RRReally GGGood BBBlues, Greens, Reds... RGB References

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Did you know that you can stop clicking around in that graphical color interface in your image processor trying to find the color you want?

There are lists of colors by RGB value, and by Hex and access numbers.

So if I look here at Cloford.com

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

and pick, oh let's say, "palevioletred3" as a color I want to use in this post (I don't care about you going blind!) I can choose the Hex number (including the #) like this:

"palevioletred3""palevioletred3"
And there you have it. Pale violet red text, the third. Every girl's dream.

I can do the same thing in GIMP.

Click on the color box to open the Change Foreground Color dialog window.

You may add any of the three kinds of input - Hex or "Access" data goes in the HTML notation field, OR the RGB values go in the selection boxes after the three lowest color sliders (see the brackets on the left.) Once one kind of input is made, all of the other values match up.

Please note that in my screenie the website is in the background and the GIMP windows are in the foreground. Hope it isn't too confusing.

On to another color.

Look at the website (linked above) and check out the top of the chart.

On the first line you see Indian Red - the hex number is #B0171F and the RGB value is 176 23 31. You plug the RGB values into the right slots in the color selector and you are off and running with whatever lovely named color you wanted - in this case Indian Red.

Of course many colors are a matter of taste. I wanted a sepia-tone and googled "RGB sepia values" and found a variety of answers, but that's okay. It gave me a better starting off point than clicking until I thought I was close and then playing with sliders.

If you don't like this website there are others. Just Google RGB Color Values or RGB Color Values Chart or something, and check them out. But it is nice to know the info is out there.

/me shrugs

You artsy folks are laughing at me but I never knew how Penta got all those RGB color values for forum titles, so I just copied 'em. But now I can go schmooze 'em for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I found this site long time ago. It's pretty useful for coding such as making website or configure color setting in RGSS. Since you can't see the result color until you executed the code. But, it different matter if you want to draw something. I prefer hue and saturation change to pick the right color.

Thanks for sharing anyway ~

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG color values ?

I get the feeling thats meant to be RGB and you are just too used to typing RPG ? :p

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh ha, thanks. Idk if I got caught by spell check or brain check out. I fixed several typos. Lol

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally, I would prefer colors be in an RPG format :)

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
:p haha yeah the Whole World knew about this site.....

Now don't you feel bad for not telling Me????? Lol

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, it simply can be found by entering "Color hexacode" or such in google :p

Btw, I have better color scheme designer site (IMO). Try this http://paletton.com

Now, I've told you. I don't feel bad *runs~

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So I used the list here with 500+ colors:

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

as posted above,

but BigEd used the 139 color listed here:

http://www.flounder.com/csharp_color_table.htm

in his Pre-Defined Colors Script

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/5070-predefined-colors/

(which for some reason isn't in the Creator's Tools section on the script list!)

and I am thinking that you could easily add onto that script as follows:

## Colors chosen for my game's theme, but named so I can easily change them # if I should happen to change my mind## Darkorchid = 153,50,204 MyThemeColor1 = Color.new(153,50,204)# Banana = 227,207,87 MyThemeColor2 = Color.new(227,207,87)# SapGreen = 48,128,20 MyThemeColor3 = Color.new(48,128,20)Just another way to apply the concept, I guess.@TheoAllen, that site makes all my Art Phobia Genes jump up and scream "run and hiiiiide!"

I need simple and mechanical, usually. =]

Last edited by a moderator:

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have seen that site around before and it seems pretty handy. I personally use Color Hex when I am doing websites and such.

http://www.colorhexa.com/

It is really similar, but has a different layout. That's about it though.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It helps though, doesn't it? I know for myself, it is a huge help. Thanks for the extra site. =]

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much, because i've been using rtp colors, so this site is really good.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
since I use A lot sai I don't use often the ''value'' but when I begin to use photoshop I take more atention of the value

did this site take in consideration the ''saturation''  and  the ''Alpha'' ?  

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.
Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr