Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I have some problems with the RPG MV editor on my laptop. Sometimes it crashes while saving the project and a few times even changing the page of a particularly "big" event.

On some occasions the program crashes completely (with relative auto-close & consequent data corruption), more often it just "not responding" for a while during saving (but then it works again perfectly).
Now; I don't know how these things actually work, but I thought this may be due to the laptop's low RAM (4 Gb).

- Could this be the problem?
- When the program is "not responding" during saves (but then works again), can it cause problems with the project data?

Additional infos:
- On my pc (desktop) this happened randomly just 1 time (on a really big event that already gave me problems on laptop), so I think I can say that on a more powerful machine this problem seems to not exist. It doesn't even have the "not responding" issue.
- It seems (on laptop) that if a wait for a while (doing nothing) before I save the project, things are going better, saving with less problems (not always however).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you have cloudsaves for the place where the project data is stored?
The way all RPG-Makers handle their files conflicts with the basic functions of cloudsaving, and if an automatic cloudsave happens at the same time as the editor is open it can cause a lot of problems, up to destroying your project.
And Microsoft tries to get everyone to save all documents into Onedrive, you might have agreed to that without knowing that you enabled cloudsaving.

Mark91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you have cloudsaves for the place where the project data is stored?
The way all RPG-Makers handle their files conflicts with the basic functions of cloudsaving, and if an automatic cloudsave happens at the same time as the editor is open it can cause a lot of problems, up to destroying your project.
And Microsoft tries to get everyone to save all documents into Onedrive, you might have agreed to that without knowing that you enabled cloudsaving.
Nope, I also always work without internet connection; I don't have a wifi where I work with the laptop nor a ethernet cable lol
I guess my portable pc is just too weak.

Just a thing then....
I always keep backup copies so when a major crash happen I always replace the whole project, butttt..... What about that "not responding" thing?
Should I be worried about that if after a bit it works again or not?
It happens too often to replace the project every time

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it completely depends on why it is not responding.

As of now I can think of only two different reasons: too many background programs to continue on time, or a problem with your harddrive.
Download a program like checkdrive and check the S.M.A.R.T.-status of your harddrive. Anything 80% or higher is OK, if it is far below 80% you'll need to replace the drive physically before it completely fails.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm hoping to get a call October 1. They should be fully open by then.

With this, all demo dungeon graphics are done.
Eventually I need to make animations...send help.
OcRam demo project is now available at https://ocram-codes.net !!!
mzBaseBody.png added!

Ami
--- Mushroom ---

F.Knight: We runs out the food!
Hero: Anything could eat in this place?
F.Archer: It's a bunch of Mushroom over there. I wonder it's safe to eat.
F.Knight: No worries,we have to fill our inside no matter what it is.
(Hero & F.Knight Eat The Mushroom,After 10 Seconds They Collapse With Foam)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REEEEEOOOOOOOOO