Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Militibus Elementis: Skies of Galaraya

ti3ci8b.png

Militibus Elementis: Skies of Galaraya is the J Style RPG sequel to Militibus Elementis. However you do not need to play the first game to understand it.

Features:
Sideview Battle System

Battle Difficulty

For future updates this will include:
Quests

Choices that affect rank

Thirty years ago Raven, and Keldanite saved the world from ruin. Afterward they decided to turn the Flora Empire into a Alliance with the Darwin Kingdom renaming the continent Flora to Galaraya after Keldanite's sister. They stayed in a Avanna and had a son named Renkujin. When their son turned twenty one he decided to join Lorn Academy to become a knight for Queen Mira of Darwin. He is put in a special high level class that only teaches the best.

Renkujin Arkadia

Bq9TaRU.png

Elemental: Chaos

Profile: Renkujin is the son of Raven, and Keldanite. He is strong willed, and determined. He joined Lorn Academy to become a knight for Queen Mira. More than anything he wants to use his magic for good. Kamiko, and Sky are child hood friends of his.

Kamiko Lander

II0Ub9P.png

Elemental: Earth

Profile: Kamiko is Renkujin's best friend. She joined the academy to become a Guardian of Earth for Queen Mira. Kamiko likes to meditate on her free time to make her Earth magic stronger.

Ares Blade

dQDQE8Q.png

Elemental: Fire

Profile: Ares is from the continent Kelliver. However he wants to be a knight for the Kingdom of Darwin. He also likes to paint on his free time as a hobby.

Satoru Tsuki

Jeh9dTm.png

Elemental: Water

Profile: Satoru is from the Eastern continent Nihon. He joined the academy so that he could prove to be better at using water magic than his brother. At times he can get easily irritated especially by Sky.

Avlyn Zarren

ULUZYwe.png

Elemental: Wind

Profile: Avlyn is from the Democratic of Zell. Her mother is the president of Zell. She joined the academy to learn to be a soldier for the Zell Army. She is upbeat, however this gets some peoples nerves.

Xion Darren

bCko7ZC.png

Elemental: Light

Profile: Xion is Avlyn's best friend. He joined the academy to become a healer for the Zell Army. However he gets very nervous at times, and doesn't like to get lost.

Teddy Sprinkles

7sMnUUn.png

Elemental: Spirit

Profile: Teddy is from the dog village Ambervile in Darwin. He joined the academy so he could he help his friends fight off anything that comes their way. However he is super annoying, and bothers just about everyone, but Sky the most.

Sky Vain

uku4Lke.png

Elemental: Shadow

Profile: Sky is Renkujin's best friend. No one knows why he joined the academy. However he seems different, and not the same person Renkujin, and Kamiko knew before. He often gets Satoru's nerves, and acts like a jerk.

Professor Dragon

0qG5pFg.png

Elemental: Unknown

Profile: Dragon is the professor of the class everyone is in. He I harsh, and hardly ever let's mistakes happen. Although his real name is not known, and no one knows anything about his past, he wants to train his students to be the best, and ready for anything.

Xzt43hq.png

3Un9oLj.png

pKuJb8s.png

Download:

Credits (Also in game):

Plugins:

VisuStella

Mog Hunter

Akea(Battler Postions)

Graphics:

Kadokawa

Half Kaiser

FSM

Music:

Kadokawa

Music for Hall of Emperors (pianotm)

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice! I like all the art for the characters

Meowsticks

Just a person
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I downloaded the demo and tried it out, though I will 100% admit I did not get far at all. I couldn't even beat the Treant boss in the first dungeon. Here are my thoughts/explanation so far:
So my first run through I ran past every single enemy getting all the emblems I could before I ran into the boss. It was my first fight in the entire game so I just attacked. The boss OHKO'd Satoru it's first turn so I was already down a member, and they kept getting KO'd with no way to revive party members.
On my next run I fought some enemies and got to Level 2 for everyone, only for the same thing to happen in the boss fight. I could probably beat it if I went back and actually fought all the enemies and got a higher level, but that's where my feedback comes in.

The game just throws you into it. You meet everyone in class, and Professor Dragon comes and tells you to collect the emblems from the dungeon. Then you're free. There was no tutorial for how to battle, and I get that not everyone likes tutorials, but there could have been an option. I had no idea what I was doing in battle or what any of the skills did other than deal elemental damage. Even without a tutorial, there was nothing that required me to fight an enemy, to get accustomed to the the battle system or what everything did. Not many people like being forced to do something, but I feel it's important in the beginning to require the player to have some investment in the gameplay.

As for the Treant, for the first boss, it just deals too much damage. One of my characters died in one hit and there was nothing I can do about it. Halfway through I figured it was going to be a Hopeless Battle but I ended up getting a Game Over. I should probably mention I played on Normal mode. I know there is an Easy mode, but in my view Normal is how the game is meant to be played, and how it should be balanced around.

As for other things: I like the character art. It's nice and everyone stands out and seem pretty different from each other. I didn't get to experience much of the story, but I enjoy class settings/cities in the sky, so I would definitely want to see more of that. The music was nice, the battles ran smoothly. Of the little I played, it was fun, and I wish I got to play more, but I was barking up the wrong tree.

...I'll still probably go back soon enough and try and get past it to see what lies beyond. :LZSlol:

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Meowsticks What difficulty did you pick? I would recommend selecting easy if you're having trouble beating the Treant. Overall I am really glad you like it and gave it a try. Thank you very much. :D

EDIT: I went a head, and fixed the Treant Boss. It should be easier to beat now.

Last edited:

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love your sprites and busts! Very cool. I was getting major Trails of Cold Steel 1 vibes from that introduction. Unfortunately I hit a bug (maybe?) that stopped me. In the first dungeon, I believe I'm supposed to go down the stairs, but the move event isn't triggering for me. I also tried hitting enter to see if it was an action key event, but nothing. I looked everywhere so I'm pretty sure this is where I was supposed to go.

demohelp1.png

Did you make the battlers yourself? They look nice. If you did, my only suggestion so far would be to make their idle motion different (either they stay static or change it).

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Reinarc I drew the busts myself. The sprites I used half kaiser templates and put together using sprites. I cannot sprite that well unless I do this even though I can draw. You're not suppose to go downstairs. You go upstairs. Also hint(There are two emblems hidden on the first floor.) I am glad you like the sprites and busts. Thank you!

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Reinarc I drew the busts myself. The sprites I used half kaiser templates and put together using sprites. I cannot sprite that well unless I do this even though I can draw. You're not suppose to go downstairs. You go upstairs. Also hint(There are two emblems hidden on the first floor.) I am glad you like the sprites and busts. Thank you!

Oh darn it, I missed it. I'll try again tomorrow. The busts are great!

knightron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I played your demo. I also really liked liked your graphics, especially your sprites. The one thing that struck out to me very soon into the battle active parts of the demo that may need improvement is that the fire style guy seems really over powered. One fire attack does about 250 damage while the next closest would be Renkujin's physical attack which is still about 100 damage less.
Game looks great. Look forward to seeing it again up the road once it's further developed.

Also are you Australian? Couldn't help but notice some similarity with some of your locations and locations in Australia.

Last edited:

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@knightron Hi! I am glad you enjoyed the demo! No I am not Austrailian I am actually American. The locations were completely coincidental.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wrote RPGMakerMZ JavaScript reference in Japanese.
But I think you'll be able to read it through the translator.

back in April of 2019, I watched my friend's art stream on twitch. that was when I got inspired to draw most of the assets for my game. it's been a LONG journey since, but totally worth it.
RPG MZ multiplayer in development
Square-Enix, why you didn't released the classic Dragon Quests on Steam yet? :kaocry:
This is by far my most favorite boss monster I've made, its name is Gosck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tronfol