RPGMakerTV - Play. Learn. Create.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the way this channel actually focuses on teaching people, which is nice :D

Hm, if I were to actually consider on being an instructor, I can talk about being a writer :p I do write novels and probably could share a thing or two.

Voice acting is possible too because I too make livestreams and have done plenty of 'so called' voice acting.

Just saying, but all in all, like the way there's a channel where it works like a tuition except for game making!

Oh, I noticed something in your post about the call with low volume problem. In my opinion, if the in game volume drops, it'd be better (Of course, not to the point where you can't hear it) because only then you can hear the call, not just the game. Just saying :p

Just noticed this post because, well, reasons :p Good luck!
Hello there!

I am elated with your impressions of this little project of ours; things are going slowly but surely forward, and it's all thanks to you guys. Thanks so much!

We make teaching a central focus because, well, many give RPGMaker a try and are astounded by the simplicity and things they can create with a few events and graphics; then the work, the real hard work of game-making strikes home and many times it's because of a lack of basic knowledge (and a lack of reading the game's manual. XD). So, we want to make lessons of these things available in video format for easier view. We actually plan to convert many of the written tutorials into video form as compliments to the lovely work such members as Andar have given us.

It's tragic when that spark of creativity and game-making dies because of frustration and our aim is to keep that fire burning for aspiring designers!

Voice-acting is just for fun, really. We'd be glad to have you around for it! The voice-lower, however, is a built-in feature of skype on the caller's end. It drops surrounding audio so the caller can be clearly heard, but the audience doesn't get this change on stream. It's just a little annoyance that came with Skype "upgrades" wherein they eliminated the feature of turning off the sound attenuation we're grieving over.

If you'd like to teach writing, that'd be good too! Just let us know of when you're available.

Also, to those reading, we're on the hunt for streamers of games to play on the channel. Currently we have three, but more means more streaming, more games played, more feedback, and more fun!

Woo! I kind of babbled a bit!

Thanks to anyone who read all this!

Hahn Deathspark

Deathspark
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there!

I am elated with your impressions of this little project of ours; things are going slowly but surely forward, and it's all thanks to you guys. Thanks so much!

We make teaching a central focus because, well, many give RPGMaker a try and are astounded by the simplicity and things they can create with a few events and graphics; then the work, the real hard work of game-making strikes home and many times it's because of a lack of basic knowledge (and a lack of reading the game's manual. XD). So, we want to make lessons of these things available in video format for easier view. We actually plan to convert many of the written tutorials into video form as compliments to the lovely work such members as Andar have given us.

It's tragic when that spark of creativity and game-making dies because of frustration and our aim is to keep that fire burning for aspiring designers!

Voice-acting is just for fun, really. We'd be glad to have you around for it! The voice-lower, however, is a built-in feature of skype on the caller's end. It drops surrounding audio so the caller can be clearly heard, but the audience doesn't get this change on stream. It's just a little annoyance that came with Skype "upgrades" wherein they eliminated the feature of turning off the sound attenuation we're grieving over.

If you'd like to teach writing, that'd be good too! Just let us know of when you're available.

Also, to those reading, we're on the hunt for streamers of games to play on the channel. Currently we have three, but more means more streaming, more games played, more feedback, and more fun!

Woo! I kind of babbled a bit!

Thanks to anyone who read all this!
1. I understand what you mean by developers who just give up halfway. I'm one of them due to lack of resources, not skill. I hope this channel can play it's part :)

2. Voice acting is indeed fun, and it makes the most serious things look stupid too!

3. I'll teach writing soon, I'm having finals at the moment, so I guess I can do that later along with my plans on how I will teach.

4. I am streaming already on my own channel, so to stream on 2 channels? Haha, I'll pass on this then.

5. And I read everything thoroughly XD

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Waiting on a response from someone first, to confirm availability :p
Sure thing!

Spooky IGMC Top 10 Finisher Free Spirits now live!

Come hang out and lend your voice if you like!

Edit: Noted, Hahn!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to let people know that even if you aren't looking to lead a stream or voice act, you're still welcome to come and do guest commentary about the game being played. I'm sure game creators would be interested in hearing multiple points of view about their game.

In case you wanted to see an example of what having multiple people involved in game commentary looks like, here is a section of Demon Hunter where we had 4 of us around to do voice acting. When it was just me on a later day, MorteTorment offered to come in and do some guest commentary, so the two of us simply chatted about the game while I was streaming it.

As mentioned by Chiakscare in the original post, you don't have to be a professional actor to come and goof around while we showcase community games if you'd be interested in helping us read through dialogue, and you don't have to be a stream-regular if you want to just come chat on stream and share your thoughts about what we're playing.

Been a great following and lots of support so far, hope to see more of you around in the near future.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Available on Thursday or Friday evenings.

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those of you who may have missed various streams, our Youtube archive has just been updated with a number of playlists, listed below for your viewing pleasure:

Let's Play

Chiakster: Crystal Fate by Chester

Chiakster: Finding Chibi by Chibi

Chiakster: The Perfectionist by JAD94

Chiakster: The Beanstalk (IGMC 2015) by Vox Novus

Chiakster: Free Spirits (IGMC 2015 Top 10) by Pentagonbuddy and emmych

Chiakster: What Silver Shows by KanaX

Chiakster: Heartache 101 by flowerthief

Zevia: Dreadshadow's Event Tutorial by Dreadshadow

Zevia: Demon Hunter by Fernyfer775

Tutorials

Titanhex: Ruby Scripting Basics (Parts 1 and 14-17 are missing due to technical issues exporting from Twitch to Youtube)

Titanhex: Pixel Art and Programs (Parts 1 and 4 are missing due to technical issues exporting from Twitch to Youtube)

HotFireLegend: Basics of Mapping

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Ah I was wondering where those were posted!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!
My valentine cutscene is now available on itch.io and you can get the "source code" as well, feel free to check it out!

The game page on itch can be found at:
A self-aware gamer, playing my game on video, and being honest about his feelings: :kaojoy:

It gets funny, there's heart, and his laptop is on fire as he plays. :kaoswt2:
Just finished making a 50x190 map.

It's not the overworld, just a simple trip from a forest all the way up a mountain.
Now time to map out a metropolis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feedtalefour