RPGMAKER MV possibility to read outside code(or softwares)

aSacrip

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello,:kaohi:
I just want to ask the community about some rumors I've eard around the internet:
Can really RPGMAKER MV read outside softwares (like controller plugins) not written expecially in javascript?:kaoback:
this one for example was an api to connect an usb controller to your pc and let rpgmaker map the keys as far as I know that software wasnt in Js but was composed of .exe and .ini file.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

DESCLAIMER
I'm not suggesting nor planning to make rpgmaker read malevolent code, I'm just curious of how this can be possible if true or was just a prank and I buyed it...
:kaoswt: please let me know!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tech Support is for when you cannot get the engine to run.

This could go in a couple of places, but for the time being, I'm moving it to MV Support.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RMMV creates HTML5-Games to run in a browser. That means whatever it does needs to be launched or accessed from inside a brwoser.

There are some ways to do that from javascript code (as with any other HTML-Based website), but if you do that the resulting game most likely will remain locked to the operating system that has its features accessed - you can't excess a window-exe file when running the game on a MacOS computer or an Android Tablet after all (and that are only two of the possible deployment types).

That said, MV already includes code to access the default controller interface on most computers. If that game controller you have in mind is compatible with default windows controllers it should work without any extra code or driver.
If it is an exotic controller that absolutely requires its own driver API, then bad luck - a game would have to be specifically modified for the owners of that controller alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
Recently posted a demo of my game online. Now I have no idea what to do with myself o_O What is the reason for my existence now...
I'm feeling a lot better this week. Some of the rules in my country for isolation changed a little, so I was able to see friends in person again, which was a huge relief. Thanks everyone for giving me some sympathy last week when I was having a rough time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stellata