RMVXA [RSW] Eremidia: Skyward Temple (Episode Zero)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by TheoAllen, Feb 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Screenshot_66.png
    Title: Eremidia: Skyward Temple (Episode Zero)
    Devname: AED0
    Developer: TheolizedRGSS3 / TheoAllen
    Playtime: ~15 minutes

Disclaimer:
    While I submit this in complete game section, but personally for RSW submission, I think it's more appropriate for me to take a part in demo submission instead. The game content is just a small extension of Eremidia Dungeon: Skyward Temple, and really just to demonstrate a battle system concept.

Introduction:
    This game is mainly to test my battle system concept, which I named it Timeline Order Battle System (explained below).

Story:
    The game took a place on a timeline before our actors reached the entrance of Skyward Temple (game linked above). They are looking for a high-value artifact called Skyglyph lies on the temple that rumored once change the course of the history. Our actors meets various encounters along the way before they managed to reach the destination.

Casts :
    [​IMG]
    Name : Cornelia Stella (Stella)
    Class : Marksman / Star Gunslinger
    Short Bio : A self-proclaimed master of marksman. Ironically, her speed is better than her accuracy. She doesn't have any experience in raiding dungeons yet. Sometimes, she always fight with Soleil just because a little thing

[​IMG]
    Name : Emille Lunar (Lunar)
    Class : Sorcerer / Silvermoon Mage
    Short Bio : Adept sorcerer from Runica Academy. Has a wide knowledge about magics and history. He was the first time who wanted to take Skyglyph. Until he invited his companions in his journey.

[​IMG]
    Name : Soleil Alfred (Soleil)
    Class : Spellblade / Solar Blade
    Short Bio : Experienced dungeon raider. Very interested in exploration or battle. Often reckless to do something. His nature is tipically a main hero of the story. Such as, brave, sometimes naive, and almost doesn't fear anything.

Gameplay :
    This game is featuring a battle system concept named "Timeline Order" which works similarly like ATB. The battle participant needs to wait until it's their turn to move.

However, each action requires a casting time. If the battler is being hit during casting phase, they will be interrupted to the previous timeline, unless there is an exception to prevent it. Some skills are also able to knock back the opposite unit to the previous timeline.

ATB bar is drawn on a single bar instead of individually attached to the each battler. Allow you to navigate easier

Screenshots :
    Screenshot_67.png
    Screenshot_68.png
    Screenshot_69.png Screenshot_70.png
    Download Link :
    Click here

Credits :
    Story:
    • TheoAllen
    • Eremidia Contributors
    Sound & Music:
    • TheoAllen
    • Freedom House
    • Soleil-musique
    • Osucarus
    Graphics:
    • TheoAllen
    • Timmah/LexusX
    • MilanoCat
    • WhiteCat
    • richter_h
    • Kaduki
    Scripts:
    • TheoAllen
    • Yanfly
    • TDS
    • Moghunter

Devnote :
    • After the years has passed, I decided to change how my character's personality and the connection between them. So the dialogue and interaction might looks different if you have played my previous game.
    • The game is unencrypted. Feel free to look at
    • Timeline Order ATB is provided as is. You're free to use, or modify as you like. But I haven't decide to support the script. So, take it with your own risk, unless I changed my mind (or maybe, if a lot of people interested on it)
    • DO NOT use a music with a prefix "AED" and "JtS". They're original.
    • I realized on the half way of developing time, that this system works better if you're running a few party members, like when you only have two party members active in battle. Because three already hard to manage and focus. Few battler participant means you can focus better

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Frogboy and Starmage like this.
  2. Nantas

Nantas - Game developer - Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I played it, I loved it. The battle system (as that's the thing you wanted to show) is really really entertaining !
    It just gives me the feeling of wanting more and more.

TheoAllen likes this.
  3. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey, thank you. I might want to create a game based on this system in future. If you have a comment and suggestion on anything, feel free to write. The system is sufficient, but I don't think I'd have the idea to fill the content of this system. What kind of enemy you thought that suit best with this system? How would you design a boss? I'm open to hear the idea about it.

Furthermore, if this grab interest to many people, I might want to release a script as my battle system addon.

4. Nantas

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will think of it and send you a message if something comes up in my head.
    Anyway, for your future projects, I wish you the best ! With a writer on your side, you could do some of the best projects of indie RPG around !

It's a system that works very well, I am sure some people would love to use it ( on my side, I use MV and I have the idea for an another battle system pretty different ).

I have now downloaded Eremedia Dungeon : Skyward Temple and I think I will enjoy it a lot !

5. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Be sure to download the patch as well or it will crash upon accessing the skill menu on map (only for Stella though).
    And yeah, having a writer on my side will be really a convenient as it's really my weakness on making a game. Currently stuck on the sequel because I can't seem to draw a line from the start to finish lol.

Nantas likes this.
  6. Nantas

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If I wasn't on my own project, I would have jumped to help you.
    Thank you for the recommendation !

7. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @TheoAllen, that is a great battle system. That is just my opinion, I prefer the ATB bar to be on top and the character's menu to be at the bottom. The conversation between the characters is funny. Animations are quick which is great for my short attention spans.

8. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    ATB Bar over the character is my general pet peeve in ATB, so I'd kindly say no. The reason is there's too much info going on and it's all over the place. I don't know who is going to act next, and it's a mess. Putting all together in a single bar is better for me. Why do you like individual bar though?

9. cradth

cradth :) Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I love the interaction between the three characters on previous game,
    but some changes would be wonderful too. Gotta put this one on my playlist.
    Also, awesome battle system as usual, I just love the way you handle the move set!

*Nice battle sprites! I mispelled golira's name several times. XD

10. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just keep in mind that this is just a prototype to test the battle system concept, idk if that's worth to put in your playlist. I'd suggest you might as well as check the sequel project. It's more worth to check that one :p

11. cradth

cradth :) Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes, I watched that one too, but at that time the game demo was not finished yet.
    Okay, gtg to check the game demo! if it's a sequel, then the order : ST EZ -> EDST ->ERoTD. right?

12. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Correct!