DarcyJones

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So. First the update made me unable to test my game. I made a backup, then replaced the html and .js libs folder. Boom it started working again. I could playtest and work again. But now when I try to change an event's Image, I can change it to look like characters but if I try to use an object from a tileset, MV crashes... so I tried to verify integrity of game files... it said 281 couldn't be verified and started a download, that finished, MV still crashes when I try to change an event image. I tried starting a new project: No Plugins, all default stuff. Still crashes... I'm going to try to reinstall...

This is going to take a little while.

*On a totally random side note, as scared as I am of losing all my progress (even though I now have 2 backups), I am kind of excited to try out GENE or whatever its called. The new visual novel thing. That could be fun. And I would have an excuse to break out my wacom tablet and draw again.

Okay. Reinstalled. New Project, and... it works! I can make events look like items from tilesets. Now I need to try bringing my project back... (sigh...) please work...

...crashed on my own project again. Has something within the tilesets changed in the update? like, did stuff get moved around? I'm going to
see what I can do...

Now I went back to the New Project and it crashed when I tried it again!? What is going on!? I changed literally nothing!? Ugh... i'm getting frustrated again...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DarcyJones I have merged your 4 posts into one. If you want to add something, please edit your earlier post and include the additional information/comment.

There are several threads which you can check out for information on this.
If you are using plugins, it is likely that one or more will need to be updated by the plugin writer(s). I do know that someone has supplied a temporary fix for Yanfly's doodads plugin.

DarcyJones

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DarcyJones I have merged your 4 posts into one. If you want to add something, please edit your earlier post and include the additional information/comment.

There are several threads which you can check out for information on this.
If you are using plugins, it is likely that one or more will need to be updated by the plugin writer(s). I do know that someone has supplied a temporary fix for Yanfly's doodads plugin.

Sorry about all that, I'm super new to this whole forum thing. Is there anyway I can have this entire post removed? I feel bad for posting when I was just frustrated. I ended up making a new thread later when I had calmed down, did my best to follow all the guidelines and be uber descriptive, and I got several responses including another user who said he had sent in a support ticket or something on the official help page. :p Like I said, I'm really new to this, and I hadn't seen anyone say anything about it yet... it was day 1... and the other user who sent in the ticket was like 3 Pages deep into the "RPG Maker MV 1.6.0 and GENE" page so I hadn't seen it. Anywho, I just wanted to apologize, say thank you for being understanding, and ask if there was a way to delete this thread please. ^-^

Have a lovely day,
Darcy

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.
I really liked how this one turned out! :kaopride:
WYqMPf6.png

Character (Yes, this is a character): Nibiru the Primal Being from Yugioh.
Dragon Quest style enemy selection plugin work in progress:

Quest_Targeting.png

It's a simple targeting system from the NES era. Select an enemy group; single-target skills will target the first enemy in that group.

Quest-Targeting-Animated.gif
Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RiceKun