Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Cast Ashore
Game_20180310_142826.png

SYNOPSIS
This is Cast Ashore, an RPG about a Pirate captain and her sister who were attacked by the Imperial fleet trying to escape from robbing a decoy ship. Now they must take on sidequests, thefts and odd jobs to raise up the money to reclaim their ship, rebuild their crew, and get their revenge.

SCREENSHOTS
Game_20180310_152306.png

Game_20180310_143037.png

TownMap.png

MenuSys.png

Screen1.png

CHARACTERS
  • Martine - A Pirate captain who is down on her luck and holds a grudge for losing her ship.
  • Delphine - Martine's sister. She is a Mage and Seer who tries to provide advice and readings for her sister, who doesn't always listen to her.

67be101a8d.png

Martine, drawn by Makio kuta! ^​

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

NPX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, you're still making games? I remember Paradise Blue from back when Gaming World was going strong.

Although I'm not a fan of the 8-bit aesthetic, I have to say that this does look rather good. Do the larger sprites cause collision problems?

OceansDream

Resident foodmonster
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi!

I haven't personally experienced that problem with collisions but I tried to keep everything triple scaled and not go too complex on overlapping tiles?

Yeah I'm still working on games, I have a remake of Paradise Blue in the works as well! I just thought the 8 bit aesthetics here in Cast Ashore were fun to work with but I'll try different styles for other games.

NPX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's only a problem when the player tries to interact with NPCs and the scaled-up characters over-lap. You can work around it, as I'm sure you know, and I do like the proportions that you've gone with. It reminds me of the old RM2K aesthetic, which I'm a big fan of -- it's nice to see games that aren't afraid to honour their roots.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria