[RPGMaker VX Ace]Problem with linking skills

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by BlackRoseMii, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackRoseMii

BlackRoseMii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I have a problem with the following:
    I want to link two skills (one that damages all enemies and one that heals all allies). I've found two scripts that (technically) do that, Himes linked skills and Yanflys follow up skills. I'm also using Theolized sideview battle system, which should also have the possibility of doing that.
    But here are the problems:

-neither Himes nor Yanflys skills work. At all. It's like the script doesn't realize these skills should happen after another.
    -Theos battle system works fine. Graphically speaking. But even though it has a "change skill" and "change target" option, it simply doesn't heal. The animations for it work though.

So now I just have to find out how to link these two skills (I have more skills like that, but I hope once I find the solution to this one, the others will be easier). Or at least how to have one skill do two things: Damage the enemy and heal the allies. I know that I don't need all of these scripts together. I was just trying out which script would work.

These are the scripts I'm using:
    https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/follow-up-skills/
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...sideview-battle-system-now-with-editor.29231/
    http://himeworks.com/2014/03/skill-links/

And here are the skills plus notetags:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I know that Himes and Yanflys scripts use different notetags, but I've tried both (not at the same time of course!) and neither of them worked.)
    [​IMG]

It would be really great if someone of you guys could help me with this ^^° They are pretty important for my game.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Maybe go about this a different way?
    I have a skill which buffs all allies via a state and damages all enemies. If someone could give you the syntax for healing instead of a state, then you wouldn't need a script at all.

Scope - All enemies; damage type - HP damage
    The damage formula is:
    $game_party.battle_members.each { |act| act.add_state(61) }; 100

I don't have time to sit down and work out what to have instead of the add_state(61) as I need to get some sleep, but maybe something along the lines of hp+=n

Anyway, this might spark off an idea for someone to run with.

3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So here is the problem. You forgot to put [:target_damage] after change skill and target. I should have named it as [:item_apply] or something, but rather than worrying about names and eventually breaks everyone's action sequence, I'd keep it that way.

I believe you don't need those two scripts to make it work.

4. BlackRoseMii

BlackRoseMii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you so much Oo It finally worked^^
    I guess that means the thread can be closed. ^^

5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.