Ruins of Empires DLC Pack?

Would you like a graphic pack that features ruins of ancient empires?

• Yes

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for the suggestions, Finnuval. I agree that the outline should be darker on the lighter side. Originally it was, but then I thought it was too dark and eliminated it before testing it in the engine.

Oo! I do like the idea of one half buried. Do you mean just in the ground or buried in rubble? I did not create rubble for it initially, because I figured people could do that themselves with whatever tileset they are using and maybe some parallax mapping skill. But you do make a point of making some unique rubble that fits the style. It did come out 'painterly,' I believe is the term.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the suggestions, Finnuval. I agree that the outline should be darker on the lighter side. Originally it was, but then I thought it was too dark and eliminated it before testing it in the engine.
The art of not doing to much and/or removiing too much lol

Oo! I do like the idea of one half buried. Do you mean just in the ground or buried in rubble?
How about both :p

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks great! Dunno about the darker or lighter outline bits. I can definitely see the outline making it look like it's too separate, so that's a balance.

Guessing you'll have buried heads and the like, too? I could see a bit where you enter the mouth of a beheaded gigantic statue as being pretty appealing.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I did not create rubble for it initially, because I figured people could do that themselves with whatever tileset they are using and maybe some parallax mapping skill
A lot of people don't have the ability to make decent looking rubble, so your initial premise is likely to be proved wrong.
Similarly a lot of people don't want to do a parallax just to have some rubble lying around - I know I wouldn't. And it would still require the artistic ability to make the rubble to put on the parallax.
In my opinion, having rubble as part of the tile set would be a huge selling point.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
See... Ppl want rubble!!! Told you so :p

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lol! Okay, okay! The people have spoken! I will design up some rubble!

@Htlaets - Yes! After I am done with the feet, I was going to move on to designing the broken remnants of the statue lying on the ground. And in line with that, other large head busts unrelated to the Coloseus. I do love the idea of a head bust the player can enter! That sounds like an opportunity for unique areas and secret places.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just a little update to keep people aware of progress--I've sketched out more pieces for this set today. The sketchwork includes eight variations of the Easter Island Heads--Moai-- (front, back, sides, toppled foreward and toppled backward). Also sketched out Mt. Rushmore and a cut off feet base for the Statue of Liberty.

Between the variations I have for the Colossus, Moai, Stonehenge (ruined and pristine), Mt. Rushmore and the Statue of Liberty, it is easily going to put this pack at 42 pieces.

Are there other statue landmarks people want to see? (Besides rubble! XD ) I wanted this pack to cover quite a wide range, from fantasy to modern so a lot of people could benefit from it. Any particular suggestions? Something someone wants to see?

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rubble, Rubble, Rubble... Oh wait you mentioned that :p

I think these are great but as mentioned before perhaps some variations on those based on different non-Human races? (if you ever need to brainstorm on that btw.... Just saying ;) )

Maybe some greek, roman and egyptian based statues (statie of zeus and the sphinx come to mind).

And i could come up with more but.... Yeah xD

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh! Like a variant of Mt Rushmore but ancient kings and queens, elves and dwarfs? I could totally do that! It would be interesting for sure! Didn't even think of that!

The Greek god statues would be good too, like Zues, Hades, Posedian, Ares, Aphrodite, Hepestus, Artemis and Demeter. That sounds like a good variety.

Certainly the Sphinx! Pristine and broken would be great. Obelisks and those standing pharoah statues, I think they were called kouros.

I'm also thinking some more megalithic stones too, like cairns, road markers, stone circles and other standing stones or even tombs to fit with Stonehenge.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wasn't planning to initially, I just have never seen the orcs as stone masons, but that is an error on my own perception. (In your game @Frostorm havent the orcs conquered the dwarves?) I can add orcs as a variant for the statues. Why not?

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena Lol yea, The Orcs did conquer and enslave the Dwarves in my game. It's no biggie if it's too much work. I'm waiting for you to finish this DLC, cuz I'd like to commission a bust or 2 afterwards! (Didn't want to swamp you with an extra workload while you're making this DLC)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, it has been awhile since I've posted any kind of update here. So, today I've wrapped up the first eight pieces for this pack. Ran into a strange problem where I'm loosing quality when I import the images into RPG Maker from Photoshop, so I'm going to have to figure that one out. Besides that, I have some screenshots taken with RPG Maker's RTP. The Colossus Legs feature: Sunken (per @Finnuval's suggestion), Ancient, Broken and Pristine.

ScreenshotSunken.PNGscreenshotAncient.PNGScreenshotBroken.PNGScreenshotWhole.PNG

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
mASON STATION.PNG

I've taken a step back to work on the basics for this pack, mainly where all the stone is coming from. So I've begun work on pieces for a quarry and a stone mason workshop. So far, I've completed the tools, a toolbox both empty and with the tools inside, and a various blocks of cut stone for the quarry ready to be shipped and cut. Also, a stone retaining wall, because why not. The pieces are featured with the default RTP to show how well they mesh.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love it. All im missing is a ladder for the sculptor/artisan xD

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sculpture Studio.PNG

The Stone Mason Studio has been hard at work crafting beautiful sculptures of marble and stone for varying races. Their orders are filled for months, from what the master craftsman tells me.

A quick note, I placed a fig leaf on the Statue of David by Leonardo da Vinci because I know there are children that frequent the forums, but the artist in me is appalled that I covered the original intended work. My husband informed me that in the Nintendo Game 'Animal Crossing New Horizon' they did not even censor the statue so I shouldn't worry. Part of me is concerned that the pack may not be accepted for inappropriate content, but I might just be over concerned about this.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Zeus head and the dwarf look great. I'm especially find of the chainmail/quilted texture of the dwarf's skirt. It's a well-done David but he's got the problem of perspective - we're looking at him straight-on rather than top-down, so he looks like he's lying on the ground.

I also love the in-progress busts on the table. That's a clever idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Some local cursed and attacked me because I said children should learn copyright....
I spent a lot of time creating it.
Follow up new work.
With every new day I'm working on more and more exciting stuff, how can I even control my own hype?
Angry kitten at the vet tries to sound scary but not doing a very good job of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
officework123