RPGMtuber looking for some short games to stream!

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for playing my game! Yes, I was watching, but I have no idea what my Twitch password is anymore so I couldn't participate in chat.

It was a shame you only had time to play for a few minutes, but I appreciated your comments during that time! It seems like you liked the game systems at the very least. If you ever want to go back to my Tower game, I'd be happy to watch more, but I get it if you want to stick with first impressions instead.

Thanks again!

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Stream is complete!

I really enjoyed doing this! The variety made it quite exciting and it was cool to see how many fun ideas were going on!

In truth, I feel that I could not give these games the time they deserved. Each one only had around 25 minutes. (And I did also need to respond to my chat, which probably slowed me down somewhat) So, you may take my impressions, but take them with the understanding that I may lack context for things having not experienced these games in their entirety. Next time I do this, I'll probably go for fewer games at once, or longer streams.

The video in full is here

The games were played at the following timestamps-

00:26 - Bite Me! (Story Mode)
00:45 - Colourless
01:17 - Red Trees
02:02 - Harold and the Game Over
02:29 - Justigame
02:43 - False Rebirth: Enhanced Edition
03:06 - The Tower

If you would like typed impressions, let me know and I'll DM you. But it is super late where I am now, so that will be tomorrow!

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for playing my game! Yes, I was watching, but I have no idea what my Twitch password is anymore so I couldn't participate in chat.

It was a shame you only had time to play for a few minutes, but I appreciated your comments during that time! It seems like you liked the game systems at the very least. If you ever want to go back to my Tower game, I'd be happy to watch more, but I get it if you want to stick with first impressions instead.

Thanks again!
Not a problem, thanks for sending the game to me and watching! Even if you had to lurk, it's good to know that you were around!

I really liked your game! I might rather stick to first impressions for the streams, but I may play more of it in my own time. (I think that would probably help more for the sake of me learning the systems too, streaming can kind of split my attention in that way). I can keep you posted on further feedback if you like!

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for playing and for the feedback!

EDIT: If you're still interested in playing, I've since updated the game to include an in-game guide, as well as tips for dealing with the current level on the game over screen. It's a rather minor update, so save files from the previous version still work.

Last edited:

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wish I could have watched the stream but ironically I was working on a game. Glad you enjoyed Harold and the GameOver. I wish it could have been playtested more, but real life made that difficult.

By the way, I love yer little rep in the corner - so cute.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for giving my project a whirl and you were fun to listen to! Sorry you couldn't get far though. I'm super bummed about that yet am thankful you caught that bug (fixed now but not uploaded yet, calling it a night).

Hit me up if you want a downloadable copy (not expecting another stream). I just have the browser version public for now since it's just an alpha version. Thanks again and have a wonderful night (or whatever time of day you see this)! :)

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Stream is complete!

I really enjoyed doing this! The variety made it quite exciting and it was cool to see how many fun ideas were going on!

In truth, I feel that I could not give these games the time they deserved. Each one only had around 25 minutes. (And I did also need to respond to my chat, which probably slowed me down somewhat) So, you may take my impressions, but take them with the understanding that I may lack context for things having not experienced these games in their entirety. Next time I do this, I'll probably go for fewer games at once, or longer streams.

The video in full is here

The games were played at the following timestamps-

00:26 - Bite Me! (Story Mode)
00:45 - Colourless
01:17 - Red Trees
02:02 - Harold and the Game Over
02:29 - Justigame
02:43 - False Rebirth: Enhanced Edition
03:06 - The Tower

If you would like typed impressions, let me know and I'll DM you. But it is super late where I am now, so that will be tomorrow!

Hey hey! Thanks for reviewing my card game in the stream. Too bad it crashed, but on the upside: It helped me fix that bug and the problem is now solved forever!

Both the demo and the full game are updated without the bug, so maybe you'd give the game another chance in your next stream? ;) *Puts on puppy eyes*

I think, for story telling games, it is a good idea to pick 1 game for 1 stream though. So you can play a full story in 1 stream. Now you have a bunch of first impressions, which is cool too, but you can't really judge a story on the intro alone. :)

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks!

So I've been silent online for a lot of this month, because I'm back at my job after christmas holidays and I had QUITE a heavy backlog of work. But I will be going back to streaming in a bit. (Though probably only once or twice a week)

I've been thinking about it, and I do want to branch out into non-live content such as game reviews and impressions, (*maybe* letsplays, but I'm not sure) though I haven't quite worked out how I'll format them yet- but rehearsed presenting is a skill that I want to get myself practised in and I think this would be fun!

Since I didn't really get too far into many of the games on stream, I thought maybe I could playthrough and provide feedback in the forms of reviews/demo impressions instead?

If I don't get a response, I'll get in touch with each of you once I've further consolidated my plans. But if anybody is interested, let me know!

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Too see my game on your channel would be an honor, if you consider it worth of it, of course. :smile:

Oh heck yes I'm in! I know RPG maker well by now, but a game that teaches people how to use it would be super useful to first timers and I wanna check that out! (And spread the word about it if I can)

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks!

So I've been silent online for a lot of this month, because I'm back at my job after christmas holidays and I had QUITE a heavy backlog of work. But I will be going back to streaming in a bit. (Though probably only once or twice a week)

I've been thinking about it, and I do want to branch out into non-live content such as game reviews and impressions, (*maybe* letsplays, but I'm not sure) though I haven't quite worked out how I'll format them yet- but rehearsed presenting is a skill that I want to get myself practised in and I think this would be fun!

Since I didn't really get too far into many of the games on stream, I thought maybe I could playthrough and provide feedback in the forms of reviews/demo impressions instead?

If I don't get a response, I'll get in touch with each of you once I've further consolidated my plans. But if anybody is interested, let me know!
Sure. I am not 100% sure I understand what you offer different than the last time, but knowing the last review was a big ship wreck* and my game crashes hard, I wouldn't mind a do-over. :p

I noticed the last time you did a quick preview of each game. My game might not be a good fit for that, since each battle takes a while to play. And the very first battles are not the most interesting ones. :p But if I understand your message, than youfeel the same about most games you played in the stream.

I'm happy to hear about what those plans are. And I look forward to see more of your streams.

(*Edit: I didn't mean to say your stream was a ship wreck... My game was, because it crashed. Your stream was all good!)

Last edited:

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks!

I'd be down to see reviews of the games sent in!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks!

Hey there and welcome back! Best of luck on your new goals; I'll keep my eyes out to see your stuff. :)

Larkison_Dedraw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure. I am not 100% sure I understand what you offer different than the last time, but knowing the last review was a big ship wreck* and my game crashes hard, I wouldn't mind a do-over. :p

I noticed the last time you did a quick preview of each game. My game might not be a good fit for that, since each battle takes a while to play. And the very first battles are not the most interesting ones. :p But if I understand your message, than youfeel the same about most games you played in the stream.

I'm happy to hear about what those plans are. And I look forward to see more of your streams.

(*Edit: I didn't mean to say your stream was a ship wreck... My game was, because it crashed. Your stream was all good!)

Basically, I still provide the same kind of feedback that I did for your game previously. But for your entire game/demo. (Or atleast as much of it as I can get myself to playthrough) It's just that this time it will be in the form of a short youtube video review like something out of IGN (but without the score at the end because I don't believe in those) or Zero Punctuation (but not nearly as cynical or mean).

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My entire game? That is a bit much. The 3rd chapter is coming up and each chapter is about 2 hours of gameplay minimal. :p I wouldn't blame you if you wouldn't be able to put the whole game in 1 video.

You mean, a video which is cut, so just show the parts you comment on? Yeah, that is possible too. :) I would love to see what you will make of it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So a big bug that was on a glue trap at home is now magically not on the glue trap. This feeling of terror I'm experiencing could be a fun thing to put in my game project (not the IGMC one).
Hoping that Unite has a character generator with black hairs/lips and other features.. it is such a pain making characters without these...
Today is my dad's birthday! And he's still going strong in his retirement days!
Ooh a plugin for exactly what I was looking for... DEAD LINK. DEAD LINKS EVERYWHERE.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
Current battle gameplay for Shadows of the Earth: The Vrila'an Legend
and yes... still thinking and testing various color schemes for the menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sk4dy