Ruins of Empires DLC Pack?

Would you like a graphic pack that features ruins of ancient empires?

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just putting out feelers to see what the community thinks of the idea if I spent time to create a dlc pack that featured megalithic ruins-such as Stonehenge, and statues from ancient civilizations to flavor your games?

I had ideas for Stonehenge, the Colossus of Rhodes, random hands, feet, heads of Colossuses, Moai (Easter Island Heads), and larger-than-life statues of gods. Some of these I was thinking would come in pristine condition and ruined.

* Art style to mimic RTP and hopefully blend with other packs
* Some statues will have three variants: pristine, freshly destroyed and ancient (where nature has had time to reclaim it)
* Some statues will have 2 skin recolors: stone and bronze

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? I would love to hear it all.

Last edited:

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So long as it's not that medieval (the realistic CRPG one) style, I'd probably buy it. Ancient empire ruins would be great.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Htlaets -Oh! Did you mean Jesse from PVGames Medieval tilesets? Oh, no! No. I am incapable of doing that level of graphics. I meant, or I should clarify, that the artistic style would blend with the RTP, and hopefully be usable in some other packs.

@The Stranger -Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would Also Highly likely buy this!

Especially if they include some large statues in various states of decay.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That was my intention! For instance, I had plans for a Colossus of Rhodes in pristine condition, freshly destroyed and a third variant where it has lain in ruin for centuries. This same idea is what I had for other large statues, and some variant skin recolors from stone to bronze. With the bronze, there would be signs of oxidization from weather expose for centuries for a more visual cue.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Htlaets -Oh! Did you mean Jesse from PVGames Medieval tilesets? Oh, no! No. I am incapable of doing that level of graphics. I meant, or I should clarify, that the artistic style would blend with the RTP, and hopefully be usable in some other packs.

@The Stranger -Thank you for the vote of confidence!
That's what I thought. That style ( looks good, just doesn't work with my projects.

Anyway, I'd probably buy it either way, but I'd rather they not be 1:1 the Colossus of Rhodes but rather slightly more unique, and by that only slightly (Minor detail change is fine, I'd just rather not call to mind, for example, literal historical Ancient Greece, but rather ancient greek-like, maybe even other race statues (elven, demon, or whatever), too if you're doing multiple anyway).

Just a thought, again, I'm interested either way.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for the huge upvote, @misterdovah

@Htlaets - Loving the idea of other races for the statues. I don't see why I couldn't do variants for races, such as a fallen elven empire, as an example.

Progress update:
Currently working on statue feet, will present an image soon as I am able. Currently, the broken statue feet are 5 tiles high and I think 4 wide.

Last edited:

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes that was what i thought you meant lol
Silly me... xD

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to General Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I'd probably also buy it xD.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, I have the first sample image ready featuring a stone leg in pristine condition, ruined, and ancient. This is just the right foot and I intend to do the left next so that when both are placed on the map it would create the illusion of an enormous statue that the player is literally walking in the shadow of. I used the same color palette from the base RTP, but I am using the FSM tilesets. The leg is currently nude, but I have ideas to add layers over this so that I can create variants, such as one with a sandal and another with a fancy boot.

Sample Images.PNG

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My only point of critique is maybe making the outline a little darker (maybe? I dunno lol)
Other then that i absolutly love it!

One suggestion : Maybe have one half burried? and some rubble that fits the style to place near it? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr