RMMV [RSE] Time Keepers - Beta V-0.1 Avaiable!

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Chrisx994, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Chrisx994

Chrisx994 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

[​IMG]

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
    • Time Keepers is a rpg based on ATB system. Its features are:
    • ATB: wait and active system.
    • Two playable characters with unique style and abilities
    • Riddles, Quick Time Events, Puzzles
    • Weapon enhancement system
    • Explore a big castle full of mysteries and monsters
    • Unlockable costumes
    • A secret boss

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    More will be added soon!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SECTION B: CHARACTERS

• Main characters (Secondary will be added later)
      Aiden
      [​IMG]
      Aiden is member of Xeron, the group of Time Keepers guided by Sebastian.
      Even if he is still an apprentice he gets involved in a lot of dangerous missions.
      He is immune to charm and confusion ability, but no one knows why...
      Aiden's main skill is Dimensional Jump, which allows him to teleport to surprise his enemies.
      His weapon is the Executioner, a versatile blade.

Alissa
      [​IMG]
      Alissa is a monster hunter. She is naive and clumsy but she always tries to help when she can.
      Trained by a wizard, she is very good with all kind of magic.
      Her training gave her a resistance to darkness, even if she still fears its destructive power.
      She fights using two silver knives and her magic.
    • Cassandra [​IMG]

A mysterious succubus that lives inside the castle. She knows a lot about the castle and the creatures that lives in it.
    Full of mysteries, she claims to own the castle. She is really interested in Aiden, the only person who resists her powers.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT

• A normal day in Xeron's hq: Sebastian, called Bash, leader of the group, is busy as always. Aiden, his young apprentice, is reading a book. Bash finally calls Aiden to duty: while he'll go to fight a Machinator, a man who tries to destroy history and time, Aiden has to find and fight a vampire in the 1407. The vampire was putted there by the same Machinator Bash is going to fight.
      After getting ready Aiden uses Time Machine to go back in time. As soon as he arrives in front of the castle where the vampire is he meets Alissa, a young monster hunter who is after a werewolf. They choose to join forces. In castle entrance they meet Klaus, the vampire, who disappears after a small chat, challenging Aiden to solve castle's mysteries to get six keys: those keys opens the Throne Room door. The two start their quest to find the keys and face Klaus.

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
    • Time Keepers takes part in multiple timelines: the hq of Xeron, one of Time Keepers group who fights to protect history, is placed out of time and space.
    • The castle where the story will take place is located in 1407.
    • More location, which will be revealed later on, are placed in various timelines.
    • Time Keepers groups are guided by the ones called Ancients: beings that exists from the creation of the world: Bash, Xeron's Leader, is one of the wisest Ancient. Gizè, the council of Time Keepers's leaders, is guided by Dahora, the first Time Keeper.

OST
    You can find all Time Keepers music on youtube. I will add link there after i put them on my channel

1. A Quiet Day
    2. Lord's Castle
    3. A Promise Bound in Time
    All the credits will be added soon

DOWNLOAD
    English version: here
    Italian version: here
    Known Issues

Some grammatical errors in the English version - It will be fixed as soon as possible
    Lights: In some areas when a battle starts light will suddenly change - It will be fixed
    FPS drop - I'll fix it when I'll understand what causes the issue
    Screen freeze - Same as the other, it happened only twice in 4 tests, so I guess it is random
    Atb wait type only - it will be fixed soon
    States turns don't follow the atb turn - it will be fixed with the atb
    Diagonal movement for stairs - Fixed, works in v. 0.2
    3rd door bug - Fixed.
    Text file with credits missing - I'll add it with corrections next week!

Some untranslated parts and File dimension - Will be fixed as soon as possible!
    CREDITS

Yanfly

Kadokawa

Hiddenone

PandaMaru

Atelier RGSS Moghunter

SumRndmDde

IceKun

Dainiri

whtdragon

Avery

Aloe Guvner

Maliki 79

Himeworks

hadecynn

Timmah/LexusX

Mr. Trivel

Arc's generator

Enterbrain

Catball Games

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    atoms, pickledylans and Low like this.
  2. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A new song and a new character added! ^-^

3. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Added a new song and fixed Synopsis and World development!

4. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Little Update!
    Time Keepers is almost done!
    Right now i'm missing only a few things and the project translation. Stay tuned for updates! Also i will need a few testers, so if you're interested let me know!

5. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: Added 2 new riddles to the game, added weapon power up system and a few alternative costumes for both character. I will start translation soon and then i will hand out beta. If someone is interested start applying now! Stay tuned

6. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: 85% complete! Works will slow down a bit due to IGMC, since i'm trying to make something for it

7. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: Project isn't dead. I'm having a bit of trouble with some events, but the big is done.

Jayje likes this.
  8. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: Due to the strong lag i removed terrax lightning plug-in and i'm trying to make maps light to look good. Also i'm just missing 2 pieces for the soundtrack and game will be done.

9. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Soundtrack is done. Beta testing will start soon

10. Chrisx994

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Beta is out! Please try it and let me know what you think of it!

11. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, the first impression is as follows:
    476 megs is FAR too large. You are suffering from file bloat. One of the things you will need to do is convert your

music files from wav/mp3s into oggs with a free formater like audacity. I am on a fiber cable connection which is

why I didn't shy away from this. Other people may have capped lines and can't download past speeds which equate to

the following: Most people play a game for only the first five minutes. When this happens your download is more

than the time they put into the actual game it usually is a deterrent. I'd stay away from most games on RPGmaker

forums that are over 100 megs for that reason. This file is 617 megs unpacked. Yikes.

Go your files. Please quote the amount of megs per file in each of the project's folders. We will get you on better

track with advice if we know where the bloat is.

It seems you only have keyboard controls in options. At this file size I expect controller support. I have

controllers which will work and bind to RPGmaker games, and even the mouse should be supported.

Avoid ellipses, they add nothing to the dialogue. If you need a pause in speech there are other methods and balloon

actions to help with that.

Bash could have said "It's not a work of fiction," or simply "All my archieves are strictly non fiction".

"Someone sent a vampire in 1407" I think you meant to say 'sent a vampire back in time to'

"and get ready for the travel" should be something more along the lines of "Prepare for time travel"

Why didn't he just go back in time to when the Machiner tried to put the vampire in the past? That would save a

whole lot of trouble. Also why not find the Machiner and get him arrested?

Turtorial: Esplorizone should be Exploration in the second window of the explination.

Bash's computer should read "an archieve with every mission he's ever completed." The notes on the desk are still in

itallian.

While looking at the picture Aiden has an "i" which is not capatalized.

Which of his three airings is the transmitter, and why is this old man able to touch my things without me knowing?
    The cut scene painting before the castle is a nice touch!

This woman actually forgot how doors work. How is she a monster hunter? She didn't even realize a vampire was also
    inside.

"No place is 'too' dangerous for Alissa," works better.

I an independent monster hunter am letting a teenager dictate my actions. Oh Alissa, please act your profession.

She should be the one telling the 'kid' to go home and offering to take him under her wing.

His attitude changes when she explained she can use magic. Is there a reason for this? Magic doesn't make doors

open after all. He changed his mind very quickly. I wouldn't trust this teenager.

[​IMG]

"How did you do?" Should be "How did you do that?!" or "I loosened it up for you, obviously."
    This is hilarious. It deserves a screen shot.

Aiden's next dialogue window is still in Italian.

I LOVE Alissa. She is fantastic, but she is funny for all the wrong reasons.

Alissa you didn't sense the vampire before! You can't just suddenly sense him now, unless wooden doors block your

powers somehow as a monster hunter.

On guard should be en guarde, it doesn't translate into English because it is a cliche.

Having the vampire's eyes change with his mood was fantastic. That's a good method to show emotion.

I? Should be Me? And scared should be frightened.

You need diagonal movement on the stairs.

Alissa is far superior to Aiden. Her magic cuts through enemy defenses and Aiden can barely do 17-80 damaged

compared to her 90-300 on average even with skills.

Battle is slow because you have multiple enemies with no muli hit skills.

Aiden's fourth level ability is in Italian.

Running away message is in Italian.

Okay 20 minutes in and battle isn't getting any easier. I'll call it here.