RPG Plugins: Animations, Birthdays, and Cool Dragons!!!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
rpg.jpg

Lore
Hi, I'm DekitaRPG, known irl as David. I do the tippy tappy code making.

Today is my birthday, so in typical programmer style I wrote a system to celebrate!!! I was going to release just just this system to the community today, but I felt like that wasn't quite a good enough gift. After thinking for a while I decided to pull another 12 plugins from my early access demo to make it up to a lucky 13 plugins. (10 internet points to the first person who correctly guesses what system I wrote to mark this occasion)!!

Anyway, here is a list of the plugins contained in this release:

RPG Core
This system contains the core functionality used by other plugins written by Dekita RPG. There are multiple new classes defined within this plugin that are critical for other systems to function correctly.

Sprites using Dragonbones armatures are defined by this plugin along with multiple other classes for managing Sprites, Scenes, & Settings. The only configurable option for this plugin is for setting the dragonbone images folder. Dragonbone images are used by other plugins of mine, but this core plugin is what handles the loading.
Dragonbones MV
This plugin does not do anything other than enable the use of dragonbones armatures within the RPG Maker MV environment.

The code itself was written by the Dragonbones Team & Other Contributors. I (DekitaRPG) only found a compatible version of the library and added functionality into my core plugin to allow the easy creation and control of animations created with dragonbones.
Dragonbones MZ
This plugin does not do anything other than enable the use of dragonbones armatures within the RPG Maker MZ environment.

The code itself was written by the Dragonbones Team & Other Contributors. I (DekitaRPG) only found a compatible version of the library and added functionality into my core plugin to allow the easy creation and control of animations created with dragonbones.
Dragonbone Battlers
This plugin allows for actors and enemies to be animated using dragonbones armatures. Use simple notetags to define the animations to be used during the various battle and menu states.
Battler Gauges
Adds animated gauges for hp, mp, tp, and ct (tpbs charge time). Configure the gauge flow speed and type, and set the colors used for each gauge with ease. Also supports custom gauge sizes and positions.
Skip Party Command
Does what it says and skips the party command window in battle (fight/escape)
Sideview Actor Positions
This plugin provides some basic control over the positioning of the games sideview battle actors!!
Sideview Enemy Positions
This plugin provides some basic control over the positioning of the games sideview battle enemies!!
Game/Actor Birthdays & Date Checker
Easily setup a birthday for any game actor, and even for the game itself!!

Actor birthday information can easily be changed with script calls, or preset using notetags. The games anniversary date is preset within the plugin parameters section!!

Additional script calls for use within conditional branches are available to allow you to check if the current date (on the users machine) matches either a specific date or month.

Using this you can easily have maps that only appear during certain months, or rewards for players who play the game on specific dates!!!
Animated Backgrounds
Fully animate all default game scenes with ease! Contains multiple options for controlling the various effects and parameters of all images. Capable of adding sprites, parallax backgrounds, layers of fog, or even dragonbones animations into any of the default game scenes.

Features include:
◉ Apply easing effects to all scene images (ease on scene start)
◉ Control opacity, scale, hue, and position for all scene images
◉ Add unlimited static images into game scenes
◉ Add unlimited parallax images into game scenes
◉ Add unlimited dragonbones images into game scenes
◉ Add unlimited particle images into game scenes
Balloon Position
This plugin allows you to set an offset for both the x and y positions of balloon icons. You can also use some script calls to alter the position during gameplay (does not persist across game resets)
Kursor Blink
This plugin allows for control over the cursor blink speed.
Window Opacity
Controls the opacity settings for the Window_Base class!! As all windows are children of the Window_Base class, by setting the opacity there it will affect all child classes also. Meaning, this plugin controls all window's opacity.
App Launcher Replacement
Completely changes how the engine initializes at startup, creating an animated loading system. Some basic customization options are available for controlling the information shown at boot, and also how it is formatted. This system also includes an asset preloader for images. must be configured in the js file itself as it is technically not a plugin.

Shots From The Screen
screenshot_160525101289asdas.png
screenshot_1605251012894.png
screenshot_1605250975725.png
screenshot_1605250952941.png
screenshot_1605250940265.png

How To Make The Things Work??
See 'how to install' within demo project's zip file.

Shampoo & Conditioner, Rinse and Repeat
These systems are available for non-commercial projects only. If you have to ask whether your project is commercial or not, it probably is. See plugin details for commercial licence information.

Skreipt-Kal: The Commander Of Peasant Plugins
See individual plugin descriptions for script calls, notetags, and plugin command information - its why I spend hours of time writing them, it sure isn't for my benefit!

The One Thing You Care About!!
The demo for this project can be found here!!

I work on plugins almost every day, and I intend on releasing more plugins at some point, but I'm in no rush. But if you have any features to suggest or bugs to report, let me know and I'll get them fixed, or consider adding them for the next release.

Until then, Happy Gaming :*

Last edited:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just gonna reserve this here spot for potential future needing of the spot! :o

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy Birthday!!! ^^ If I remember correctly, your plugins are compatible with MV too? *0* Or do I have to be sad? ;__;

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Mucho thankies, but there is really no need for the birthday wishes. I was only parting with that info because of the plugin that was written specifically because of it. :D

Anyway, yes my plugins are compatible with mv also. (not all of them, I havent played with battle stuff since mz launched, so that probably wont work without some minor tweaks, but animated backgrounds and such should work fine (I have tested animated bg's in mv when I was testing the performance of my latest minigame in mv)

If you find any plugins that are incompatible just lemme know and ill try get a compatibility fix applied for next release. Not everything will be able to get a compat fix, but most things will, and things that wont I might write a separate system for them if the feature demands it! :)

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy birthday! Good work!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lol thanks dude! Honestly this is nothing compared to what I haven't fully released yet, but I had to start releasing something at some point. Its been months already :D

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice to see some of your plugins here in the forums now.:kaoluv:
I saw some videos on youtube a while ago ... where you showed them.
Just asking out of curiosity and interest but, do you have a summon plugin done or planned?
I can´t seem to find one for rpg maker mz yet, which is a shame.
Also thanks for sharing those awesome plugins, hope you had a nice B-Day.:kaojoy:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks, I really did! ^_^

Yea, I've been 'teasing' my plugins for quite a while. I honestly still wouldnt have released anything publicly if I didn't write my birthday plugin. There's actually some systems I teased months ago that still aren't even available in early access... :D

Anyway, I do have a pokemon style capture/summon system planned, but not even started on it yet. I'm planning a good few mods for the battle system side of things, but I've been focusing mostly on the menu stuff (and code for my core to make future plugins easier) for now.

I've also been working on a 'priority' basis. ATM I have a few more visual novel style plugins for my next release. Once my visual novel character plugin is confirmed to be stable in early access, I'll be rewroking my 'dragonbone battler' plugin to accommodate multiple types of battler graphics (dragonbones, regular spritesheets, custom formatted sheets with extra animations, visual novel style) Once that is done, I'll be doing monster captures (I intend to use visual novel style characters for the 'trainer', and boners for the summonable creatures). I'll also make it so that both 'trainer' and summoned creature can be on the battlefield at the same time (optional)..

So yea, I'm expecting to have at least some more battle stuff done sometime next month :)

gabrieldiastche

Gabriel Dias
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats man, I hope you keep the good work!

I really like your job for the community, it's great to see people doing this type of plugins and keeping our community growing! :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png
Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmeodprp03