RPGMaker MV user end lag problem.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by RHachicho, Aug 17, 2017.

1. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello this is more of a general support question. I have started my patron and most of my patrons are satisfied with the game performance. However one person is reporting terrible lag. I'm not sure exactly what could be causing this. It's true my game is fairly graphically intensive. for an rpg maker .. I use 2/3 layers of overlays. And operate at 1920x1080 resolution. But .. As I 've said. This one person is the only person reporting lag. Looking online I've seen that there seem to be multiple people with similar problems with MV. And I want to help them solve it. Therefore I'd like to ask people for any reason they might know for someone's pc to just go "nope" To rpgmaker MV.

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Get their computer specs. Low end computers just can't run MV. If their specs are below the minimum for the game engine itself (see the steam page for those specs if you need them), then it will also have trouble running an MV game.

RHachicho likes this.
  3. Arisa

Arisa probably dead Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah, I have to agree with @bgillisp. MV is pretty demanding, it would kill their and the games would too. :kaoswt2:

RHachicho likes this.
  4. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hehe .. true enough. I guess when you think RPGMaker games you tend to also think "Runs on a Potato" .. I'll talk to him and make sure he's not trying to run my game on a machine from the 80's .. So far I've tried a memory leak patch plugin and updating rpgmaker's opengl exclusions (Or something like that) Two areas known to cause problems. Funnily enough they both DID improve the performance of the game a little. SO it's not a total loss but neither seemed to have much impact on him XD

Arisa likes this.
  5. Grunwave

Grunwave Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    RH,

Is the "memory leak patch plugin" the update from 1.3.2 or something else?