RSSBSACE: Reedo's Simple Side Battle System Ace Edition

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Reedo, Sep 17, 2013.

1. diablodevil2

diablodevil2 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ah, no problem. Thanks for looking into it!

It's going slow on my end, so no need to really rush on my account. But I appreciate it! c:

2. Darxkaskies19

Darxkaskies19 Warper Member

First Language:
    Engrish
    Thank you very much for posting this script... I've been trying to learn (step by step and very slowly) the mechanics of rpg maker. It's been a long time since I played with rpgm since the good ole xp days. I properly used this script, the only problem I had was getting the battlers to turn the appropriate direction, facing right instead of default left (The only thing that I could do was export into paint or photoshop and flip them there)... not sure if there is a better way to do this.

The next thing -may be a stupid question- is that when I change the troop layout, it isn't saved when I actually go to a test play... anyone else have this problem?

3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Elmlor.com Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for this wonderful script. I love the heck out of it. I'm using the High Red Dll and playing at 1024x768.

The issue is I'm having problems figuring out how to move the sprites of the characters to the right poor. I keep playing with random numbers but they keep staying in the center :) I'm prob derping here but just thought I ask :)

Edit: Seems like ACTOR_START_LEFT is actually how its done. But the battle preview will not take effect only actual in game play. This is where I was derping up :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  4. kingkoopa300

kingkoopa300 Sprite Farmer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay i'm new to scripts but i used to be really good writing M.U.G.E.N characters so i'll learn quick. i don't know if the code i need to edit is in this script or not but i'm using custom characters that are bigger than vanilla sprites so i need to know how to mess with the icon animation Y axis please help...

5. Beminfire

Beminfire Shibe Member

First Language:
    English
    I keep getting an error on line 492!!

I named the script RSSBSACE

I put this script second, under Yanfly's battle engine.

My other scripts are: yanfly slippery tiles, yanfly item menu, yanfly save engine, yanfly core, and shadowmaster's fantasy bestiary.

6. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Im having a weird problem with the script I placed it under materials and underneath the (insert here) the problem is wheneve a battle occurs in game I get error Script RSSBSACE line 492: nomethoderror occurred undefined method > 'for nil:NilClass But whenever I sart a battle from the database it works perfectly this is my first time ever using scripts so im not sure if I did anything wrong(I also have no other scripts installed).

Shadow of Chaos and mortwin like this.
  7. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I think I found why it doesn't work I started up a new save with the script and in game battles work for the other guy who is having the same issue I am all you have to do is place the script in your agem and the next time you g to test it start up a new save it should work then

8. N7Pankake

N7Pankake Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Got a question here:
    with this scrip can i set up the weapons to my characters?
    if you can, then how can you doit :o ? i can see every time i use an skill or magic ability, the icon star to glow infront of my char :C (sorry for the english, 0 knowledge at scripting)

Edit: After playing with the script i have been trying to change the location of the weapon to appear but i dont see the option arround, any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  9. Teneven

Teneven Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Works really well. One problem. A Rate (e for some reason is there by default idk) is around ten times my size. Not just the Rate (rat?) but it's the same with almost all enemies. The Demon King/God would probably not be my size.

10. YasterGoodman

YasterGoodman Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have two questions. First, is it possible to show sprites for the actors that are unique to the battle screen instead of using the map sprites? Second, can this script be used in commercial projects? If so, how do I credit you?

11. alexthejester

alexthejester Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    One quick question before I decide whether to use this system or not:

Do I have to download other battlers and sprites or can it just take from my enemies and party's sprites automatically?

12. BigPunisherSOB

BigPunisherSOB Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I was wondering if you let people use this script in their game if they plan on selling their game.  I have been looking through a lot of the resource pages and most people say whether you can use it commercially or not in their post and I didn't see you say anything about that on this post, I might have missed it I think I read it pretty well.

Can I use this script commercially if I give you credit?

13. Mixer

Mixer Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Great script, but I've run into a problem with a crash. This is the error that occurs when a character kills himself while under the confusion ailment, or dies to a counterattack. The thing I see in common is that the crash occurs about 2 seconds after the character dies, and the animation of the weapon being used is still in motion.

Script 'RSSBSACE' line 586: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'reedo_guard?' for nil:NilClass

14. Leggy

Leggy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Basically I wanted to get rid of the icon/weapon pop-up and animations that's set in the original script, so I found the lines of code that allowed this and deleted them. But for some reason, all the animations cast on the player character slide downwards (an unintended and unwanted animation). Aside from minor editing, I don't know a whole lot about scripting. I tried to find a way to fix it, but no such luck.

Edit: SOLVED It turns out my VX ACE engine outdated the script, and one of my contacts came up with a solution by making a custom addon script that goes below the sideview battler and above main: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EygomacNIKVUhrWHVRN3FtTlk/view

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  15. mortwin

mortwin Warper Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Can you pleas help me whit this error  it says Line 493:nomethoderror occurd undifined method`>' for nil:NilClass could you please help me  ;_;

Schermopname (2).png

16. Grinn

Grinn The Game Dev Wonder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I know this is super old but I have the same issue.

'Reedo's Simple Side Battle System' line 585: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'reedo_guard?' for nil:NilClass

What is causing is it is when I give a battler a state with the restriction "Attack an Enemy". (I turn it off, it goes away. I turn the restriction on- it comes back).

Currently installed:
    (All Yanfly scipts)

Convert Damage

Skill Steal

Victory Aftermath

Active Battle Advantage

Shop Options

Item Options

Enemy Target Info

17. PaladinHeart

PaladinHeart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry to intrude on the Ace version of this script but it seems I can't find a thread for the VX version.

Was the VX version abandoned? It crashes the game with sprites that aren't properly removed and I can't find a fix for it.

18. Grinn

Grinn The Game Dev Wonder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is the VX version thread.

19. Gelli

Gelli I ask a lot of questions. Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey, sorry if someone already posted this but how do I make the enemy also animated?

20. kupo1kupo2

kupo1kupo2 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    This is a great script. It's the only one I could easily get to load different character sheets for different classes in battle, then go back to a base one on the field.

Thank you.