RPGMaker Mv's Big problem ..

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by RHachicho, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    He's using the Steam version so all I can think is that his files were corrupted and Steam did a validation and updated them. There has been no "mini patch".

2. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well steam told me Rpgmaker MV was updating. It did then the problem was solved There's been a windows update but that was AFTER mv updated on steam and suddenly I went a whole week without a crash .. I'm not trying to be insulting here .. So please don't insult me with the notion that I am unable to tell that 2+2 = 4. There were no windows updates. And no I'm not apologizing for demanding my right to proper tech support for a product I paid good money for. And seeing as how this problem was clearly absolutely nothing to do with the computers performance or stability from the getgo I'm honestly not sure what your point is Leon.

Also not sure about steam auto validating .. It doesn't do that for a single piece of other software I have installed. And you'd be wrong if you think I didn't reinstall rpgmaker MV many times.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And you still claim it was an MV issue, even though NOBODY else has had it? And NOBODY else recalls any kind of patch? An MV issue that JUST happened for you and nobody else, but it was a bug with MV and nothing about your system.

4. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ... Read the first post please Shaz .. then examine your reply. I personally know two other developers who had the exact same issue. Just because a few people replied to a forum topic saying that they didn't have a problem doesn't mean there wasn't one. Hell I just did a google search and I found two topics started by different people both reporting the exact same issue as me. They're from a while ago .. So you may not remember but you actually replied to one of these topics. You gave them the same speech you gave me. And then they just gave up. Probably feeling the same bitterness that I did. But I wouldn't mind betting they weren't so far along that they couldn't switch to something like Unity or Wolf ..

Incidentally one of those developers is someone I'm still in contact with. He doesn't use rpgmaker anymore because of this issue. He loaded up his old game and updated it and .. lo and behold .. no crashes. And he didn't even bother making sure his old plugins were compatible. I'm sorry but that's just too big of a coincidence for me to swallow.

There are plenty of ways an error like this could have occurred .. Random interactions between hardware or subtle mistakes or oversights in the plethora of different pc hardware could have created this issue. It's not something I have the skill to personally hunt down. But I know enough about how pc's work to know just how common issues like this are. Especially with unusual software like rpgmaker. So frankly your casual dismissal of the possibility strikes me as bullheaded.

However I made it clear on multiple occasions that I had updated and reinstalled drivers re installed the software moved drives moves computers tried different operating systems. Replaced any software that may have conflicted. Hoping to just get lucky and solve the problem.

I realize that this forum often gets bombarded with tech support requests from people who don't know how to use the software. And I know enough about how business and the world works these days to know that unless I kicked up a huge stink .. A problem that only effects a small amount of your users wasn't going top receive any attention.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018