeed.
Free music does not get any better than this.

JShaw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Within this snowy village, we shuffle away into a tavern. We find ourselves surrounded by drunkards, raucous ramblings, and dizzy merrymaking. After a few drinks ourselves, it seems we have stumbled upon a ...

"Spinning Tavern"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a tavern, inn or pub, where drunken ramblings and comical stumblings can occur, on top of other funny scenarios. "

Download the free .mp3 recording on the library's web page:

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Checked your website. You've got some great music. However, if I wanted to commission some work from you, if I start saving now, I can pay you in 10-15 years. Unfortunately, your free tracks would not work in my current project.

Keep up the good work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.
Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr