Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So,

I am making a game, lot's of events, lots of maps, lots of plugins. Very complex.
Everything is going fine, I playtest every map tons of times. I made a new map, set it all up. And now the game keeps randomly shutting down in the map. It's never at the same point. There is no error message.
I have tried deleting events, remaking them, readjusting them, using different sounds and commands. No matter what, it always shuts down at some point.

I'm not really sure whats the next step? Because there's no error, I don't even know where to start...

Please help!

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean with "shut down"? The Game Window Completly closes itself? The whole rpgmaker editor closes itself?
Realy totaly random?
Can you try to reproduce the situations where it closes? Maybe it just happens after an amount of time on certain maps?
Definitely make a backup copy before engaging in bugfixing changes.

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bex

The game window shutsdown. The rpg maker stays open.

Basically, it first started when i made a map which had a player touch event, when the player touched the event, the game shut down.

I've now gotten to the point where I've delete every event, and the game still shuts down after around 5-10 seconds.

It's literally random, that's my problem

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Specs of your PC?
The game can be shutting down for various reasons. One of them can be RAM overload and Windows killing the game in the process of freeing up some RAM. I recommend watching the game in task manager to see the CPU/RAM use

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ram 8gb
GPU 1060

I played it, CPU usage went to 70% before crashing. 70% is about right though isn't it?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CPU is not an issue. Even at 100% usage the game still works, just slowly. So maybe there's an extreme incompatibility between some of your plugins. Or a critical error in the nwjs app that's the result of who knows what. Or the RAM usage.

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There may be an update on MV that i haven't got, downloading it now. That might solve the issue. I'll report back.

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, same issue :|. This is really annoying.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin list might help. Although if there's a lot of them, it will definitely be painful to look through :D

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugins show wrong ordering of Yanfly plugins to say the very least. Yanfly has the correct order on her website. Other than that I don't see anything suspicious.
If it doesn't get fixed, I wonder, does the problem stay in a completely fresh project?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I doubt that it's the yanfly order - there are not enough of yanfly's plugins here and an incompatibility there would result in an error message, not in a shutdown.

There are only two things I can think of that would cause such a behaviour:
1) one of your background programs falsely believing the game to be a virus, killing the process.
2) you have a rather old core version in your project, because older versions had memory leaks.

please open your project's rpg_core.js file with a text editor and tell us the version number in its title line (no version number means 1.0)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updating MV will not make any changes to your project, as your project uses whatever 'core' files were available when you created it (they are copied from where MV is installed into your new project, and that is the version of your project, even if you upgrade or downgrade your MV program). When you get an MV update, you need to manually update your projects by copying certain files over, if that's what you want to do. The MV Update threads have step by step instructions on what to do.

However, I doubt that's the issue, unless you have a really old version of core files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HRcristine