RPGXP Scrolling Text

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by Kayoz, May 27, 2019.

1. Kayoz

Kayoz Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'm brand new to the RPG Maker. I have not a single clue on how to modify scripts or other kinds of program changes. I'm trying to find out how to create a scrolling text in the game, or a way to flip through text information. Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks!!

2. callmedan

callmedan Friendly Stranger Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
  3. Kayoz

Kayoz Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Thanks You!! Without much success with adding the script section to my new project, I totally abandoned this one. I guess what I'm looking for is a way to scroll within the text box itself? Is there a script that could help with the option of reading and scrolling like a "page up" and "page down" option inside the character's text? OR perhaps a script that would allow me to drop a massive amount of text in an event ( say for instance, a clickable item like a book that my main character was reading)...? That is kinda what I'm aiming for..

4. DerVVulfman

DerVVulfman Resident Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Systems that allow you to add a larger quantity of text within a window tends to require that the user be of an intermediate level. Not advanced, but a bit above beginner in skill.

For scrolling tests usable within a credits system, Dubealex probably worked upon the first: Text Scroll Script - Release 3

For message systems that allow you to go beyond 4 lines of text (and optionally different fonts and message window widths), you can try
    AMS - Advanced Message System - Release 4 by Dubealex (c) 2005, Universal Message System by ccoa (c) 2006, or Multiple Message Windows by Wachunga (2006). I don't have a link for that one off-hand.

And for a book system, um... Lily's Librams? I have it here in the Scripts section.

Again... they require some scripting knowledge.

Kayoz likes this.
  5. Kayoz

Kayoz Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    This is wonderful! Thank you!