Rafael_Sol_Maker

Almighty God Jabu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(still lacking a good logo to put here!)
Balloon Upgrade MV (Plus) v1.0
by Rafael_Sol_Maker (RSM for short)

Introduction
Welcome to the Utimate Balloon Configurator. Long story short, I was writing for my magazine some tutorial about creating plugins, and I created a very simple plugin to customize expression balloons along with that (this one).

Later I decided to improve it that with the new extensions for Plugin Manager that I found in MV 1.5+. Well, I'm proud to say that I made full use of them and I made a very powerful plugin and interesting code-wise. I totally loved making this one.

That's all. I just made it, I've been holding it for two weeks or so, and now I translated it to English and I'm making it available for everyone.
Features
  • Use custom Balloon animation files and its different animation indexes;
  • Configure the total of animation frames and its frame size (Yeah, that's so cool!);
  • Change the speed of each frame and of the final frame wait. Easily given;
  • Configure basic sprite properties like the position offset, scale and rotation of the animation;
  • Set up a custom SFX that will play at a given frame (during the animation) with all the bells and whistles it deserves;
  • Change all the blend mode, blend color, opacity and tone configs, just because.

Screenshots
I'll just put a 'dramatization' of the available configurations you will find:
It doesn't work exactly that way, but I found that this way is way prettier.

How to Use
Put in the plugins folder (please rename it to RSM_BalloonUpgradePlus.js), add it, configure as you wish (YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE OTHERWISE IT WON'T WORK!) and you're ready to go. You may want additional graphics for custom balloons, however. Check Help section for some clarification.

IMPORTANT: This plugin needs to be pre-configured before use! No exceptions! It overwrites all the default Balloons, so beware. Each balloon has its own animation that needs to be added.

ANOTHER 'IMPORTANT' NOTICE: It was only tested in RPG Maker MV 1.5.1, using the expansions provided in 1.5+ update. It wasn't tested in previous or newer (likely betas) versions. While it should work on previous versions, I can't assure. And it would be insanely hard to configure the params since I make use of lists with custom structs.

Anyway... Use at your own risk and please report me if you find any bug!

Demo
Not needed, at least IMHO. Just plug, configure and play. If you really need a demo, please ask me and I'll provide.

Plugin Download
I'll just provide here Pastebin's links where you can download it. Rename it preferably to 'RSM_BalloonUpgradePlus.js'. Oh, and check my other plugins and scripts as well ;).

[Download Link (EN-US)]

FAQ
It's Quiz-time!

Q: The plugin isn't working and it's throwing some weird error in the Console, what should I do?
A: I ALREADY TOLD YOU! You need to configure it, it won't do any magic! Make sure you put it in the right folder, with the right name, it's added, turned on, and previously configured. C'mon, it's not that hard. Be sure that you saved your project.

Credits and Thanks
  • Rafael_Sol_Maker (It's me!) << Don't forget that :)
  • Can't recall anyone who made anything similar, so just me is fine.
  • For God's Sake, if you plan to use in your project, specially if commercial, please let me know and I'll go check it out! (Yeah and I'll do some free advertisement for your game too).

Author's Notes
I just followed the posting template. Moderators please don't bite me yet.
  • I'm not responsible for any damageEeeEe...ZZZZ. Yeah, you know.
  • Keep up your backups done regularly!
  • Have fun and don't forget to send me some cookies! (Ask my P.O. in private, please)

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is super cool! I had to change the positioning of balloons in the core plugins due to character height but this is way better!

Rafael_Sol_Maker

Almighty God Jabu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rafael_Sol_Maker Do you have any screenshots of the types of balloons you can make with this?
Thanks for asking.

Well, the possibilities are greater with this plugin, but it will depend heavily on the animations used, configuration and mostly... creativity. Not my strongest point.

Anyway, a couple of screenshot wouldn't help a lot, since you can simply read the functions and think about some possibilities.

Other than that, it's an animation, so screenshots are not good representatives of its functionality, so... I'm think in making a video instead =D

This is super cool! I had to change the positioning of balloons in the core plugins due to character height but this is way better!
Thanks!

Originally I thought about it ( I don't like the default position), so, it was the thing that started a quest to develop an article for my magazine (about an approach I use to develop plugins, very cool stuff, but only available in portuguese as now), a simpler plugin, and now this one. There's still a missing piece about this quest (isn't exactly related to this plugin) that I should reveal in the next issue of the magazine, haha.

Compressing the talk: Yeah, a simple function led me to do this plugin and a lot of cool stuff and it was so satisfying to write it. Hope it helps you!

(And to think that RPG Maker still has so much hard-coded stuff that needs some plugins in order to customize them. Oh my...)

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the presence here so far, guys!

Narch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@Rafael_Sol_Maker Hello, very cool plugin!

I have a question. The wait time for the final frame doesn't keep that last frame displayed, even if I check "wait" in the balloon command. I use it in a parallel common event.

Is it intended, or is it a problem on my end?

Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Dialog Filter ---

Gunner: Yo! my ****** friend?
Hero: Uhh,what happen with your mouth?
Gunner: Huh? what ****** happen with my mouth? i just speech as usual.
Hero: But,your mouth are like the garbage!
Gunner: Hey,what the **** are you say? you want the piece of **** with my ****** Gun!
(Meanwhile,The Dialog Filter In The Option Is Off)
Demo for Maze of the Lost MZ released. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism. If you like Dungeon Crawlers and JRPG's with a hint of Metroidvania and Shadowgate/Uninvited you might like it. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/maze-of-the-lost-mz-demo-port-from-mv.127971/
Well, here it is, colored. :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelda3469