Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
titlelogo_v0.1.png

Download:

Synopsis:
The project was made for the Release Something Event (RSE), and was made within a month. I went into this with the goal to create a game that utilizes RPG Maker MV's mobile deployment feature, something that I was very excited about when MV was released, yet I've never used it before. The game is designed with a portrait aspect ratio, since I've always found it more comfortable playing games on my phone in portrait instead of landscape. The game will is available for both PC and (soon to be) Android devices!

Gameplay:
Runescribe is a stage-based, dungeon crawler card game. You start off the game with a deck of fairly simple cards, but are able to gain new cards from enemy drops, crafting, and from the often changing selection from the shop. Build you deck to best counter the types of foes in the current stage, and develop synergies to best capitalize on the chain combo system to give you the edge in battle!
The current game is mostly a tech-demo, for what's to come. Many features are not yet implemented. There are currently 5 levels to try out. Good luck, and have fun!

How to Play:
The card game is fairly simple, each turn you draw a hand of 5 cards, keeping any cards you didn't use form last turn. Using your MP, you can chain together a combo of several cards each turn, keeping in mind how some card can interact with each other.
Powerful BREAK cards can be used to finish off a combo with a bang! BREAK cards must be played last in the chain, and each require a different number of cards to already be in the chain.

Screenshots:
2021-03-15T04-58-32-301Z.png
2021-03-15T05-00-48-407Z.png

Future Plans:
I plan on continuing progress on this project, even after the RSE event. In addition to the expected adding of more cards, stages, enemies, and so on, there are several features that I ended up running out of time for. Quests, deck editing, a story, achievements and challenges, and possibly even a Chao-like pet system are on the top of my list to add. Additionally, I do plan on eventually giving the option of choose between playing in portrait or landscape mode.

Credits:
Developer:
Vis_Mage

Graphics:
Project Pokemon RMN
A-Ravlik
Vectricity Designs
Ryan229

Audio:
Eric Matyas (www.soundimage.org)
Lucus King
Derek & Brandon Fiechter
Seii
Red & Green

Plugins:
Yanfly
Moghunter
Yami
Galv
Hudell
Hime
Hjshi
Fallen Angel Olivia
Tsukimi
Krmbn0576
Modern Algebra
Poryg
Shaz

Other:
Enterbrain

Thank you for taking the time to check out my project! If you decide to give it a try, let me know what you think of it. Any suggestions you have for further releases, or any bugs you encounter.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Picture Error on start, also not really helpfull if it's long vertical game resolution,
to scroll up and down, missing image xxxx_zCustling.png, cannot say if more.

Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Picture Error on start, also not really helpfull if it's long vertical game resolution,
to scroll up and down, missing image xxxx_zCustling.png, cannot say if more.
Huh, odd. I don't seem to be getting the error here, but I'll definitely get a new version uploaded. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Celebrating a milestone over at Twitter
Sneak peak of my upcoming update! Who's holding her, you may ask? Find out tonight!
10.PNG
BCj
Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
Added a small refining scene to my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yhiriend