RPGmaker-DEV | New MV & MZ "Master Plugin List" (still under construction)

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sometimes also, we just fix things and never know why they was broken before and why they are working now xD
I can feel that... In my work routine you find a lot of code like this... and in rpg maker, the plugin I'm currently working on has too many things like this to my liking...

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here's a couple of mockups to my ideal plugin collection site:

1654084284680.png
Images should be hosted externally, but the "download" button should be an option for small plugin files, in case of free.
1654084310293.png
Searching for 1 only value, unless you add google search tricks, renders any tag system to be a category system.

Like I said, this is my ideal, which may differ from anyone else's, just wanted to share my opinion!

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks nice but unfortunately this would be to much work. Only with a team or if every Creator adding their Plugins to the list this detailed list / plugin collection would be possible (for this project). ^^

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Makerdevs allowed you to register and publish your own plugins, but I understand what you mean, since you're adding then manually one by one, you cannot check that.

Not sure if you can make it so by checking agaisnt the rpg maker web forums, you could "transfer" the rights of the published plugins, but this is another idea.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the site is working, but the SRD_TimerUpgrade has MV/MZ no/no
instead of yes / no.

but I like the version you have currectly, easy and not to much hissle :)

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Last weekend I didn't add any new plugins to the list as I was working on something else. It took a little longer, but I'm very satisfied now.

1. You now have the opportunity to send me plugins. Send them to me using the form (https://rpgmaker-dev.com/mv-mz-plugin-submission/) or simply here in this thread or in a private conversation.

2. You can now register, but only under certain conditions. The whole thing is built on the basis of trust, as theoretically you can spam the list full, insert links to unsafe sites, etc.
https://rpgmaker-dev.com/register

Plugin submission for logged-in users:
index.php

index.php

index.php

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont get really the last 2 parts of links, etc, but you may add
my MC, and ULS system to the list =)

but also my DR if you feel free, (DR = both MV and MZ),
the other 2 are MV only, and my unsupported can be left off =)

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
2. You can now register, but only under certain conditions. The whole thing is built on the basis of trust, as theoretically you can spam the list full, insert links to unsafe sites, etc.
https://rpgmaker-dev.com/register
Once you register, it redirects you to /register/wp-login.php, which is a 404.
/wp-login.php is also a 404
/login.php is.... Yes! A 404.
Login cannot be found! Please check this up!
Oh, the link that takes you to /login (not .php) does work by the way

[Edit]
Loging in:
First I tried user/password, got the "check verification mail" message. Got no email. I think this is intended behaviour as you will check users manually, but the message should be something like "talk to me on rm forums!"
Then, I tried log by email, got the "email not found" message. Is this not implemented or not working? Anyway just reporting here.
Last, I tried to recover the password, and both user and email got me "your user doesn't exist".

There goes my report on new users' functionality.

Last edited:

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the report, I totally forgot to change the message ^^'

Unfortunately I'm on vacation, so I can check it next week.

wp-login, etc. should not work because of the security plugin, only rpgmaker-dev.com/login should work.

I checkmarked "login with email and username", but maybe the plugin needs an update.

Next week, when I'm home, I will fix this.

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1. I got a mail about my registration being reviewed, then got an activation link. A bit odd of a register flow, and it's a dangerous one, because you will review at your own pace, and the activation gets sent to spam. It can still work, "those who really want to register, should pay attention too".

wp-login, etc. should not work because of the security plugin, only rpgmaker-dev.com/login should work.
2. I meant you get sent there instead /login, from register form.

3. Just tried to log in, wrong password, did it get deleted after activation?

After reseting the password:
4.1 User who sent the request is named Wordpress.
4.2 Link is not clickable, not important but someone might eventually complain.
4.3 Login now insists my account is not activated.
4.4 Now it recognizes email on password recovery. Maybe account reviewing is some requeriment?

There goes my latest tests report, I am missing trying to log in with email again!

Have some nice vacations!

Last edited:

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@myenemy Sorry it took a little bit longer, your account has now been activated.
I fixed the redirect after registration, and I deleted/deactivated the "activation email", unfortunately I couldn't adjust the message when you try to log in but your account isn't activated.

PS: to submit plugins hover over "RPGmaker MV/MZ Plugin-List" and then "MV/MZ-Plugin submission".
If you are logged out you see the form, if you are logged in you should see an empty list / table, where you should be able to add new entries, edit and remove them.

If there are any problems just let me know. Thanks for your reports / help!

I will add some profile fields in the next days or next weekend, like "Link to website", etc. and I will add some new plugins to list - @ShadowDragon thanks for the submissions! :D

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I made an entry, with one of my plugins to test it.
I set two links, one for rpg maker forums where I published it, where they can contact me from, and itch.io, where the file and documentation(-esque) is hosted.

The thing is, I named the one for the forums "Support", not 100% following the naming pattern. Is this okay?

RPG Maker forums doesn't host the plugins, so it has to be itch.io. (In fact, they recommended this to me)
They should be published on RPG Maker forums too, so if I just added the rpg maker forums link to the list:
they should have to go to the list, then back to rpgmakerweb forums, then itch.io, then click download, then choose if donate, then clicking the flavour of the download, which would make the downloading process excruciatingly annoying for the rpg maker developer.
GamesOfShadows didn't follow that same pattern on every single entry either way, for example,
screenshot21.959.png
a link for MV and another for MZ, so I think the small variations are acceptable.

On another note,
screenshot21.958.png
I found this. Can you fix this "Download & Documentation"?

Last edited:

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's totally fine, I also added "Support" to the "template list". :)

I found this. Can you fix this "Download & Documentation"?
I fixed it, thanks for the report. :)

Also, thanks for your help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...
I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaggo