RPGMAKERMV Game keeps shutting down

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by BANJOPC, Feb 11, 2019.

1. BANJOPC

BANJOPC Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So,

I am making a game, lot's of events, lots of maps, lots of plugins. Very complex.
    Everything is going fine, I playtest every map tons of times. I made a new map, set it all up. And now the game keeps randomly shutting down in the map. It's never at the same point. There is no error message.
    I have tried deleting events, remaking them, readjusting them, using different sounds and commands. No matter what, it always shuts down at some point.

I'm not really sure whats the next step? Because there's no error, I don't even know where to start...

Please help!

2. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What do you mean with "shut down"? The Game Window Completly closes itself? The whole rpgmaker editor closes itself?
    Realy totaly random?
    Can you try to reproduce the situations where it closes? Maybe it just happens after an amount of time on certain maps?
    Definitely make a backup copy before engaging in bugfixing changes.

3. BANJOPC

BANJOPC Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bex

The game window shutsdown. The rpg maker stays open.

Basically, it first started when i made a map which had a player touch event, when the player touched the event, the game shut down.

I've now gotten to the point where I've delete every event, and the game still shuts down after around 5-10 seconds.

It's literally random, that's my problem

4. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Specs of your PC?
    The game can be shutting down for various reasons. One of them can be RAM overload and Windows killing the game in the process of freeing up some RAM. I recommend watching the game in task manager to see the CPU/RAM use

5. BANJOPC

BANJOPC Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ram 8gb
    GPU 1060

I played it, CPU usage went to 70% before crashing. 70% is about right though isn't it?

6. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    CPU is not an issue. Even at 100% usage the game still works, just slowly. So maybe there's an extreme incompatibility between some of your plugins. Or a critical error in the nwjs app that's the result of who knows what. Or the RAM usage.

7. BANJOPC

BANJOPC Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There may be an update on MV that i haven't got, downloading it now. That might solve the issue. I'll report back.

8. BANJOPC

BANJOPC Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nope, same issue :|. This is really annoying.

9. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin list might help. Although if there's a lot of them, it will definitely be painful to look through :D

10. BANJOPC

BANJOPC Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    upload_2019-2-10_22-27-39.png

Thanks for your help on this.

Attached Files:

11. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugins show wrong ordering of Yanfly plugins to say the very least. Yanfly has the correct order on her website. Other than that I don't see anything suspicious.
    If it doesn't get fixed, I wonder, does the problem stay in a completely fresh project?

12. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I doubt that it's the yanfly order - there are not enough of yanfly's plugins here and an incompatibility there would result in an error message, not in a shutdown.

There are only two things I can think of that would cause such a behaviour:
    1) one of your background programs falsely believing the game to be a virus, killing the process.
    2) you have a rather old core version in your project, because older versions had memory leaks.

please open your project's rpg_core.js file with a text editor and tell us the version number in its title line (no version number means 1.0)

13. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updating MV will not make any changes to your project, as your project uses whatever 'core' files were available when you created it (they are copied from where MV is installed into your new project, and that is the version of your project, even if you upgrade or downgrade your MV program). When you get an MV update, you need to manually update your projects by copying certain files over, if that's what you want to do. The MV Update threads have step by step instructions on what to do.

However, I doubt that's the issue, unless you have a really old version of core files.