RMMV [RSE] Silver Town: The Extradition

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Bonkers, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Placeholder Title art by RadioStarKiller Sai. Chibis by Maki Kuta.
    New Title screen is by @tv.ghost
    Please excuse the dust, this thread is under heavy construction.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was the day of Alma and Issac's wedding aniversary. When Alma
    returned home to Ulster the Queen had summoned her to relay a
    message, "Do not persue your husband."

Distraught, Alma asked where Issac was now. The Queen had no
    answer, only that a woman named Nidale had taken credit for the
    kidnapping. Her demand was clear, "Give me the secret of
    Immortality."

Alma asked the queen what was to be done, and who she had dispatched
    to retrieve Issac. She knew full well even a master Alchemist like
    Issac had no hope in making such a demand, nor could the royal
    family provide it. The Queen told Alma she had dispatched no one,
    and that Ulster does not negotiate with terrorists.

The Law of Ulster is clear, the Queen's word is final. She had
    asked Alma not to persue, and she must obey or be branded a traitor.
    Furious, Alma left the throne room and returned to an empty house.
    Alone with her thoughts, she decided to go against the Queen's word
    and launch her own investigation.

You play the part of Alma, in her quest to rescue her husband from
    the clutches of Nidale.

What kind of game is it?
    It's the dark souls of rpgs, and I say that never having ever played a dark souls game, seen a let's play, or watched even a friend play dark souls. Dark Souls.

What is the story?
    A horrible woman bent on revenge takes over a country for her own gain, and also tries to vanquish the villain while doing so.

Why is this set in the ARUM universe/cross over?
    The basic story elements are derived from the following games:
    Silver Town
    In Search of Immortality
    You do not need to have played either to enjoy the story, or even a synopsis of either. Doing so simply heightens your enjoyment.

Did ARUM's creator consent to this project?
    Consent is a strong word.

Did ARUM's creator agree to this abomination?
    "No. Nothing you do is right. I won't use your ideas. Stop everything. I did not ask you. This was a mistake."
    The previous statements were why I stopped production last year. It started with buying some portraits from an artist as a birthday gift for them. So I took it as an April fools joke and made a dummy banner commissioning another artist with the idea.
    Everyone loved the joke, and thought it was real. Amused, and satisfied I started work on other things. Two weeks later I received a message from them telling me it was okay to do, and that nothing here will be taken as cannon for the actual continuing RM series despite the fact it's an open source community driven world, where I am apparently not part of the community it is open too. Ok.
    Encouraged I set forth to make it into an alpha.
    I was determined to ask more questions resulting in, "I'm not telling you that. That's not for you. I refuse. I am not telling you anything. I am not using your ideas." Now that I had that useful material I set it to practical use in the dialogue.
    Elsa is now a total reflection of ARUM's cooperation and insight.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    300+ behavioral sprites
    [​IMG]
    Every character's personality is matched by the emotions, portraits, and behaviors.
    Pixel Animations (Completely replaced the RTP animations, a feat few RPGmaker games do)
    [​IMG]
    A cast of varied characters in terms of race, and gender. Including The first trans rpg maker character to share the spotlight since the original Silver Town.
    Puzzles, because ARUM loves puzzles that challenge the mind.
    [​IMG]

Creative edits, and elements.

A female villain who doesn't use sex appeal, and is competent as an antagonist. A male antagonist that isn't a mindless killer, or a mess of insecurities.

A crafting system that allows the player to experience a level of customization for each character's play style, and enhance the role of Alma to fill any spot in battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Alma[​IMG]
    Alma's husband has been kidnapped, and she has been found guilty of high treason for persuing him.
    Unable to work with other people, and a fugitive.
    She must learn to trust others , and not have to place blame solely on herself.
    Alma goes to the Avatar in order to enlist him to save Issac, her husband. When the Avatar rejects her she runs off in pursuit of a new plan.

Special Ability: Craft magical arms and armor. Alma is without her tool kit, and requires one before you can do this.
    Jill of All trades. Alma fulfills the requirements for most magical arms and armor, including relics, artifiacts, and legendary artifacts without being the gender, class, or race required by the item to function.

[​IMG]Shade[​IMG]
    Chibi by Maki Kuta
    Shade's powers have been disabled revealing her dark secret, and reducing her power significantly.
    She overcomes her own insecurity with her identity which in turn inspires Alma to do the same.
    Shade is disabled by a pair of anti-magic cuffs prepared by Alma. Unable to use the extent of her powers she must continue on until they weaken, or are damaged allowing more of her power to seep through. She assists Alma after her departure hoping the Avatar will rescue her, as she is now branded a fugitive by the Ursalians.

Special Ability: META-magic.
    Hieghten, Maximize, Extend, or even Quicken damage dealing spells to allows for more flexibility in battle.

[​IMG]Captain Booty[​IMG]
    A very disreputable old salt. He's been up and down the world's coast pillaging.
    Alma boards Booty's ship and is taken captive. He listens to her story, but is interrupted when monsters attack.

Special Ability:
    Jolly Roger Power Point System
    [​IMG]
    Instead of MP, or cost, or items Booty's role in battle pertains to damage and kills which are measured by the number of JRs he collects, with a maximum of five. Spending this special currency can allow the player to preform heavier damage skills, or a self heal.

How can you help?
    [​IMG]
    A special custom banner will be made for your signatures, and is being updated for the 29th birthday event.
    New Art, pixel art, and stories will be posted for your enjoyment.
    New Puzzle Elements, and edits that expand on the limitations of TF style
    Discuss what you'd like to see improved, and if you feel the project could be taken further than the demo.

[​IMG]

Credits:
    This project uses the Time Fantasy Pixel Style, Avery's Ship Tiles
    Music is provided by the accompanying 8-bit Pack, and Cyberleaf ChipTunes
    ARUM characters 'provided' by Indrah.
    Scripts: Yanfly, LadyBaskerville, Mundywoof
    Chibis by Maki Kuta
    New Title Art by TV.Screen currently in production

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  2. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Aaah that's what you were working on!!! :)

Bonkers likes this.
  3. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralphâ„¢ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What's this? Only one reply? Like all of this is not enough.

I chose enslave entire nations for obvious reasons.
    Looks great and with a lot of effort put into it too, can't wait to see what you'll come up with in this one.
    Shade looks awesome in TF style, hope to see Emmett too into it.

Also I gotta ask you, isn't his name "Isaac" instead of "Issac"?
    If that's the case, I hope you still have the .psd file for that banner (but even if you don't it should be easily fixable).

Good luck!

Susan, Bonkers and Marquise* like this.
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This looks very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Bonkers and Marquise* like this.
  5. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh that banner was just a joke from last year, I am trying to commission a new one. The original artist is currently in school so that's a bit of a tough situation to get a more intense banner done. I've begun to sketch a new one, and will have a new banner within a month or so. That was a bit of an April fool's joke.

[​IMG]
    Here is a shot of Emmet with a Shade for reference.

Jayje, Marquise* and Dalph like this.
  6. Alastor01

Alastor01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks amazing! Lots of effort :)
    I like the art style shown in the last post above picture.

Bonkers likes this.
  7. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The graphics are quite of a turn off, but overall it sounds interesting. Although i dont like that title very much. Why everything have to be in relating with final fantasy.

8. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry you feel that way. As I explained, the title was done the previous year as an April Fool's joke. A new title screen is being commissioned when the artist has a chance to work on it. It does not relate to the FF series in any way. As for the graphics, I am quite fond of the Time Fantasy style, though I realize that it may not be for everyone.

@phamtruong1992 I understood what you meant about the title screen.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  9. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yup, there was a game i saw from driftwood's playthrough which uses that tileset and i said the same thing although the game was very well done, lol. I am a graphics artist myself so not quite like games where its too pixelated. And i meant that title looks like one of those in ff series.

10. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A couple things as I begin again on the project now that the dust has settled:

Enjoy some of the fantastic work by @Caz who went above and beyond to accommodate the main characters of the project:

[​IMG][​IMG]

@Amysaurus has made contributions as well, which add to flesh out the npcs.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Clam, Lamia , Wolves, Bears, and special blocks will be making their way to you via final boss blues along with any other custom resources once the demo is released. I've spoken with the creator of time fantasy previously through email and he offered to host the work on his site as soon as I am ready to share it.

A new Banner has been constructed: [​IMG] for your support. It is most appreciated!

I see we have quite a few dedicated individuals who are interested in the well being of their significant others, as well as those who feel they are replaceable. The poll will close when the demo is posted by October 15th.

What will the demo have and why was it delayed?
    The crafting system will definitely be in, as well the associated items that make an artificer so powerful. Fully working battle sheets. I don't want to use placeholders for this, and it's important you see the characters as they were intended. A spectrum of animations, meta effects, and dialogue you cannot get elsewhere.

3 Full dungeons. Cavern, Ship, and Tower. There will be transitional dungeons like a forest, but those do not count.

The project was delayed because another of my projects took priority. It is currently NDA, and I must leave it at that.

I'll be commissioning a new title screen as soon as I can find an artist who is free to do so. Recommendations are welcome.

Jayje, Mirpono, Matseb2611 and 3 others like this.
  11. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Those busts are pretty awesome. And to think that two different artists did them and made the style look so similar is even more impressive. Dalph must be well chuffed to see himself as a Time Fantasy bust. :D

Marquise* and Bonkers like this.
  12. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    The best test in an animation shop is to have animators able to make them chameleon their styles into anyone's choices. :3
    (The one joke I was the most proud of was to a pin-up maker among us who filled the contour of his computer screen with tantalizing ladies drawings, one really neat addition in his very own style he kept with everyone wondering what in the name of... err was that? LOL -I think he tried to frame the culprit by studying everyone's reactions.-)

Matseb2611 likes this.
  13. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've currently made a lot of fixes as well as done two tutorials for the new systems. I've very happy to say I'll be trying my best to participate in the 29th birthday finish something weekend. Right now all the brunt of the work is polishing the existing content and giving the battle animations more life, as well as the behaviors. I'll be moving onto spreadsheets shortly and will have previews for you soon.

Expect a build to go up on the 16th of this month, and then we can go from there with what people would like changed/improved. That will give me a month to make any necessary changes as I continue to flesh out the game.

atoms and Marquise* like this.
  14. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm afraid with the necessary changes to the maps I won't be getting the build up just yet, but a massive amount of work has been done to the game that is improving the experience. The game is playable, but will not progress past the first dungeon and town.

[​IMG]
    Buildings are going well, and I've edited together a window box that the original tile sheets and even the patreon and addon expansion packs didn't have. It's also difficult to line up as most of the roofs are odd while the tiles are even slated, so it's been a bit of editing to get it all to agree.

Characters will take items from chests.
    [​IMG]

I'm currently writing the tutorials, which will be accessible from common events at their introduction or anytime.

Behaviors are getting more fluid
    [​IMG]

Characters will need lifting, jumping, and running behaviors that are next on the list. A number of scenes have been redone and also have had their maps redone to interact with puzzles.

VitaliaDi, Marquise* and Jayje like this.
  15. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Wait a sec... You did those buildings? Woah I thought they were bought assets. *gasps*

16. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    They are patron access assets and paid packs for final boss blues/Time Fantasy. I made the buildings with them. The edits I did were minimal, and include that little box window. Most of what I am doing is making the set more flexible. Since we are limited in RPGmaker with what we can do with a set I have to alter and adjust things to fit a certain situation or map.

Take this for example.

[​IMG]

While I haven't created anything new, it looks more fluid than if I had just used the tiles as is. I can't stand boxes for maps, and for something as natural as a cave or cavern it means a little more elbow grease.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Jayje and Marquise* like this.
  17. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    This is really nice. And good as most folks just stop with what they have.

Bonkers likes this.
  18. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Chibis by Maki Kuta were added. Cleaned up the main post. I've got so much to show you to today.

[​IMG] We are looking for play testers for the 24-26th of April!
    A great deal of organization has happened. I've inputted so much into the editor now in the way of facial expressions, dialogue, battle data (With more to go), and maps (more on the way as well) that things are looking like a full game rather than a demo now.

I have yet to incorporate a full list of craft able items, A battle SV sheet for Willard the cleric, and get the Gypsy camp put together.
    Making the covered wagon will prove difficult, but I enjoy challenges. I'll also be making a colored obstacle for dungeons to go along with same colored switches and special puzzle blocks that function like dice to randomize solutions.

I bought a white board at a discount store just to plan about the next 2-3 weeks of dev, and marked days for specific work. This is the most organized I've ever been about game design. Much more detailed and comprehensive spreadsheets than the first game, as well as a fully done script in advance that wasn't done scene by scene as needed for content added.

I have still yet to make a few maps, and I've hired an artist to do a new title screen that is more appropriate for the project now and the slight renaming.

I have enemy data to add, and it looks like the game is growing past the original level 10 cap; so may be able stat out another 10 level blocks if time allows.

I'll need to make Gypsy covered wagons in the TF style. Thankfully FBB has updated the cliff tiles with some of the edits I had to do myself, years prior, on his end officially and made them available to others. It seems everything I am doing on the fly as needed to expand my mapping and quality of life is slowly being addressed by the creator, and that is reassuring.

I've got to get Willard's basic SV sheet done for battle, and add some more animations. These are done frame by frame and I have about three unique sets to choose from. I'm being careful not to add more than what I need.

Quite a few scenes got added in as events in placeholders. The majority of the full game is now in the editor as placeholder. Looking at the span of the project it feels like more than a demo, and people may agree with that assessment if the full intended portion is playable by the 24th.

Fridays are set aside for Dev Review. Saturdays are Enemy Data day. Sundays are Creative Reviews. Mondays are Dungeons days. Tuesday through Thursdays are Graphics Creation and Quality assurance. The 24th through 26th will be a comprehensive play-test period by me, and several others. I will need to search for dedicated play testers, but I also plan on having my room mate play-test if he is able to do so.

[​IMG]

Jayje, Marquise* and miani like this.
  19. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My apologies for the lack of updates, as work related circumstances have prevented me from uploading the demo.

The following was completed: Titlescreen by @tv.ghost
    [​IMG]
    Gone is the April Fool's Joke of FF, but I still have a warm place in my heart for Radiostarkillersai/Sai's work. She did a fantastic job for what it was meant to be, and MakorieTV/TV.ghost did phenomenally well for what I commissioned. I urge you to check out her work here and at her twitter. Her traditional and pixel work is well worth the money, and any time you wish to spend looking.

Animations are nearly done.
    [​IMG]

Unique elements that aren't even available anywhere else such as the water wheel are in their final stages.
    [​IMG]

Unique Behaviors are filling up nicely. These are nonstandard behaviors that won't fit a template, and be unique to each character. I wanted very much for each actor to stand out with their personality matching their actions.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That means giving them a more creative range than standard sprites.

Enemy Data is nearly complete, and needs only the battlers set in the correct orientation for dungeons.
    Bosses are lacking, with only 1 integrated and play tested; and that was the major reason for the delay in getting the demo up.

Items, Weapons, and Armor recipes are being added case by case. Not all recipes may be available.

Battle backs are being worked on with free materials and placeholders, but may not make it into the demo build.

Cut scenes are nearly complete. I've literally tried to top myself in any of the other games I've produced. I'll let you judge when the time comes. I'm so very excited about this aspect. I want them as entertaining as battle.

This project has created a lot of new challenges for me, and it's been a pleasure to work on. For my health and sanity I needed to abstain from finishing for the contest as I intended on doing. Life priorities came first. I will continue working on this and re-enter a game jam if necessary, but the work will continue and you will get the demo sometime in July the latest. Work has a major event happening in June so I cannot promise it any sooner than July.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Marquise* and Jayje like this.
  20. VitaliaDi

VitaliaDi Jedi Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm loving all these little details, especially the character animations. Are your games on Itch?

Bonkers likes this.