Almighty God Jabu
- May 8, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
(still lacking a good logo to put here!)
Balloon Upgrade MV (Plus) v1.0
by Rafael_Sol_Maker (RSM for short)
by Rafael_Sol_Maker (RSM for short)
IntroductionWelcome to the Utimate Balloon Configurator. Long story short, I was writing for my magazine some tutorial about creating plugins, and I created a very simple plugin to customize expression balloons along with that (this one).
Later I decided to improve it that with the new extensions for Plugin Manager that I found in MV 1.5+. Well, I'm proud to say that I made full use of them and I made a very powerful plugin and interesting code-wise. I totally loved making this one.
That's all. I just made it, I've been holding it for two weeks or so, and now I translated it to English and I'm making it available for everyone.
- Use custom Balloon animation files and its different animation indexes;
- Configure the total of animation frames and its frame size (Yeah, that's so cool!);
- Change the speed of each frame and of the final frame wait. Easily given;
- Configure basic sprite properties like the position offset, scale and rotation of the animation;
- Set up a custom SFX that will play at a given frame (during the animation) with all the bells and whistles it deserves;
- Change all the blend mode, blend color, opacity and tone configs, just because.
ScreenshotsI'll just put a 'dramatization' of the available configurations you will find:
How to UsePut in the plugins folder (please rename it to RSM_BalloonUpgradePlus.js), add it, configure as you wish (YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE OTHERWISE IT WON'T WORK!) and you're ready to go. You may want additional graphics for custom balloons, however. Check Help section for some clarification.
IMPORTANT: This plugin needs to be pre-configured before use! No exceptions! It overwrites all the default Balloons, so beware. Each balloon has its own animation that needs to be added.
ANOTHER 'IMPORTANT' NOTICE: It was only tested in RPG Maker MV 1.5.1, using the expansions provided in 1.5+ update. It wasn't tested in previous or newer (likely betas) versions. While it should work on previous versions, I can't assure. And it would be insanely hard to configure the params since I make use of lists with custom structs.
Anyway... Use at your own risk and please report me if you find any bug!
DemoNot needed, at least IMHO. Just plug, configure and play. If you really need a demo, please ask me and I'll provide.
I'll just provide here Pastebin's links where you can download it. Rename it preferably to 'RSM_BalloonUpgradePlus.js'. Oh, and check my other plugins and scripts as well .
[Download Link (EN-US)]
Q: The plugin isn't working and it's throwing some weird error in the Console, what should I do?
A: I ALREADY TOLD YOU! You need to configure it, it won't do any magic! Make sure you put it in the right folder, with the right name, it's added, turned on, and previously configured. C'mon, it's not that hard. Be sure that you saved your project.
Credits and Thanks
- Rafael_Sol_Maker (It's me!) << Don't forget that
- Can't recall anyone who made anything similar, so just me is fine.
- For God's Sake, if you plan to use in your project, specially if commercial, please let me know and I'll go check it out! (Yeah and I'll do some free advertisement for your game too).
Author's NotesI just followed the posting template. Moderators please don't bite me yet.
- I'm not responsible for any damageEeeEe...ZZZZ. Yeah, you know.
- Keep up your backups done regularly!
- Have fun and don't forget to send me some cookies! (Ask my P.O. in private, please)