Does sheet music exist for the RTP (Ace, MV)?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lately, I've been dabbling in learning how to make music, and one of the things that leapt out to me was the use of motifs and leitmotifs in games to not only make a game more memorable, but to better drive the emotional weight of a given scene. The RTP for the various RM engines are generally good, but are somewhat limited due to their nature of being as diverse as possible to cater to the average newbie
This led me to wondering if sheet music for Ace and MV exists (as I recall, XP and prior use MIDI files, which can be edited with such software as Anvil Studio) and where one might find them, if possible- whether they are provided by the creators of RM or remade by someone on the forums.
If they exist, then that would allow people with at least some understanding of music theory to make music that uses certain motifs from the RTP to add more versatility to their game's soundtrack.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It's a bit unusual for a resource request but it fits here better than General Resources. I don't know of any available sheet music, but it's possible that it exists.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If your goal is to learn, there're several sites that provide MIDI. I'll give you one that influenced me the most in the past.

There's a zip file to download all the MIDI. And it's as good as the RTP BGM (or probably even better)

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[MOVE]Resource Requests[/MOVE]
It's a bit unusual for a resource request but it fits here better than General Resources. I don't know of any available sheet music, but it's possible that it exists.
Thank you for moving this to a better spot.

If your goal is to learn, there're several sites that provide MIDI...
The goal would be to take motifs from the RTP and reuse them in new creations. Let's say you use Ace Theme 2 as a major theme in a game project. With the sheet music in hand, you could take motifs from the song and implement them in a different manner, such as creating a slow piano piece in a different key and time signature as a dark reprise, or implement the motifs in a fast paced final boss theme in, again, a different time signature and key.
(Admittedly, I am still very much a novice when it comes to music theory, so I may be explaining my thought process incorrectly.)
That all said, I do appreciate you offering MIDIs that you felt are useful for learning.

(tl;dr: I'm asking about sheet music not for learning purposes, but because having the exact notation for the music would allow for a better way to take RTP music and create variations on motifs within the song.)

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would say, if you want to motives or just want to remix, you probably don't need that much reference. The lead melody is usually easy to sequence. What you're going to need is the chord progression, and the rest is your own creativity.

That said, I don't think those sentences probably are not going to be helpful. So, let me humor you. Here's the VXA Theme 2 you mentioned. I sequenced it into a MIDI myself although I don't bother to make it as accurate as possible especially in the last part. Now, I wonder if you could make use of this because I don't think it's special or even interesting.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would say, if you want to motives or just want to remix, you probably don't need that much reference. The lead melody is usually easy to sequence. What you're going to need is the chord progression, and the rest is your own creativity.

That said, I don't think those sentences probably are not going to be helpful. So, let me humor you. Here's the VXA Theme 2 you mentioned. I sequenced it into a MIDI myself although I don't bother to make it as accurate as possible especially in the last part. Now, I wonder if you could make use of this because I don't think it's special or even interesting.

I have to say, I never expected I'd want to hear VXA Theme 2 rendered in MIDI. It kinda lends it a certain charm. That said, while a MIDI rendering of the theme could feasibly work, that's just one theme out of the dozens in the RTP, (I personally wouldn't ask someone to render the all of the RTP's music into MIDI without having some money to at least make it more worthwhile,) and using an admittedly inaccurate MIDI to extrapolate the motifs in the song could lead to unintentional inaccuracy or dissonance.

I feel as if my reasoning for starting this thread in the first place has been misunderstood; I am inquiring about the subject of sheet music not necessarily for my own benefit- though it is a factor- but so that if such were found, that the whole forum could benefit.
As I said before, I am a novice when it comes to making music and music theory, it could be a lot simpler than I think it is. I do appreciate your effort to help, and it is a failing on my part that I didn't properly explain why I made this topic in the first place.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That said, while a MIDI rendering of the theme could feasibly work, that's just one theme out of the dozens in the RTP, (I personally wouldn't ask someone to render the all of the RTP's music into MIDI without having some money to at least make it more worthwhile,)
The chance is you may not actually get the RTP music sheet. Either it doesn't even exist, or the one who has it never sees this request or even has an account here to respond. And even if it has MIDI version, it probably just people try their best to try to render it to MIDI just like I did. So your best bet is to "ask" to make a render. Also asking a few RTP BGM may be fine (it was a nice exercise out of boredom in this quarantine time). That said, I MIGHT do another RTP BGM render because it was a nice exercise.

and using an admittedly inaccurate MIDI to extrapolate the motifs in the song could lead to unintentional inaccuracy or dissonance.
While I see your point, I kinda disagree with your argument about dissonance. Unless the person wants a certain degree on accuracy because they have trouble hearing and listening to relative frequency, the average composers should realize if in their MIDI reference has some false notes and inharmony, or probably even disagree with the original composition, they proceed to make their own composition (remix).

Admittedly, this sentence alone kind of implying "this isn't the original MIDI Sheet from the actual music, what if it isn't accurate? I don't want this. I want the original!". Which kind of repelling all the sources you have as a reference. So here is the case, if you googled "<song title> chord progression", do they come from the sheet from the actual composer? or was it from the fan who tried to "reconstruct" the song? Does that make it sounds "dissonance"?

I feel as if my reasoning for starting this thread in the first place has been misunderstood; I am inquiring about the subject of sheet music not necessarily for my own benefit- though it is a factor- but so that if such were found, that the whole forum could benefit.
If so then please do not "reject" any attempt to render the RTP BGM. Because as I have said, it is your best bet as for now. It probably better if you actually contribute to it. For example, fixing my MIDI to make it sounds more accurate to the actual music.

As I said before, I am a novice when it comes to making music and music theory, it could be a lot simpler than I think it is. I do appreciate your effort to help, and it is a failing on my part that I didn't properly explain why I made this topic in the first place.
And that was the reason why I'm telling you all of these.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I understand, I think. I'm not trying to nitpick or otherwise imply 'if it isn't perfect, it won't do', my prior post was for the sake of clarification, to make clear what my initial intention was. If I offended you, I apologize.
I recognize that the chances of me, or anyone else, gaining access to music sheets, if they exist at all, is rather slim, even presuming I or anyone else had the means to ask the right people. A reconstruction based on the perceptions of other people is indeed 'the next best thing' as it were.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.
It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interest who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoGGick855