RMMV [RSE] Xenoneo Demo

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Dama, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Dama

Dama Veteran Veteran

Xenoneo

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
    As a massive disaster was going to happen leading to the world's annihilation, our hero made a million year time travel possible for people around the world. For that purpose they used up every piece of crystals they found. but the out come didn't get as expected. The time travelers was supposed to arrived in about a year period but that period got larger into thousands of years and people from the past are still coming.
    Story begins as the hero arrives. Just finishing his time travel, the hero has appeared in front of a kingdom in the new world.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

DEVELOPMENT
    The game use action battle system. It's not completed, I couldn't add skill for two of the characters because there are some problems I wasn't able to solve. I wanted to make auto action for the followers with some skill command but I couldn't do that too. Music is made by myself but because I don't know about music, they are just as it is. Actually I don't that I can finish this alone so I'm going to search for help.

DOWNLOAD LINK

SolonWise likes this.
  2. Dama

Dama Veteran Veteran

Here I made a let's play for myself, and also two tracks on soundcloud.
    Dialogue at 58:38 is Akira's. I should fix that.

3. SolonWise

SolonWise The Lonely Maker Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dama Morning. I just played your demo and the first thing I would like to say is that I loved the musics. You didn't ask for a review, but there are a few things I would like to point, but please note that its only my opinion about things I like in a RPG Maker game:

* The first thing I noticed is that your maps are too big and too empty. Maybe you can try to make small maps with more details. The first city, for instance, may be the size of a world map I did in a RPG MV game I have. And I think there almost no details like stones, flowers, leaves, trees and things like that.

* There are some graphical bugs in the witches of the crystal room. The sprites are bad positioned in the file, so when they walk we can see the hat piece from another character. It's a bug I used to see a lot in the RPG Maker 2000 projects. :D

* "You don't have animations, I have no idea where you are pointing at!" Even it's funny, I think these kind of jokes works best in comedy based games, and I think your game has a more serious atmosphere.

* Lastly, the battle system. I know you said that is not complete, and I don't want by any means discourage you, but I think it's very hard for these kind of battle system works well, specially if you are working alone. Maybe it would be best to stick with the default battle system. But again, it's just my opinion. I died twice in the forest while fighting with the slimes, and I think I did everything right.

Well, I wish you luck with your project. I had fun playing with the pink haired mage in the city.

Dama likes this.
  4. Dama

Dama Veteran Veteran

Really thanks for playing. :)
    Music is what I recorded while I was playing and because I don't know about music they're just simple plain piano.

The maps are the first ones I created 3 or 4 years ago, I admit there're lots of lacks. Terreno the first town is the biggest town for the sake of the story. but yes I should fill it with more stuff mostly optional I think.

Oh I hadn't noticed that hat bug. :D I checked the png file seems ok but how did this happen needs more checking.

Kind of serious I would say strange and serious. and I can't do without comedy, it's in my style.

In that 3 years ago I had not work on battle system and I only had random turn based on my mind. I had two problems, first I didn't have much music fitting for battle themes. secondly I was going to finish the maps and story to the end before the battles.
    After all these years I felt the turn base battle are mostly too complicated filled with a lot of stuff, or too simple which I want to avoid both. and turn base has a lot with optimizing and balancing and animations to look lively. until I saw this action battle system, I don't know about coding but I wanted to try this. If I can't I should switch back to turn base.
    I didn't mention in the game but you can change the dead character with a live one or press K to switch with the next character.
    It can make a character died but there's a white mage with unlimited heal power. or Haru's Fire, blizzard and thunder are strong, and MP get filled over time. or you can just avoid the enemies and pass, or put them on sleep.

Again thanks for playing.

I forgot to ask, were you able to finish it?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    SolonWise likes this.
  5. SolonWise

SolonWise The Lonely Maker Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dama If making jokes is your style you must definely stick with that. :D

I knew about changing characters with the K, but I had died with everybody. Maybe I didn't knew what I was doing. Haha. But again, If you think you can make this battle system work, then go for it. I'm just saying that if you decide to use the default battle system, I still think you game would be good.

I couldn't finish the demo because I died in the forest twice. The thing is, I have little time to play games right now, because when I'm in home I use all my time to do my own project. Today was a slow day at my work, that's why I could download and play some games from the forum. I will keep an eye on this thread so I can play the next version of your game.

Dama likes this.
  6. Dama

Dama Veteran Veteran

Okay so I should make it a little easier to play. I have a walkthrough video at the second post, If you'd like to watch, around minute 44 I went for the next town and it's about 20 minutes for the demo to be finished after that. :)

SolonWise likes this.