Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

Maky-chan

Stoner Rock fan, Doom Metal listener.
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Uh... I was wondering how to show images in battle, like a HUD.

I want to show a picture of a battle Layout as Windowskin, how can I do it?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aeon Spark, you might need to set your variable to 0 prior to the input number event.

AeonSpark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, that makes sense!

Thank you very much Shaz!

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible for the Yanfly Slippery Tiles script to be made compatible with Victors Pixel Movement script and its brother scripts?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'd need to post that in a new thread I think, as the response could be quite detailed.

Sarah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
http://rpgmaker.net/scripts/252/

I want this script in my game, but I'm having two issues with it:

1. It only seems to go up to 30 entries, despite my intention of having more than 30 unique monsters.

2. There are two monsters that I want to skip, but the skip command isn't working. I put <skipbestiary /> in the notes like it said to, but it still won't work.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not really a "script question that doesn't deserve its own thread". If you want help with scripts you've installed, you really should start a new thread for them.

Sarah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright. Sorry. >_<

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
would it be difficult to make a switch that allows event touch when an event is in a through state?

As it is, player touch works (player moves and touches an event that is through) but if the event touches a player standing still (aka event touch) it won't trigger.

gpgekko

Nevermind me, I'll just cast shadows on your walls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Oke, so this is from the top of my head. I would love to fact check this, but I can't atm, so if I'm wrong, please don't hit me to hard. :D

It works the other way around because of how the through state works: through determines that the event goes through all other objects, but it doesn't stop other objects from touching the event. That's why it doesn't work the way you want: the event doesn't touch the player, it goes through it.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So would you say the solution is to make the player through instead of the events? I'll have to try this when I get off work. If that was to work, how would you keep the player inside boundaries?

if that's too hard ill stick with my initial request and ask if anyone can make events start by event touch with through on.

SVGK

I see them.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i downloaded the ace core yanfly engine, but no matter what i do i can't seem to actually open it, every attempt results in "unexpected file format", and i'm not sure where to put it once i do open it, finally, where should i go to learn scripting for vx ace?, to my eyes it looks like.... the language computers speak.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i downloaded the ace core yanfly engine, but no matter what i do i can't seem to actually open it, every attempt results in "unexpected file format", and i'm not sure where to put it once i do open it, finally, where should i go to learn scripting for vx ace?, to my eyes it looks like.... the language computers speak.
It's a simple text file, but the file ending is changed to .rb because that is the ending used by ruby-interpretors.

Either rename the files from *.rb to *.txt or set the *.rb files to be opened with notepad or any other text editor.

You open the script editor from RPGM and put it in a new (inserted) line below materials - at the top of the yanfly script will be a description on where to place it.

Last edited by a moderator:

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys.

I'm using a script by Victor called Light Effects. The problem is, regular pictures (Show Pictures, Move Pictures, etc) are drawn under his light effect layer, so the shadows and lights affect pictures. How would I change the z of pictures? Here are his exact words:

"By default pictures are placed bellow the light effect layer, so you will need a script to change pictures Z"

♥SOURCE♥

Too sexy for your party.
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Seita, check if this does what you need.

class Sprite_Picture < Sprite #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Update Position #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def update_position self.x = @picture.x self.y = @picture.y p_name = @picture.name add_lz = p_name.include?('#Z') ? p_name.split('#Z')[1].split('#')[0] : 0 self.z = add_lz.to_i + @picture.number endendPaste that somewhere above Main and below Sprite_Picture. Then, somewhere in the picture name, put #Zn#, where n, the z value.

Example name:

Picture 06 #Z9999999#

Could also be:

Picture 06 #Z 9999999#

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's perfect, thanks so much Lemony you saved me!

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi again guys. Is there a script call to turn off transparency on a specific event? I need to do this while a different event is moving via set move route.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
$game_map.events[#].transparent = true (or false) where # is the event # (no leading zeros)

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks Shaz, that's really useful. Do we have a repository for basic script calls?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/restrictions-limited-move-sets.117489/ A new blog discussion thread draws near! Command?

What do you think of Limited Move Sets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss_Behavin