RTP VX Ace Battlers (SMT-Pixel) + Battler Death Animations (Thanos Effect)

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I used PixaTool to convert VX Ace Battlers to pixel art with minor sharpen effect. no anti-alias
Pixel art style looks a bit reminiscent to older Shin Megami Tensei however not as smooth.

In addition, death animations are made from Juice FX with Thanos Effect. 20 frames long
Thanos Effect is like dispersion effect where it adds particles drifting away from source.

Fancy Death script (RGSS3) is effective with battler death animations for enemy death.
Credit: Yami, Archeia_Nessiah
You can find the script here- https://rpgmaker.net/scripts/322/

Zip file include 74 battlers in Battlers folder, also Animations folder
You can find an image "how-to" for visual setup on battle animation for battler death.
Please check Fancy Death script first.

Terms of Use

Free to use in non-commercial and commercial projects. Credit "Enterbrain" and "tale" (optional)

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra34vitqf63y2rl/pix_battlers.zip?dl=1

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
amazing! you inspired me to buy pixatool, but i'm pretty lost. wish i knew how to recreate this effect. :)

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I bought PixaTool and Juice FX through GameDev bundle on itch.io

PixaTool - pixelates graphics also has features to change palette and add retro filtered effects

Setting I used for VX Ace RTP Battlers-
Pixelate W: 2
Pixelate H: 2
Sharpen: 15

I also used another paint program after I export an image, then resized it in Nearest Neighbor for double size.

To animate with Thanos effect, you need Juice FX

Load Project with Thanos_Effect which is found in Example_Projects folder.

For certain images, I have to adjust the speed to fit in with frames processing

However, this program isn't formatted for RPG Maker. I've reformatted/ centered/ resized/ cropped the frames manually.

Default canvas size is: 128x128 | 256x256 | 512x512
RPG Maker animation cell size is 192x192

Animation sheets pack took several hours during past, almost, 3 days working on this. I'm happy with the results.

Original animation size is small, it can be Zoom 2 times (200 in cell properties) in animation editor to fit with battlers size.

In the preview for angel death animation is cut off before frames reaches full completion-
That can be fixed with Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Core Engine script under line 178 to adjust ANIMATION_RATE. [I used 2]

Last edited:

dreamfall887

Diva. Detective. Determined.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks really cool. Nice work! :thumbsup-right::cutesmile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cst