[RPGMV] Expression faces of Cover Art Characters?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Killuki Zaoldyeck, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Killuki Zaoldyeck

Killuki Zaoldyeck Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've seen in several videos where the Cover Art Characters (Aldo, Nina, etc) had face expressions, but I don't have the expression faces of any of them on the preorder pack.

Was there some kind of update that I missed or something? How can I get them?

2. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Those were specially made. You'll have to make a commission if you want different emotes.

3. Killuki Zaoldyeck

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Commision? Pay someone for make them?

Great... and what to do if share them is not allowed due being exclusive material? We should just have them right on the package...

PS: Sorry if I sound rude.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
  4. Uzuki

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry, but that's how the cookie crumbles. If there were different emotes then the pack would be more then what it is now. We already have character sprites, busts, faces, music themes AND side view characters for all 16 characters for ten bucks. That's a steal for that price. I sure spending 20 dollars to commission some face emotes isn't that hard.

5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You can actually do a request, it doesn't have to be commissioned.  It's just that both you and the artist have to own the pack and it cannot be posted anywhere.

6. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Then wouldn't that mean multiple requests are made for the same thing then?

7. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes.  We'd love to have something set up so that people can share their edits, but it's tricky.  You basically have to prove that everyone involved has the pack, and with the packs being sold in more than one place that isn't an easy matter.

8. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The best ways I can think of are:

- Add them to the product itself as an update and post when said updates are made

- Add them to the Steam dlc (same idea as above but it will auto update)

- Have a redemption page where you put your order key, and it will check VS a database and give you access to the additional emotions as a separate download. Each key can only be used once.

9. Killuki Zaoldyeck

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry for the slow reply.

I thought that the pack was updated because I've seen on Hime's videos the faces changing sometimes, and the last video I seen with a lots of expressions is this one from vibrato08:

You will see that the expressions are very very well done.

Are you totally totally sure that the pack hasn't been updated? Maybe is a update happened in japan or something.

I'm with this, at least about the update of material as long it doesn't mean that we have to pay for get the updated product....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  10. Uzuki

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Really?! Huh, now I look like a jerk. Sorry, OP.

11. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The ones in my videos are edits I've made myself for the purposes of having appropriate expressions for each dialogue.

I think if there was a forum section specific for MV pre-order users (hint hint) that would make things easier.

12. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I suggested something like that a while back, apparently it's a logistical nightmare to implement.  I got the impression that Degica isn't looking for suggestions on how to do something like that, possibly because they have plans of their own.

13. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To be honest, the professional looking expressions in that video you posted are well within vibrato's ability to create.  He's a very talented artist and is known for his high quality sprite work and other such things.  As for there being any expressions, unless you got an update, then no.  They weren't updated.  I haven't seen my Steam version get updated (even though I use the standalone), so unless that's something they are doing in Japan (which means we might have to wait), there haven't been any updates to the Cover Art Characters pack and people are making their own expressions or commissioning others to do it for them.  Usually either close friends or people they have worked with in the past.

14. Killuki Zaoldyeck

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I guess that I should ask directly to vibrato, he's following me on Twitter because I had to do some questions about his sideview characters of cover art so I requested him to follow me for do the questions privately. Maybe you will think "why you didn't it already?", well... haven't thought about it.

Now I guess that shouldn't try contact with vibrato because on Japan is 8am right now. I will wait until 10am (Spain) to ask him about this, I will tell if that was an update made by Enterbrain or was done by himself or whatever.

15. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Official Answer:

If you or an artist/friend who owns the pack has created the emotions and want to share them, send me a private message and we'll get them distributed to the pack owners. It might not be immediate, but we can make it happen. :)

EternalShadow likes this.
  16. Killuki Zaoldyeck

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Honestly I think that is a thing that Degica should have been done a while ago, is not only that make the things easier to the people who truly purchased the extra packages and the RM keys, this is also easing the work to Degica itself... 

Make such system can be a nightmare, but know who legally has purchased the things to avoid piracy is the hell without such systems. And some sections of the community should have more restrictions depending if the users has really a key or license of the contents/softwares, specially when for use most resources provided (if not all), even the free ones, is mandatory has a legal copy of the software.

I'm not a programmer, so my knowledge in the topic isn't brilliant, but I managed some SQL databases when I had my own *cough* pir*cough* RO *UGGG cough* server *ohgodIgotacold* when I was child, also read some things about how the online communities works and so on, also had my own forum built, was moderator of a spanish RO community, and a Game Master of a well-known p*cCOUGH!!!* server of Mir3 in Spain, and more stuff.... and while I talk with little knowledge of the technical things, my ideas aren't too unrealistic, just need some tweaks by the people who actually are going to develope what I suggest.

Buuuut.... what I was going to say is...

I guess that all the valid keys are stored in a database, right? (I shouldn't have asked that question, is obviously a "yes") Or as low, when a product is sold, a code is generated validating the purchase, and that code is sent to the customer, that's the proof that they really purchased and obtained legally a copy of the product. (I will see my email of the preorder purchase again later, I've used another email specially used for purchase things online).

What about implement a new fields on the profile page (which are not shown to public, with an exception of a icon or banner that simply indicates that they acquired the product legally with a "Verified" banner or something like that), where the user introduces the purchase codes/keys of the products AND the email used on the purchase, then the forum connects to the databases where are the keys/codes for verify if the code exists?

If exists, the forum would show a "Verified" image near the code, which is also shown to public on their profile page so they can know if they owns legally a product or not (the image, NOT the code, the code can only be seen by the staff and by the user itself!), so, an user that owns the license of a certain product can either make the edits or do a requests for editions or aditional assets. Also, the verified users could access to restricted categories specifically created for the people who purchased those products.

And what about the people that for example purchased the preorder pack and obtained just one key/code for all the products included on this package? Just make a new field called "Preorder code" for example, and that code will automatically enable all the "Verified" banners for the products in question.

How the forum verifies if the code is legit? Well, the forum would just read the information of the email AND the code inside the databases where that information is stored. And why email AND code? A key might be stolen, but the key AND the email of the owner is more harder unless the customer did the idio*cough*mistake of share the code AND the email with someone.

And what about the people that deleted the email containing the code/key? So... make another webpage where the user, which only works if the user is connected with the account, checks if that particular account has been used for purchase products, and provides the codes of the respective products.

Yes, I know that this might not be a simple task, but that's better than wait who knows, two years more, letting to pirates using the resources designed for legal users. They could crack the trials and so, but at least, the access to the resources would be more controlled. Also, seeing that this community provides blogs specially for Member+, why don't provide also a blog to the people who actually makes resources for the community? And the access of the blogs might be restricted only to those who actually owns a license of the RPG Makers in question, anyways, supposedly their work is destined only to those who owns a legal copy, right? Yeah, that wouldn't revert what has been done already, the resources shared already over Internet will not be magically protected, but at least the new resources will have a better chance to not be distributed like.... what to say.... bah, you get what I want to say.

PS: Lunarea, I will send you a PM once I have an answer ^^

17. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

The problem is that our products are available through several stores and third-party vendors. And while we may be able to set something up for our forum store, that still leaves the main store, Steam, Amazon, Humble Bundle and so on and so on. Aside from the sheer number of places, there's also a question of security and safety. Then there's the question of how well all of that will work with future forum upgrades - some of which are so massive that they break or invalidate a lot of our existing systems, codes and so forth.

We do agree that it would be awesome to have "verified" purchases somewhere, but it's just not something we can make happen right now. :)

18. Killuki Zaoldyeck

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Humm... these things should be talked with those third-party vendors, for Steam for example maybe there are some... how is called that... API's? Something like that, which can be used by the seller for provide support to their customers, something that sends the codes of the purchases made by the customers which can be checked by the seller, anything.

But this shouldn't kept aside or has a very slow progress for so long time, talk with those third-parties is the first step to try do something. Think for example on Square-Enix which sells Final Fantasy XIV copies to several kind of stores, at least the key of the activation are unique, provided by Square-Enix itself, if a third-party sells the code separately, surely those codes were provided by Square-Enix so these can be verified on their own systems, and some functions are linked I suppose also with some system of those third-parties. I guess that on this Degica is not too different, if not, then how can Degica validate for example the keys that I've obtained on Steam when I purchased RPG Maker 2000/2003/XP/Ace/etc on the Humble Store using the discounts? If for example you request me the key of my MV copy for verify that I own a legal copy, how can you, or the support team, validate my key?

And, that the forum could not be compatible with those things? Then "just" do an own forum system like Square-Enix did. Yes, it's a loooot more of work, I imagine that isn't an easy task, but I will say the same that I said to other communities being slow or that is always skipping those important things, start to do something now! Don't wait! Or try speed up the things as much as possible! As low, you can start getting the information, product sold by third-parties? Contact with them and they will try to support as much they can. Security and safety... well, is like talking chinese to me, better try talk in japanese? I'm trying learn japanese :) "俺の名はキルキ=ゾルディックです。よろしくお願いします。 m(_   _)m" lol. Jokes aside, I will say the same, don't keep these things aside forever, we are talking essentially about provide a better support and service to the user, and at the same time ease the work to the people who is working and collaborating with the company especially those that are providing support to the customers, and this should be a top priority for any company.

Gambare.

Oh and sorry if I sound like demanding too much, is my way to tell the things, I want to be the most clear and direct possible, even if sometimes I might sound rude or even unrespective, also several experiences made me talk like this.

Ah.... I'm derailing my own topic, apologies  ;_;

EDIT: Verificate.. /facepalm.... *un cate en los dientes*

19. CupcakeDreamer

CupcakeDreamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Could someone post just the edited part of the image they have made? Meaning If I were to make a new smile on one. I would post that smile. The people wanting it would have to combine it with the original to get the full image. All I would be posting is a new Layer that would then need to be combined on top of the original.

Would this be allowed?

20. nerdypants

nerdypants Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Singlish
    may i know who is this vibrato you guys are talking about? thanks