Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Developer: TheolizedRGSS3 / TheoAllen
Playtime: ~15 minutes
While I submit this in complete game section, but personally for RSW submission, I think it's more appropriate for me to take a part in demo submission instead. The game content is just a small extension of Eremidia Dungeon: Skyward Temple, and really just to demonstrate a battle system concept.
This game is mainly to test my battle system concept, which I named it Timeline Order Battle System (explained below).
The game took a place on a timeline before our actors reached the entrance of Skyward Temple (game linked above). They are looking for a high-value artifact called Skyglyph lies on the temple that rumored once change the course of the history. Our actors meets various encounters along the way before they managed to reach the destination.
Name : Cornelia Stella (Stella)
Class : Marksman / Star Gunslinger
Short Bio : A self-proclaimed master of marksman. Ironically, her speed is better than her accuracy. She doesn't have any experience in raiding dungeons yet. Sometimes, she always fight with Soleil just because a little thing
Name : Emille Lunar (Lunar)
Class : Sorcerer / Silvermoon Mage
Short Bio : Adept sorcerer from Runica Academy. Has a wide knowledge about magics and history. He was the first time who wanted to take Skyglyph. Until he invited his companions in his journey.
Name : Soleil Alfred (Soleil)
Class : Spellblade / Solar Blade
Short Bio : Experienced dungeon raider. Very interested in exploration or battle. Often reckless to do something. His nature is tipically a main hero of the story. Such as, brave, sometimes naive, and almost doesn't fear anything.
This game is featuring a battle system concept named "Timeline Order" which works similarly like ATB. The battle participant needs to wait until it's their turn to move.
However, each action requires a casting time. If the battler is being hit during casting phase, they will be interrupted to the previous timeline, unless there is an exception to prevent it. Some skills are also able to knock back the opposite unit to the previous timeline.
ATB bar is drawn on a single bar instead of individually attached to the each battler. Allow you to navigate easier
Download Link :
- Eremidia Contributors
- Freedom House
- After the years has passed, I decided to change how my character's personality and the connection between them. So the dialogue and interaction might looks different if you have played my previous game.
- The game is unencrypted. Feel free to look at
- Timeline Order ATB is provided as is. You're free to use, or modify as you like. But I haven't decide to support the script. So, take it with your own risk, unless I changed my mind (or maybe, if a lot of people interested on it)
- DO NOT use a music with a prefix "AED" and "JtS". They're original.
- I realized on the half way of developing time, that this system works better if you're running a few party members, like when you only have two party members active in battle. Because three already hard to manage and focus. Few battler participant means you can focus better