Rpg_core.js issue

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Modeko, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Modeko

Modeko Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi all! First of all I hope this is the right forum. If not, please let me know and I will move it.

I have encountered a problem that I've isolated to a rpg_core.js plugin issue. I've turned off all other plugins except the other rpg vanilla plugins and even then I still get the same: black screen, no music, requires an end process to close. The console says it's an rpg_core issue, and without those plugins running, my game starts and everything, but some plugins I have and need for my game require the rpg mv vanilla plugins to be on to work. I've tried pretty much everything, including updating all my plugins, replacing my vanilla plugins with ones from a new, untouched project, and still nothing.

I'd appreciate any help I can get, thanks! PS. I have attached an image of the error message.

Attached Files:

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Moved to Plug_in support

You might want to read that error message you posted again, as there are non-core plug-in in there (SRPG_Agi_Animation, Enemybook and Itembook are in the error message, and those are not core). If there are ANY plug-ins in the error message that is not core, the error is due to that plug-in.

That being said, the error is probably a few of your plug-ins do not work well together.

Aloe Guvner likes this.
  3. Modeko

Modeko Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for putting this in the correct forum. I turned off the other plugins to check and it's still doing the same thing with the same core plugin errors. Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help, btw!

Attached Files:

4. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Are you running new game, or a save game? And are you testing it in playtest or in the battle test? Battle test doesn't load all plug-ins, so best to avoid that once you use plug-ins, and save games will not work if they are saved with one plug-in then loaded with another set?

Also what is your core version? If you have a mismatch of core files that will cause errors. You'll want to open one of the core files and see the header. If it is missing you have version 1.0 which is very outdated and will probably not work with any plug-ins that exist now.

5. Modeko

Modeko Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My core files, or at least my rpg_core one is 1.6.2, so I assume the rest are up to date. I'm attempting to run a new game, but it won't even take me to the title screen or show anything except a black screen when I hit the playtest button. It's super weird.

6. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Try an empty new project. If it works there then you may need to copy the core files from the new empty project to yours as one of them got garbaged.

7. Modeko

Modeko Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I copied the files over and the rpg_core file is still spitting out the same code & issues. :/

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If the new project works, but not after copying those files into the other project, then there are only two possible options:

1) one of the other plugins still active is causing the problem (the error is always reported where the computer first detects it, NOT where it really happened (which can be sometime before, which is why the error trace in the console is important).
    In that case, pleace show us a screenshot of your plugin manager.

2) some of the other files in the project that are required have been changed or damaged.
    One question: If you open the project folder, is there a folder named WWW? That folder must not be in the working project folder, it would indicate that you damaged your project by deploying into the project folder instead of an output folder.