Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(Click to be taken to the Twitch Channel)​
 ​
 ​
Welcome to RPGMakerTV, a Community Project created with a vision: to showcase games made by members of our Community, teach both novice and veteran users alike how to effectively create games using the beloved RPGMaker engine, and to create simply programmed yet high quality games with your concepts and feedback in mind!
 ​
Every day we'll play through both well-known and blooming projects from Project Development and Completed Games; we'll also give lessons on the Maker and create simple games from start to finish using 100% of your concepts!
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Sunday, October 25th
 ​
4-6pm CST: MorteTorment Plays Alter A.I.L.A Genesis
 ​
Monday, October 26th
 ​
4-6pm CST: MorteTorment Plays Alter A.I.L.A Genesis
 ​
Tuesday, October 27th
 ​
 ​
Wednesday, October 21st
 ​
 ​
Thursday, October 22nd
 ​
 ​
Friday, October 23rd
 ​
 ​
Saturday, October 24th
 ​
4-6pm CST: MorteTorment Plays Alter A.I.L.A Genesis
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
To submit your game for play on stream, post here with a link to your game thread or  Private Message the RPGMakerTV user profile titled in this manner: Game Submission: [Game Title]. Include your game file and estimated play time. We will typically play games for two hours per session; subsequent sessions may occur until game completion.
 ​
Feel free to mention any issues or areas of concern in your message; we'll be on the lookout as we play!
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
To reserve stream time for yourself, make a request in this thread for the date, time, and the amount of time you wish to reserve (up to 2 hours); please adjust to reflect Central Standard Time. You will receive a Stream Key via Private Message and may use it to connect to our channel at your allotted time. If you are unable to stream as scheduled, notify as soon as you can so time can be filled accordingly.
 ​
You may register for more than one 2 hour time slot assuming that it is not already filled; so if you booked 2pm-4pm, after 4pm, you may book the 5pm slot and so forth.
 ​
You may play any RPGMaker-made game you like! Please include the game title and, if possible, the thread for the game in your reservation post; if you'd like to have viewers voice-act, let us know so you may be Messaged with the Skype account information.
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
To find our Community's Next Top Voice Actor, we welcome you to join us on stream to voice the characters of the games we play! You needn't be an Oscar-worthy performer; all you need is a Skype account and a quality microphone!
 ​
To join us on stream, simply be in the Twitch chat when we request for voice actors. We'll choose volunteers for each respective role and fill in as needed from those that remain; you can then add us to Skype to be featured on stream!
 ​
Please note that at the current time, there will be a drop in game volume during speaking in the call; we're working on this issue but attempts have so far failed to solve the problem. 
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
We are on the hunt for RPGMaker instructors for all areas! You'll help us create games live from start-to-finish in RPGMaker and show creative ways to use the program as you do!
 ​
To apply, send a Private Message to the RPGMakerTV user profile titled in this manner: Team or Teacher Application [Position(s)]; some positions, such as Spriter and Tileset artist may overlap, and you may apply for and teach more than one area.
 ​
It is ideal that you be able to teach live, but in the event it is not possible, you may record your lessons for later posting. All lessons will be stored on the Twitch archive for convenient view.
 ​
If you have any concerns or questions, do let us know in your application!
 ​
You will be compensated on a lesson-by-lesson basis via Paypal for a yet-to-be-determined standard commission.
 ​
Databaser –
You are familiar with all the features that go into RPGMaker VX Ace's engine (excluding scripting) and are familiar with how to create balanced items, weapons, enemies, and character growth curves; you also understand learning and difficulty curves, and how to make these appropriate for your players when creating games.

​
Graphic Artist – 
You are skilled with creating character and enemy designs, parallax backgrounds, title screens and the like. You will instruct on how to create these things in a timely manner using software such as Photoshop and GIMP. You are also capable of making facesets for characters displaying a variety of emotions.
 ​
Spriter – 
You are able to make detailed and quality sprites in the standard and/or larger (Mack) sizes. You can create lively sprite sheets and designs that breathe life into characters, enemies, and objects. You are also capable of going into detail of how to create sprites simply and effectively; a plus if you can make components for Ace's Character Generator as well.
 ​
Mapper – 
You are proficient with creating map tiles and/or fashioning vivid, appropriate environments using tiles; from grass and trees to caves and houses, you are skilled in making areas lively and beautiful; a plus if you can create Mack tiles also.
 ​
Eventer – 
You are an expert with all matters of eventing; from switches, variables and Conditional Branches to weather effects and complex choice systems, you are capable of handling game flow via smooth, conservative and effective use of events.
 ​
Scripter – 
You are a wizard with the Ruby coding language and can program near-anything into a game using it. From custom menus and features to battle systems, you can do it all; you must be able to teach Ruby in a comprehensive and hands-on way using the RPGMaker Script System.
 ​
Musician – 
You can craft mellifluous melodies and teach others how to create digital music through understanding of notes, measures and the like.
 ​
Animator – 
You are capable of making crisp animations using RPGMaker's stock animation sets, as well as explaining how this is done.
 ​
Writer – 
You are versed with what it takes to create believable characters and realms for games; your storylines are captivating and authentic, and your dialogue immersing and well-made. Above all, you understand that a world does not wait for wonderful characters to pop up and instead that it creates them.
 ​
Voice Actor – 
You bring verve and life to the characters you speak for and do well following a script; you're flexible but focused on great delivery; however, you also have that outgoing and comedic side which creates humor and personality on the fly.
 ​
Stream Moderator – 
You are comfortable in and qualified to handle a position of authority. While a follower of rules, you are also merciful to infractions and are patient with dispensing punishment. You will ensure the stream proceeds smoothly, answer questions as you are able, and direct to appropriate forum threads when needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ohhhhh finally you release it xD was wonder when I will receive the first subject of study lol 

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, there were a few unexpected hiccups; no longer! We're ready to move forward toward Launch!

tearsofthenight

Evil Sorcerer/Mystic Key Stealer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i can be a voice actor!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
whoo hoo ! 

Nio sensei is ready anyways xD *prepare is pencil*

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
my skype is xyxbanjoxyx
Noted!

However, in the future, these should be given in PM; else you get the randoms and bots adding your skype looking for webcam fun. >.>

I hate those stupid bots.

tearsofthenight

Evil Sorcerer/Mystic Key Stealer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Noted!

However, in the future, these should be given in PM; else you get the randoms and bots adding your skype looking for webcam fun. >.>

I hate those stupid bots.
good idea xD

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could fill in a variety of roles for things you may need.

I'm a professional voice actor and audiobook narrator, with a bachelor's degree in Drama. I've done some voice work for the RPG Maker games Labyrinthine Dreams (currently on Steam) and a host of characters for the RM game Sydney's World (expected to be released on Steam within the next couple months). I've also produced 7 books for Audible (Amazon's audiobook platform), including one that's currently rated 4.4/5 stars with 175 ratings, as well as some volunteer projects for Librivox and I'm currently working on the audio version of a short story for Three-Lobe Burning Eye magazine.

I also have a game project I'm currently working on called Northwall that's been generally well-received so far (project thread can be found here). You can see a demo of one of the more complex boss fights here, as well as some teaser previews I released along the way here and here. I've received a lot of positive feedback in-particular on the combat mechanics and writing, especially in relation to one of the characters (Tilana).

I've also been relatively active on the Let's Play forums here. I'm very comfortable being on camera, on mic, and interacting with viewers. I often stream late at night, but I've been looking to make a switch to afternoons and to start a more regular schedule for it. You can see one of my more active-viewer streams here.

Occasionally I create in-depth tutorials for designers around the forums here, too. You can see an example of one of the more complex ones at this thread. I also sometimes create videos to show examples of what I'd created to make sure they were what the designer was looking for:

An endless path that takes you back to the beginning as soon as you turn around.

How to create enemies with complex responses to different elements.

Creating a stalker or "weeping angel" type NPC.

A puzzle using bridge pieces and rocks to cross various rivers.

I've also got experience with leadership and training roles in both online gaming circles and in my previous places of employment, though I've never moderated a Twitch stream.

In short, I could very definitely provide voice acting, and I feel confident that I could provide helpful tutorials for databasing, eventing, and writing, as well to be a positive presence on-stream.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Zevia,

We would be delighted to have you! You are most experienced, professional and helpful; a welcome addition to our group!

You will be contacted by PM!

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the way, you mentioned Kickstarter - have you thought about something like *******, instead?

The way I understand it, Kickstarter is mostly a "fund it once" kind of thing. ******* is usually done in either monthly installments or "per product" installments (so, for a Youtuber, "per video," or something like that). You could better be able to have a pool to perhaps fund the tutorial commissions or whatever work you're planning to pay for if you had a regular income focused on just RPGMakerTV. People who enjoy watching could then just do something like, "I'll give $1 a month" or whatever they feel like.

You still do rewards for backers, but it's more of an ongoing process instead of a big lump sum.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
By the way, you mentioned Kickstarter - have you thought about something like *******, instead?

The way I understand it, Kickstarter is mostly a "fund it once" kind of thing. ******* is usually done in either monthly installments or "per product" installments (so, for a Youtuber, "per video," or something like that). You could better be able to have a pool to perhaps fund the tutorial commissions or whatever work you're planning to pay for if you had a regular income focused on just RPGMakerTV. People who enjoy watching could then just do something like, "I'll give $1 a month" or whatever they feel like.

You still do rewards for backers, but it's more of an ongoing process instead of a big lump sum.
Options are currently being weighed; ******* and Kickstarter are the two big choices but Kickstarter felt more geared to the scope as a whole due to making such things as stream-created games for rewards, etc.Not just to help compensate the stream, but to fund development of games as well. Although, regular income from Patraon is far more appealing than the wait for a goal to be met.

This brings to question: what backer rewards do you think there should be, from small to large?

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sort of depends what people who're watching (or backing) would be most interested in having. I'm assuming everyone wants things related to game development, but maybe there would be a demand for something else. It also depends on what people end up getting involved.

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i can be a voice actor!
The following is a shoutout to ALL hopeful voice-actors:

Keep in mind that you'll have to commit to buying a decent mic which could run you AT LEAST $50 US (or an equivalent). Laptop mics and headsets are unacceptable in the world of voice acting (I don't care who disagrees, it's true. Whether you're a pro or hobbiest you need to be prepared) and will not give you quality content.

Also, being able to do impressions is not the same as voice acting... it's simply putting on impressions. You have to become that character, bring him/her to life and effectively be able to do things IN character that would be very OUT of character. (For example, there was a recording of Porky Pig reading Shakespere... or trying)

Having a nice voice isn't enough, you have to learn how to use it! :D

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats on getting the thread up! It looks pretty snazzy. Look at you!

I think Zevia's comments about ******* actually would suit this type of project perfectly since it's continuous. I'd definitely consider that.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sort of depends what people who're watching (or backing) would be most interested in having. I'm assuming everyone wants things related to game development, but maybe there would be a demand for something else. It also depends on what people end up getting involved.
A ******* will be made for this during the weekend and will be linked here when finished. Thank you for your help in this!

Also, sorry for the lack of PM yet; it'll get to you by tomorrow night at the latest.

The following is a shoutout to ALL hopeful voice-actors:

Keep in mind that you'll have to commit to buying a decent mic which could run you AT LEAST $50 US (or an equivalent). Laptop mics and headsets are unacceptable in the world of voice acting (I don't care who disagrees, it's true. Whether you're a pro or hobbiest you need to be prepared) and will not give you quality content.

Also, being able to do impressions is not the same as voice acting... it's simply putting on impressions. You have to become that character, bring him/her to life and effectively be able to do things IN character that would be very OUT of character. (For example, there was a recording of Porky Pig reading Shakespere... or trying)

Having a nice voice isn't enough, you have to learn how to use it! :D
Although the goal is utmost quality, so long as one can be understood when speaking without too much interference, as is likely the standard for the average stream viewer, they should sound fine while streaming with us.

Those applying for the position, however, should be crystal clear; I should amend that in the post.

Congrats on getting the thread up! It looks pretty snazzy. Look at you!

I think Zevia's comments about ******* actually would suit this type of project perfectly since it's continuous. I'd definitely consider that.
Thanks!

I look a little slow, don't I? >.> 

I have the feeling I should condense most of the stuff written above; what do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broiderers