RPGMtuber looking for some short games to stream!

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoy! I'm Larkison, a variety twitch streamer. More relevant to you however- I, myself, am made ENTIRELY out of RPG Maker MV.

for example

After a month long haitus, I'm coming back to streaming. I'm streaming every day this week, and most days every other week until January 9th. (after that I will keep streaming, just not quite as frequently)

Over the course of the week I'm streaming-

- Viewer levels from Level Head and Dreams,
- Dragon Quest Builders 2,
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX,
(with a light nuzelocke twist where viewers get to be my teammates and decide how their pokemon act and grow, but can fall victim to semi-permideath)
- Me drawing nonsense,
- Terraria.

(You can check my schedule on my twitch page, here- My Twitch Channel)

Shameless plug aside, I am here for more than promoting myself:

Next week I want to dig into my DNA a little more and play some RPGMaker games. I've played a lot of more well known, full releases such as To the Moon, Lisa, Yume Nikki, etc. But what I'm looking for are shorter and lesser known experiences and go through a bunch of them in a single live stream. If I get many a game and find it fun to do, then I may make it a weekly/monthly stream.

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to recommend some short but sweet and interesting rpgmaker games to me?

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoy @Larkison_Dedraw. All my games are 'short and sweet'.

I haven't played many RPG Maker games, to recommend much but my own. A few I know, are:

And all of Kemsyn's games:

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game is a fairly short (a few hours), dungeon crawl heavy adventure. It's focused more on gameplay than story. I always love hearing feedback!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How short are you thinking?
The project I'm almost done with (alpha release) takes maybe 2 hours while my One Map Game Challenge entry is only 5 minutes (give or take a little).

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I mean, if you want *really* short, you can play my OMC entry, which is basically play until you die. I'm working on another one that varies in length depending on your luck in the game.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My full game is not too short (couple hours per chapter, at least) but if you like, you can stream the demo.

My game is a card-game with a RPG like storyline. You explore maps, interact with NPC's and collect items like any other RPG, but instead of battle, you play a card game.

The story is silly, dramatic, romantic and horrific at the same time. (Or at least that is what I try it to be, haha)

No download required. You can play the demo directly in the browser:

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm tempted. But most of the games I've made are closer to VNs than true RPGs. Still, nothing I've made so far is longer than about a half-hour. I could also recommend some games I've liked in the past, perhaps?

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoy! May I shamelessly plug my own games here? My latest RPG Maker game, Colourless, is a short (about ~40 mins) comedy RPG with no exploration; just combat with a bit of dialogue. Most of my other RM games are also similarly short.

Other than my own games, I can recommend Red Trees by Caramel, a short adventure game (about 30-40 mins).

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoy @Larkison_Dedraw. All my games are 'short and sweet'.

I haven't played many RPG Maker games, to recommend much but my own. A few I know, are:

And all of Kemsyn's games:

Rad! I will try them out! Thanks for sending them through. (I like that one of them is about events in a discord server. I've sometimes thought about making my own game out of the lunacy and whim that goes on in my own!)

Also, I will check through Kemsyns games as well, much appreciated!

My game is a fairly short (a few hours), dungeon crawl heavy adventure. It's focused more on gameplay than story. I always love hearing feedback!

Gameplay focused is good! Gameplay gives me more of a chance to explore and muckabout! I will try this one out!

How short are you thinking?
The project I'm almost done with (alpha release) takes maybe 2 hours while my One Map Game Challenge entry is only 5 minutes (give or take a little).

Looking at the response that I'm getting, shorter is easier to fit into the schedule. That said- I'd rather have more to play and not be able to play all of them in the first stream, than to run out 2 hours in and sit around twiddling my pixelated thumbs. In this case, I would play some of it- maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour, and either continue it on the next stream, or finish it not-live. In any case though, you will get my feedback!

I mean, if you want *really* short, you can play my OMC entry, which is basically play until you die. I'm working on another one that varies in length depending on your luck in the game.
If it's 'play until you die' then it will be *really short* knowing my skill level. XD (Also my luck kind of sucks too, so I think your second entry will be quite short for me too!) But if it's too short I'll just keep trying!
My full game is not too short (couple hours per chapter, at least) but if you like, you can stream the demo.

My game is a card-game with a RPG like storyline. You explore maps, interact with NPC's and collect items like any other RPG, but instead of battle, you play a card game.

The story is silly, dramatic, romantic and horrific at the same time. (Or at least that is what I try it to be, haha)

No download required. You can play the demo directly in the browser:

It sounds like a fun time! I'll try the demo on stream and see how it goes. Might play the full game off stream though.

I'm tempted. But most of the games I've made are closer to VNs than true RPGs. Still, nothing I've made so far is longer than about a half-hour. I could also recommend some games I've liked in the past, perhaps?
I like visual novels, but I'm not great at streaming them.
My voice imitations are-
- Larkison
- Larkison with a slightly higher voice
- Larkision with a slightly deeper voice
- Larkison but kind of... american?
- Larkison but he can't remember which voice he was using so it's a new voice now.

You can post them here for me to check out any way! I'll take a look, maybe just play them off stream, worst case scenario. But also feel free to recommend some games you've liked in the past!

Hoy! May I shamelessly plug my own games here? My latest RPG Maker game, Colourless, is a short (about ~40 mins) comedy RPG with no exploration; just combat with a bit of dialogue. Most of my other RM games are also similarly short.

Other than my own games, I can recommend Red Trees by Caramel, a short adventure game (about 30-40 mins).

Of course you may! I expected that most recommendations I would get would be from the creators themselves. (Otherwise I would have gone to steam or itch's community instead) I look forward to trying Colourless out!

Also, Red Trees looks cool. That's a good artstyle it has going, so I will definitely take a look at it as well!

Thank you to everyone for your submissions so far!

I'm sorry for the late response, the thread was fairly dead when I first put it up, and then I realised to my horror that there was all ready a thread where people could post games that they wanted letsplayers to play. I thought maybe that I was supposed to go there, but it looks like the date of which games were posted there varied a greatly!

I decided to check back on this thread later on and discovered that I actually have quite a lot of activity! It probably had more to do with my weird time zone. I really appreciate the support and level of friendliness here!

Anywho, I will play through as many as I can on stream. I'll also put up next week's schedule here as to when I'll be streaming the games, (I'll try to be specific as to which games I'm streaming too) so if you do want to watch you can. But if you are busy, not interested or just aren't into watching livestreams- no worries! I will leave feedback on the game's download page, or message it to you.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool - it looks like you're getting some bites. Good luck on your stream! I thought of doing Let's Plays (even made an overlay for OBS) but haven't worked up the courage yet.

Anyways, here's my game link if you decide to use it. It has a lot of inside humor though since I made it for a friend.

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool - it looks like you're getting some bites. Good luck on your stream! I thought of doing Let's Plays (even made an overlay for OBS) but haven't worked up the courage yet.

Anyways, here's my game link if you decide to use it. It has a lot of inside humor though since I made it for a friend.

Much appreciated! I will try it out!

That's cool to hear, you should give it a try asap! It's one of those things where I don't think you can deal with and combat the scary aspect to it until you've actually faced the fear and seen how you've done!

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am sorry to double post, but I will be streaming these games tomorrow on December 28th! (I was hoping to have it later in the week, but I had to push it forwards, sorry for the short notice!)
You can check the schedule on my twitch channel if you want to watch live, but otherwise I will post the video here afterwards, and try to specify which game I played at what timestamp for everyone to look back through!

Thank you again everyone for sending your creations to me, I'm real excited to try them out!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's cool to hear, you should give it a try asap! It's one of those things where I don't think you can deal with and combat the scary aspect to it until you've actually faced the fear and seen how you've done!

I have the day off so I might just give it a whirl, except I'll start with just recording instead of a live stream. :)

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the day off so I might just give it a whirl, except I'll start with just recording instead of a live stream. :)

That's how I started too. My first initial letsplays I didn't even put online, it was only when I landed on a game that I especially enjoyed and felt comfortable enough in my commentry that I started to upload, and then eventually transitioned to streaming!

Word of advice here- Don't expect to get criticism right off the bat when you do put them online. Getting vocal attention can be tough starting out, but don't be disheartened by the silence. Something I've learned over my years of creating on the internet is that there's always more people seeing than you think, and those who are content are less likely to find reason to comment.

Starting out you may mostly have to look to yourself for criticism. Yourself will most likely not live up to your expectations- that is normal, don't give up, you improve with every attempt a little bit at a time. Even when it's hard to see.

When I feel disheartened, I look at the first let's play I did, and then the last live stream I've recorded, but I've been doing this for so long now that the contrast shows how far I've come. Even after that though, there'll always be something to learn from an improve on. Keeps things interesting, really!

You may not need this advice, considering you are on an RPG Maker forum with an RPG Maker game, you probably have enough experience with putting your work out there... but I hope this helps nonetheless!

I have two game jam games you can play, but... I suggest Harold and the Gameover. While The Stars Here Below has a nice story - it's not very fun to play. I will warn you - Harold and the Gameover has some quirks I regret putting in the game - like the footstep sounds. I'll link to them.

Harold and the Gameover: https://gayming-the-system.itch.io/harold-and-the-gameover

The Stars Here Below: https://gayming-the-system.itch.io/the-stars-here-below

Thanks muchlike! I'll give Harold and the Gameover a shot! (May checkout the other in my own time, though)

TO EVERYBODY-

The games have been downloaded (or bookmarked in some cases) and are ready for me to stream, I've tried to get one from each person that put a link up here. They are

False Rebirth
The Tower
Colourless
Red Trees
Justigame
Bite Me! (Demo)
Harold and the Game Over

(This is not necessarily the order I'll be playing in. If any of the game's creators are watching live, then I will endeavour to play their game first. Otherwise I will try to play them in order of how long I think they will take to beat, from shortest to longest)

That's 7 games, and I've been streaming for 3 hours at a time, which means that I should be putting around 25 minutes into each game. If a game is up before 25 minutes (and I find no need to replay it), then the left over time will be put into some of the other longer games.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you start your stream yet? Don't forget to share a link. I'd love see the reviews too.

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you start your stream yet? Don't forget to share a link. I'd love see the reviews too.

Not yet! It'll be starting in 3 hours time (from me sending this message) But I will post a link here too when 10 minutes before the stream starts!

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not yet! It'll be starting in 3 hours time (from me sending this message) But I will post a link here too when 10 minutes before the stream starts!
I will send you a download key for the full game in a DM. The demo is getting quite large for a browser game, which might cause lag, specially if you are streaming at the same time.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's how I started too. My first initial letsplays I didn't even put online...[truncated]...eventually transitioned to streaming!

Word of advice here...

That's what happened yesterday, just recorded and kept to myself...but practice is a good start. Thanks for the pointers too. I'm heading into work soon but good luck on your stream!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So a big bug that was on a glue trap at home is now magically not on the glue trap. This feeling of terror I'm experiencing could be a fun thing to put in my game project (not the IGMC one).
Hoping that Unite has a character generator with black hairs/lips and other features.. it is such a pain making characters without these...
Today is my dad's birthday! And he's still going strong in his retirement days!
Ooh a plugin for exactly what I was looking for... DEAD LINK. DEAD LINKS EVERYWHERE.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
Current battle gameplay for Shadows of the Earth: The Vrila'an Legend
and yes... still thinking and testing various color schemes for the menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alerin