Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Customize Stock Battlebacks MV v1.0
by Rafael_Sol_Maker (aka RSM)

Introduction
I did this because I felt the necessity to deploy my projects without the default files (RTP). Previously, if I tried to use the auto battleback feature from terrain, without setting it in Map Properties, as I want a diverse World Map. It obviously gives an error, because I've not included all of the files.

But I don't want to include a lot of files, even using the old trick of putting blank ones, so I did this small script right now (it was only no more than 1 and 1/2 hour coding, so) (edit: updated in a 2 hours!) . It suits my need, and probably will be way more useful for you guys, as you can customize them freely without the need to edit any source code. Any bugs or problems, please let me know; it was not extensively tested, so be careful. Again, suggestions for a next release are welcome.

Features
  • Change the stock battlebacks for different terrains without the need to mess with the script. Now it's easier than never!
  • A handy script command allow you to change them in runtime too;
  • There is a total of 20 different files you can use in the combinations;
  • The default system for auto battlebacks wasn't changed, so you can expect it generating the appropriate battleback for each situation;
  • The battlebacks you can change includes: grassland, wasteland, desert, snowfield, clouds, poison swamp, lava, forest, cliff and dirt field.
  • You can also change the default battleback in case no terrain condition is met.
Screenshots
No screenshots ahead:
I said so! No need for screenshot, sorry.

How to Use
Just like any other plugin. Put in the correct folder and it will be fine. PLEASE RENAME IT TO RSM_CustomizeStockBattlebacks.js!

Add it to your project with the Plugin Manager and don't forget to let it turned ON. Configure as you prefer, and go testing around.

There are are just one command that is real simple and you can see it in Help.

Some important battleback notes you can find there too (about Lava and superposition-only battlebacks).

Demo
Not needed at all.

Script Download
Like it or forget it:
[RSM's Customize Stock Battlebacks MV v1.1 - Pastebin Download]

FAQ
Putting this section here because the template asks. Yeah, again.

Q: Will you answer any question I ask here in this topic?
A: Yes I will, if the question is not too idiot. :p

Credit and Thanks
- Rafael_Sol_Maker, obviously.
- forums.rpgmakerweb.com Staff for space and support.

Author's Notes
  • This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. All my plugins and scripts, unless otherwise specified, are too.
  • Commercial projects allowed, but please let me know if you plan something with this, I really would love to see the results.
  • Gimme some suggestions for a next release!
  • And have fun!

Last edited:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How the hell did this fly under my plugin radar? This is one of those "must-have" plugins, in my opinion. A google search brought me here after finding out that these settings were originally hardcoded in MV. 

Thanks!

Rafael_Sol_Maker

Almighty God Jabu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New version available: 1.1! OP edited.

Now you can use the new advantages found in the new Plugin Manager. So, it's way better to use! And now we also can change the "default" battleback as well. Not a lot, but a lot sweet. Soon I hope to have good news about this one.

How the hell did this fly under my plugin radar? This is one of those "must-have" plugins, in my opinion. A google search brought me here after finding out that these settings were originally hardcoded in MV.

Thanks!
Thanks for your time. Hope you enjoy the new version as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pluscho