GaryTheGreat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You're walking on the overworld, a state expires and you get a message "Dudeguy stopped bleeding!"
How do I remove those?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you just remove the message from the database?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
state remove.PNG
This is on every state, at the bottom of the window

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
But what if he wants to keep that message for the battles only?
Clearing that text setting would remove it from battle too.

This snippet should disable these texts on the map only:
Code:
class Game_Actor < Game_Battler

def show_added_states
    # Removed!
  end

def show_removed_states
    # Removed!
  end

end
Note that I disabled the message on added states too. If you want that to appear, just delete the show_added_states method from the above snippet.

GaryTheGreat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, that is precisely what I wanted, but forgot to specify
Thanks Sixth

XdnaX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone
I have 2 question which i want to ask
I'm using VX Ace to create my first game so I'm not that much experienced, please pardon me

1- i want to disable( i.e., greyed out or un-clickable not remove) the save option inside menu while the player is in dungeon but the save option will be available while the player is in towns etc how do i acheive that? Are there any scripts for that? I think it will be easy to do that with scripts :-/

2- another question of mine is that how do i re-spawn enemies on map after a certain period of time like say after 10 seconds the same enemy will respawn at the same place no matter whether the player leaves the map or not. i want to achieve that using scripts too any scripts like these here?

Thanks in advance :)

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@XdnaX
1. When you go into a dungeon, create a parallel process event that sets save access to false. To do this, you go to page 3 of the event commands and select 'Change Save Access'. Erase the event. When the player exits the dungeon, do the same thing, except set it to true.

2. You can use Galv's Event Spawn timer: https://galvs-scripts.com/galvs-respawn-timer/

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You know, I have to ask something that's been kind of bugging me.

So pretty much everything in RPG script is using methods. And that the methods work by calling each other? And that just plopping a method call in the script - will give it error, so it doesn't seem you can't just loop a script by calling it in a class.

But who calls the methods that start the whole thing? But who was phone?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You mean... this one?
Code:
rgss_main { SceneManager.run }

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm kinda surprised that u learned all the way to code without even knowing the beginning. I personally started to learn from where it all began. Tracking how the whole program works first before started to code. Simply modifying random method doesn't satisfy me.

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I think I kind of went backwards? Like starting at Game_Battler - and following it to Game_BattlerBase and then just using google to look up how some of the unfamiliar terms work and just trying to understand the relationship everything has to each other, and how they reference things from each other.

Right now, I'm looking into how looping statements like "While" work - and how I can use it to simplify some of the scripts I'm working on. So it is kind of "I need this to do something" so I start digging for things that might lead to it. Leading to me finding things "out of order" I guess?

Though I did have a few years using Game Maker coding and doing some basic mod scripting for whatever Oblivion, and Fallout uses - so I do have some memory of coding. Though it was kind of hard getting used to going from "objects" that you add code too - to objects, that are basically just pure text.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The flow goes like this, from @scene.main while @scene
in class Scene_Base and their subclasses, there's method "main", it contains start -> post_start -> update ->pre_terminate -> terminate

The first call of method main, brought you into Scene_Title
> it calls start (create windows)
> then post start (perform transition)
> then we're stuck in update (this is where our game works)
> It stuck UNTIL the scene changes. In short, when we click new game, or continue
> Scene changes, say, we click continue
> It flows through pre_terminate and terminate, disposing the windows and sprites
> Theoretically, it should END the program, but no. @scene in SceneManager is still not nil. It just changed from Scene_Title to Scene_Load
> Because the statement is @scene.main while @scene. We back again at start creating window, and stuck on the update, until scene changes.
> Game ends when the @scene is empty.

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's interesting. I am trying to figure out more about how update works - I know there are a few update methods scattered around the scripts, but they don't seem to use any looping statements (which much to my dismay - always countdown to 0 instantly) - I guess if I search through a few of the Scene or maybe the Manager itself might help me understand what the "frame rate" is and how to get it.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They should not use any looping statement because looping already handled in scene. Say... the scene loop contains
> update map
> update character
> update window
> update spriteset

Why would you add loop inside loop?

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah - the battle system I was doing had its sprite changing aliased into the custom sprite effects, I managed to find a much better way to get the sprite changing done - through item use, but I still had to alias on the effect_update.

Though the hope for the loop was to have something that didn't need aliasing - and not need to call up the sprite class, but I'm okay if I have to stick with it, since it's a lot simpler now that I only really need to alias the update call.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I need help with falling effects. I DL the Victor Engine - Moving Platform script. Here is the link. https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-vx-ace/moving-platform/ What I want to do is have flying creatures knock a character off a ledge if they run into it or vice versa. So I'd like to know what event command on the creatures to make this work. I've added a png to show you what I'm going for. Thanks.

Attachments

• going bats.PNG
    going bats.PNG
    57.1 KB · Views: 5

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That one deserve its own thread. So I suggest you to create one.

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I need help with falling effects. I DL the Victor Engine - Moving Platform script. Here is the link. https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-vx-ace/moving-platform/ What I want to do is have flying creatures knock a character off a ledge if they run into it or vice versa. So I'd like to know what event command on the creatures to make this work. I've added a png to show you what I'm going for. Thanks.

Can't you just do an event touch on the bats to force the player to move?
You could also use a parallel running event - to move the player when a variable is triggered by the touch, and then you could choose the direction based on conditional branches.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
After reading the script itself I don't even understand how to use it. Guess I'll just have 'her' do the heavy lifting again.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.
how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiteSilverwind