Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At first i was gonna say this is an amazing set up , and very easy to use ( which it is ) , but after tryingit in my project i keep getting random errors that i have never gotten before , and i cant load my save games thatwere made with this script set up , how ever if i remove it andtry it , then they will load just fine , its a pitty becasue i could have done a lot with this system , guess ill have to go and keep trying to make quests the old way ,lol

**EDIT**

ok so i have been testing this all day any game that i start a quest in and then save at any point afterthat , i can t reload the save file , if i dont start a quest , i can load a save file , i have had this happen in fresh projects and in my main project , anyone have any ideal as to how  to fix this , or mabye a quick workaround ?? 

please ?? this is an amazing quest set up , so i would ove to be able to use it ( sincei suck at eventing full quests) 

-Cazziuz

**EDIT NUMBER 2**

after hours of staring atthe script , i decided to comment out anything dealing with saving , and it worked ,also as far as i can tell it has not messed up the saving or loading of the files ,just figured i should let everone know

Last edited by a moderator:

jeppevinkel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Whenever i try to export the quest it says that the file couldn't be found

Edit: Problem solved

Reedo

Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@jeppevinkel:

This typically means you missed a step when setting up your Ruby environment.  Please re-read the thread as this issue has already been addressed.

Reedo

Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Cazziuz,

Sorry this reply comes so late.

I have not experienced, or had reported, any other saving/loading issues.  Can you tell us what other scripts you are using and what order you have them listed in?  This sounds like it may be a conflict with another script.

Also, whenever reporting a suspected bug, you should include the message content of all error windows which are displayed and the context in which they occur (describe how to reproduce the error).

jeppevinkel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Please help me, i got the

script 'game_interpreter' line 1411:Nomethoderror occurred

error undefined method 'contains?' for Nill:class

error and i have done exaclty as the instructions said

Thanks in advance

ZelkeDark

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I feel like an idiot, but I am really new to the scene as well as working with scripts themselves. The question I have is, what we do when we add the script to get some quests into the game. I installed it, made a quest and now I can't figure out how to continue from there.

Reedo

Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ZelkeDark:

You need to use script commands to assign/update/turn-in quests.  You can do this from another script or from script commands within an Event page.  There is a screenshot in the main post with an example of an event page and there is detailed documentation in the Editor's help file.

stratigamo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
Hi Reedo, and thanks for the quest system. It's great.

I've created my first basic quest and it's working fine. Now I want to try something for the second stage of the quest. Upon slaying 3 slimes and returning to the giver, exp is rewarded.

I need some help with setting up a conditional so that after stage 1 is completed new dialog will appear. Do I have to use a conditional with Reedo_Quest.current_stage ?

I want to do this so when stage 2 of questid 0 is reached, a chest appears on the map containing the requisite potion. Not sure how to make the chest appear because I only have switches and variables for conditions with the chest.

Also how do I check to see what stage of a quest I am on for a convo condition?

Thanks a lot!

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The script is so buggy to the max

Reedo

Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"The script is so buggy to the max"

LOL, one of two things:

1) You have some other script installed that is causing conflicts

2) You aren't using the script/tools correctly

I'm pretty sure that if there were any major bugs, they would have been properly pointed out by now.

If you can better explain the difficulties you are having, I'm sure you can get some assistance.

Reedo

Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@stratigamo:

Sorry this reply is so late, somewhere I missed the notification of your post.

You can do all the things you mention, however, they would be done through other custom scripting (script commands in a command event).  For example, turning on a switch (for your chest) after checking a quest requirement condition. Someone on the scripting and/or eventing forums should be able to help you write the custom code, given the documentation for my script in this post.

If you take a look at the event screen shot in the initial post you can see an example of writing a script command to check the requirements of the current quest (or access a specific quest by index), which may be of some help.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nevermind. I figured it out now.

Btw: How do you finish the next stage of the quest, does it need more eventing to do to finish the next one

I got the category error thing whenever I try to add a quest thru script or whatnot

def add_main_commands
    categories = {}
    $game_reedo_quests.known_quests.each do |quest|
      if !categories.has_key?(quest.category)

categories[quest.category] = []
      end
      categories[quest.category].push(quest)
    end
    categories.each do |category, questlist|
      add_command(category, :process_category, true, questlist)
    end
  end

The red text indicatiing a problem

and this too

def active_quests
    @quests.select {|quest| !quest.complete? }
  end

prop11

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have started a blank new project with just the quest and inventory script, i can save my game fine however when i try to load the save, i just get buzzer sounds. There are no errors.

stevene

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I've got the issue with save files as well. They do save, but they do not anymore load. There are no errors shown, apart from a buzzing noise.

I will try the suggestion of one of the people here to comment out the save stuff, even though that isn't really the solution to the problem, so that I can at least devtest and debug my progress on the projects the coming days.

Hope that you will figure out what is going on and can replicate the problem.

The following other scripts are running on this project:

RQJS
Star Passability Bug Fix
Event Jitter Fix
Galv's Message Busts
Flip Pictures
Set Graphic
paralax
ItemPopup

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Um question... How do you reset a quest. What is the code to use?

Reedo

Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ShadowFox:

There is a "reset" method on the Quest object.

So something like:

q = $game_reedo_quests.get_quest(questID)

q.reset()

Where questID is the index of the quest to reset.

Darthneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I just want to say THANK YOU - this script has saved me from the last week of beating my head against how to do a key/virtual item drop only when a quest is active, and the system and editor are so easy to use! It's wonderful!

I have had a problem with the $game_variables[2] = r.kills_left(1) line in the script call within the event - I eventually took it out. Pretty sure this is user error on my part (I was trying to adjust the line to count the virtual drops instead of kills) and once I took that line out the script ran perfectly.

I'm sorry, I'm new to scripting; I've read the help manual but my syntax is still messed up. Could you explain to me how that line would go if it's looking for a virtual drop in stage one of quest 0? And does the variable it's storing to in [2] need to be left solely for that, or can it be used for other things? (I have variable 2 being used elsewhere in the game.)

Thank you so much for the script - this really helped!

darkkitten

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I know this is a necro post but is Reedo still working on this script or has he/she disappeared completely?

dax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
=( just found out about this, looked cool but I'm also facing the problem where I can't export. Error exporting file, can't find etc.

And yes, I have read the thread, and I have checked "Add Ruby executables to your PATH" when installing, but nothing.

I have tried to download and install both 1.9.3 and then the latest 2.2.2 to no avail, sigh.

I have even tried to uninstall and reinstall RSQS both before and after installing Ruby. Still never works =(

edit: went to check under system properties if the PATH variable was there and it's there. So, I don't know what's the problem.

edit:2 today I turn on my PC and it works.

lol.

gozfather

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
im struggling to use this. can somebody find or make an event template for this

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sernyx