Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

archon325

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That means you passed the wrong object as an argument for your skill requirements object.
You need the Game_Actor object, not the RPG::Actor object, they are different.

The Game_Actor class actually got an actor method that returns the database object of the actor (that is the RPG::Actor object).
To get the Game_Actor object, you should use self for the argument there.
That appears to be the issue, thanks a lot!

archon325

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm trying to use scripting to edit paramters, xparameters and sparameters. For the parameters I'm using the add_param function defined in Game_BattlerBase. For the xparameters and sparameters I've created two arrays to keep track of the modifications, and edited the xparam() and sparam() functions as shown below:
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Get Ex-Parameter #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def xparam(xparam_id) return features_sum(FEATURE_XPARAM, xparam_id)+@xparam_Boost[xparam_id] end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Get Sp-Parameter #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def sparam(sparam_id) features_pi(FEATURE_SPARAM, sparam_id)+@sparam_Boost[sparam_id] end

The parameter changes seem to survive loading the game, but the x and s parameters don't. I think I might be able to find a workaround, but I was just wondering if someone could explain this to me, or had any thoughts on the easiest fix?

Edit: I think I've got it working now. I had also edited the clear_param_plus() function to wipe the xparam_Boost and sparam_Boost arrays. I had thought that since the clear_param_plus() wiped the param_plus variable it would reset any changes I made to parameters, therefore I figured anywhere clear_param_plus() would be called I should also reset changes to xparameters and sparamters. I guess I was wrong, removing that reset seems to have fixed it. I'm a bit confused as to how my changes to parameters survive clear_param_plus() being called though.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.
Zaj
Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not
So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?
Child base test two, flappin' their arms like it's VX Ace.
ChildTest-02.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRIS