Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok,

Another issue I have with events is, they seem to be working at random. I'll explain.

I have a simple door event. And one of two things will occur (completely random, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't)

The door will open, the character will step through and the player will transfer.

or

The door will open, the character won't move and then just instantly transfer player.

What dictates this? It seems completely random. The same door will do either when i load up the game.

It just seems inconsistent.

Any ideas?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Events are not random and run based on what conditions you set. Please post a picture of the event that is not working as you feel it should (all pages of the event too, and the entire screen, as all of that is important).

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Combined with your previous complaint about the game crashing on you, I'm going to attribute this to actual lag. Because an event should always have the same result unless you're deliberately trying to randomize something.

Moving this to MV support.

Edit: never mind, ninja'd!

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I reduce game lag?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Less parallel processes, or better designed ones for starters. And that is why I wanted to see the screenshot of one of the events.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you set up the door event yourself, or did you use the Transfer Quick Event (right-click on the tile, choose Quick Event, choose Transfer)? If you used a quick event, did you make any changes other than adding the location and maybe changing the sprite?

Lag is one possibility, but there are others.

Please show screenshots of the event. Alt+PrintScreen will capture all the required information without including your desktop background (that makes it too small to read easily).

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used the quick event and made some amendments. Have a look.

upload_2019-2-11_8-41-16.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a few things you need to know that will affect how this event will work

1) while the event image can be of any size, the trigger area of the event will always remain the same map position.
Your combination of priority and trigger means that the player has to be standing next to the trigger area, facing it and then pressing the action button to work.
However your image is larger than the trigger area, and it will always be centered bottom.
That means it will work if you trigger it from below - to trigger it from any other side the player would have to move to a position that is partially inside the door (from top in all cases, from side it might work as intended depending on the true pixel size of that door).

2) you can delete the exit event processing, in your case it does nothing.
Exit event processing moves the event processing to the last command on the event page. but it is already the last command...
you only use that command if you want to skip commands listed below it.

That said, this event should always work - if not it is either a conflicting move route or a lag problem.

3)
any character (event or player) can have only a single move route assigned. Giving another move route command will erase the previous command
So the behaviour you describe is most likely cause by a combination of lag and by having a different event do another move route on the player, overwriting this one (and the lag would be what times which move route is applied)

So please check all other events for a set move route command targeted on the player - it does not need to do anything, it could be a move route to change speed or whatever. as soon as it is targeted on the player before that set move route with the step forward is executed, that step command is erased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movingsolutionsmovers