RPG VX Ace Script...Help!

Exp Devourer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'm new to these forums more or less, and heh as you can tell by the title I am in dire need of assistance. I can handle the majority of the game functions in this creation tool, but when it comes to scripting in this game, or any other I am at an utter loss. What I am currently working on, is a fun little game, a mixture of many of the old ones I grew up with, and I have reached the point in the game, where scripts are needed to accomplish what I want done (or at least as far as I know anyways).

What I am looking for is someone, or even the community if they feel like it, to walk an old gamer through the scripting process to get this thing done. This game is not commercial, so whatever gripes any developers may have is moot, this is a labor of love, plainly its nostalgia for me.

My first hurdle, is the title screen. I have already got it working, however, I created a Splash Screen, via HIME's splash script "kudo's Hime, even if you did move your page to get away from me. :p Heh, thanks for all the help with that." I got it working, still I cannot get it to skip to my title Screen when I hit the skip button I assigned. Nor will it end, once the splash has run its course, it just cycles endlessly on a vertical loop.

Any help is appreciated, and all scripts supplied to me will be acknowledged in the games credits and so forth, trust me, I am big on giving credit where credit is due. Worked on too many projects myself where companies didn't want to give me credit for my own designs, so that is a big peeve of mine.

This is the only script I have so far, thanks to Hime again on this one.

View attachment Himes SplashScreen Script.txt

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

The script forum is for presenting scripts you wrote yourself.

That said, I suggest you follow the link "how to use a script" in my signature - most probably you configured the skip button wrong (button, not key or letter, there is a difference) and that tutorial explains where to check for the configurations possible

Exp Devourer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

The script forum is for presenting scripts you wrote yourself.

That said, I suggest you follow the link "how to use a script" in my signature - most probably you configured the skip button wrong (button, not key or letter, there is a difference) and that tutorial explains where to check for the configurations possible

I was almost sure I had placed this post in the correct this time. These forums are confounding, so easy to get lost in here. I looked through and through many of them scripts, and I could not find a tutorial that addressed the issues I was trying to overcome, just a lot of scripting jargon that was alien to me. But I will check out your link, and attempt to alter the button and see if that works as well. Note, every one has their talents, and mine has never been anything to do with math, scripting included, so its unlikely I'll write any from scrap myself.

Edit: Apparently it wasn't so much my choice in keys that caused the script to not work, it was a lack of knowledge about scripting     Seeing as how, after reading your link for How to Script it said  :A   somehow translates to  Shift on the keyboard, threw me off, but it worked. I have a lot of reading to do it would seem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A beloved family member passed away due to complication to combat COVID and diabetes. Rest in peace Grandma.
Just got FES pack for my MZ. The details of the tilesets and chars seem not very compatible with MZ rtp. Look like they are scaled up. Not saying it's bad, but just won't fit well.
I've been busy with other things lately but I'm getting back into working on stuff for my game next month. I think I'm going to fiddle with making NPC busts next, mixing and matching stuff from DLC I've purchased.
Just finished composing a boss battle theme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeselerfinnole