RMVX [RSE] Eremidia: An Empty Tome

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by richter_h, Nov 12, 2013.

1. richter_h

richter_h Eh? Sweetroll? Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    yay for the battle system!

Anyway, the demo has been updated. You can see most of the stuffs I've posted since April in the latest demo.
    You can get it here >> https://richter-h.itch.io/project-dungeon

Feedback welcome, and if you find bugs/glitches, I'm all ears.
    Cheers~

Lonewulf123 and Mimironi like this.
  2. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @richter_h You made all those portraits & pixel sprites? and coded your own battle system : =| (it look kinda like the one of TheoAllent? though)
    I am curious : =)

3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Can assure he made all the character assets himself. As for battle system, it's heavily modified popular Tankentai sideview battle system that was popular during VX era that later I used as my inspiration to code mine with some additional features. We shared stuff together like what I did on my code, and he also added it there, so it looks similar despite being different version of RGSS.

Isabella Ava likes this.
  4. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I did all the portraits and the sprites, let alone some placeholders which will be taken care of some time later.
    As for the battle system, I only did a bit of it; it was a cocktail of codes made by many people. I've put their names in the Credits screen if you're curious. Some stuffs were coded by myself, though.
    The system inspired some people, mostly Theo, and as he mentioned, it was one of his inspirations to build his own.

Isabella Ava likes this.
  5. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hmm : =) awesome, those sprites must took many hours to make, it requires not just talent but.. patient as well : =|
    anyhow i really like the Grid Battle System like that, it bring up classic tactic feeling and add more strategies to gameplay.
    : =) if it was for MV...

Lonewulf123 and richter_h like this.
  6. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  7. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Lonewulf123 likes this.
  8. Kwerty

Kwerty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I liked the trailer! How about putting another one on the main post with some Gameplay too?

The portrait designs look really great!

How many hours of gameplay do you have/intend to have in this project?

9. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Much appreciated! :D
    Anyway, I've planned to make another trailer that covers mostly on the gameplay. Will take a while to make, though, but it'll be there later.
    For the gameplay, the game was intended to have 3-4 hours of gameplay but some players beat it in almost 8 hours. It may vary on some players, tho.

Kwerty likes this.
  10. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Last month was a major, if not a big month for this project. A playable demo has been added into the page so people know what I've made so far. The demo itself is far from perfection, I admit, but at least it was well-received by majority of players despite the shortcomings. A definite success, I'd say.

After working on a bunch of patches, I decided to take a break from development. It's not that I'm lazy or running away from my job on this project; the Arc 2 is a beast that a proper preparation is highly required. In fact, I forgot to make this devlog last week due to the exhaustion from my routines as well as this project. Talk about Arc 2, some real prominent characters are about to make their appearance as the story unfolds and a major conflict is about to happen. Yes, the Mad Queen herself has joined into the fray!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game itself received a lot of improvements pre and post demo depolyment. I'm gonna throw down sample of the improvements I've added into the game (some might have not been added into the demo, by the way)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know this devlog is kinda short since I was focused more on deploying a demo. Also, since currently I'm not working on the project when I'm writing this devlog, this month's devlog will be kinda short as well.

That's all for now, I reckon. Cheers~

atoms, Mimironi, Jayje and 2 others like this.
  11. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So, it has been a while after the last update, huh...

[​IMG]

To be frank, the development of Eremidia: An Empty Tome was halted for a couple of months because of several reasons (I can't blame my daytime job for this, anyway, but the fact says otherwise). The Act 2 of the game has been shelved for months; in fact, I'm reconstructing the storyline and rewriting everything from the scratch due to inconsistencies between one element to another.

Besides, the Great Library is supposed to be the last place Scout and party will visit. In the game demo, Great Library is the first place they will visit, so... yeah.

In the other hand, the game itself received lots of reworks and improvements thanks to people who willing to give it a try since the demo was released back in August last year. Also, among all things that holds up together, the battle system is the one that grows stronger over time--not gonna lying, I've thrown a "technical demo" of the game in Crescent Sun discord server for testing and evaluation purposes, and that's one of reasons why the game is still developing despite its "hiding from the radar" status.

And by the way, here's one of the latest recordings from the "technical demo build". Some improvements are showcased in this video. Take a look.

Along with this brief devlog, I'd like to invite you to Crescent Sun discord server, where most of updates and things in developments are posted and discussed there.

https://discord.gg/u2EU9BT

That's all for now, I guess. Cheers~

P.S.: If you wonder where's the new demo, it's not available anywhere else than the Crescent Sun discord server. I'm still unsure if I'll make another page and/or thread dedicated for the "technical demo" version of the game or I'll just upload it here. For that reasons, the demo is currently available only in Crescent Sun discord server.

atoms and Jayje like this.
  12. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello again.

As I've mentioned in previous devlog, the newest "tech demo" of Eremidia: An Empty Tome is about to be released; and it is the time to announce that said "tech demo" is now available to download. The "tech demo" itself has some contents and experimental features that, when I took a second glance at the entirety of said demo, it would be better if the game is wrapped in a separate project. Hence, Eremidia: An Empty Tome - Chessmaster's Challenge is conceived.

[​IMG]

Chessmaster's Challenge is a game heavily emphasized in gameplay; it showcases most of An Empty Tome's combat mechanics and party management, things that are also the main focus in the main project. That being said, for those seeking compelling story and/or character development, I'm afraid Chessmaster's Challenge is not for you.

Link to the Chessmaster's Challenge itch page: https://richter-h.itch.io/chessmasters-challenge

That's all for now. Don't forget to give Chessmaster's Challenge a try, and I hope you like it.

Cheers~

Jayje and Lonewulf123 like this.
  13. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Eremidia: An Empty Tome - Chessmaster's Challenge RC3 is finally here.

In this version, the major change lies in the addition of character cut-ins when casting abilities in battle. Several minor updates including INT stat now actually affects spell damage, quick access to party members' skills and equipment in the main menu and some other subtle quality-of-life improvements around combat mechanics.

Note:
    • While old save files are still working on the updated game build, several things like skills learned by each character won't be updated once you boot up the game with your old save file. It is recommended to start over once you updated the game.
    • For those who have already downloaded RC2 build (v1.5.180419-RC2), download the necessary update package (Update v1.5.270419-RC3, it's available in the itch page) and extract it in the main game folder.
    • Check CHANGELOG for more details

Link to the Chessmaster's Challenge itch page: https://richter-h.itch.io/chessmasters-challenge

Cheers~

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Lonewulf123 and Jayje like this.
  14. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Patch 1.5.300419-RC3 is now available to download. This patch fixes minor visual things and a little adjustment on one of Witchiko's spells.
    This patch won't break old RC3 save files, by the way.

Please extract the patch, go on the extracted folder and move everything inside it to game's main page to apply the patch.

Link to the Chessmaster's Challenge itch page (where patches and updates are also available to download): https://richter-h.itch.io/chessmasters-challenge

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  15. hero_buddy

hero_buddy artist and pro cat petter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    whoa, this game looks hhhhhhhecka cool, definitely gonna be looking into it! i love the art style!!

richter_h likes this.