JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using the PVGames Medieval sheets. I'm finding it a bit difficult to figure out which poses in the VX sheets for sideview battlers match to which poses in the MV battlesheets. I'm told the VX sheets are in a "holder format," and then MV has its own.

Is there a plugin that is compatible with Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies plugin which will allow the use of VX spritesheets in MV without modifying them? Or, is there a template for VX sheets that shows which row is what animation so I can kind of figure out what needs to go where on the MV sheets?

EDIT: XV -> VX

Last edited:

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No - you need to pay someone to change it. I could do it for $25-50.

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No - you need to pay someone to change it. I could do it for $25-50.

I did one myself and it was pretty tedious. How many sheets for this price?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Helladen This was posted in the free requests forum, not in Classifieds. So please don't advertise your paid services.
If @JRand wishes to make this a paid request, they'll need to post in the Classifieds forums.

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did a bit of digging around and YED_SideviewBattler.js seems to be able to do sheets in "holder format" (with a bit of configuration) and it is compatible with Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies. See this small thread.
Also see this site for Holder Sheet Information: Link
No I do not know anything about PVGames Medieval sheets, but if they are in "Holder format" then this should help :)

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did a bit of digging around and YED_SideviewBattler.js seems to be able to do sheets in "holder format" (with a bit of configuration) and it is compatible with Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies. See this small thread.
No I do not know anything about PVGames Medieval sheets, but if they are in "Holder format" then this should help :)

Awesome. I'll have to check this out!

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I downloaded it. Going to give it a try.

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Didn't work for me. It makes Holder ones work but breaks MV ones.

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @JRand I just tested it again and it seems to work with MV ones as well.
upload_2019-4-23_13-46-27.png
How did you use the plugin? You should only use the tag for sideview battlers that are NOT the MV ones
Code:
<Sideview Battler: Holders1>
etc.
And you should use the tag for default ones:
Code:
<Sideview Battler Default>
Also it should be placed AFTER Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies if you use that one.

EDIT: After playing around a bit I noticed the following two things:
  • For animated enemies you need to have the sheet in both sv_acctors and sv_enemies
  • There is a bug that makes the animation for enemies not "stay in place". This can be fixed by commenting out line 987 of the plugin (this.setFrame(cx * cw, cy * ch, cw, ch)). This seems to be a bug since RPG Maker MV version 1.5 (as it seems like Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies fixed this bug after that version)

Last edited:

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got the Holders sheets to work, but the default tag for MV does not work for my purposes. It displays the frontview MV battler that is in the box, and if I put the sideview battlers in the box, they are just plastered across the screen, not actually animated. I use SV battlers with multiple frames in MV format.

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds weird. I just tested it again and it does work as shown here:
upload_2019-4-24_4-56-21.png
I clearly have an enemy using Holders Format and an enemy using MV format as well as for actors.
I did however encounter your problem when writing
Code:
<Sideview Battler : Holders1> instead of <Sideview Battler: Holders1> (space after Battler)
So that might be your problem?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackitrick