RTP-Style Battlers Requested (MV)

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by TheUnsungChampion, Jul 14, 2016.

1. TheUnsungChampion

TheUnsungChampion Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have been browsing around the forums quite a bit the past couple of days, and have especially been looking for battlers to use in my first project. I like the RTP style for RMMV, so I want to use the battlers originally included in the database, but they are too few in number to provide nearly enough variety for the extensive enemy list I have in mind. I have found many nice battlers made by several artists, but am still lacking the required variety, so I thought that I would ask here if anyone else had any links to resources that I have not found, or had the artistic talent and willingness to do some edits of their own. I am looking for front-view battlers; while I love the sideview battlers, I am purposely trying to create a more traditional feel for this project.

The resources that I have downloaded so far are edits/recolors/frankenbattlers made by the following members: Avery, Amy Pond, Rogue Milk, Emelian65, and Baron Banana. If someone could point me to any others that they may know of, or is willing to do some of their own to add to the mix, I would be eternally grateful. If you make resources for me to use, please tell me how you would like to be credited, and under what terms I am allowed to use your work. If pointing me in the direction of someone else's work, please use a direct link so that I can review the original artist's desired credits and terms of use. Thank you in advance for any help!

2. coyotecraft

coyotecraft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    *psst* Ask me to make you something specific. 

3. TheUnsungChampion

First Language:
    English
    Well, coyotecraft, since you have generously posted, let's start with something simple but very helpful. How about some recolors of the RTP frontview slime battler? Those would be really useful to me, and I am sure that others would make good use of them too. Maybe something like red, green, gold or silver slimes? That would be really awesome.

4. coyotecraft

First Language:
    English
    ho-hum, I was offering to draw something. 

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You can use the Hue slider too. 

[​IMG]

5. TheUnsungChampion

First Language:
    English
    Oh, well! If you want to draw something original, that would be awesome too! Let's see... How about the Captain battler wielding a mace and with a different shield style? That would be very cool. By the way, thanks so much for showing me this trick; I am going to have myself a field day with that.

6. coyotecraft

First Language:
    English
    I've got something original going but in the mean time, here's some more. 

[​IMG]

I got a little carried away last night. Paint, Ectoplasm, Toxic Ooze, Tumor/Infection (something to use with fleshy dungeons)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @coyotecraft: Nice recolors of the slimes. What are your terms of use for those?

8. TheUnsungChampion

First Language:
    English
    Wow, that is incredible! Thanks so much. I will add those to the pool. Eventually, I would like to compile everything together into neatly organized folders, but so far, I am still just downloading and slop-sorting as best I can, LOL. Those are really wonderful. I love the slimes especially; I grew up playing the U.S. releases of the Dragon Quest games on the NES (titled Dragon Warrior, in this country), so slime-type enemies will always have a very special place in my heart.

coyotecraft likes this.
  9. coyotecraft

First Language:
    English
    No terms. Free to use. Whatever.